Season Tickets (2022/23)

mofo

Season Tickets 22/23  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Interested to see who is hoping to get a ticket when they come on sale. I like many gave my ticket up under Fat Mike and I'm hoping to get a new one....

• Got my ticket sorted so not bothered, sit back and watch the chaos!
    • Gave up under Ashley and hoping to get a ticket
    • Not had a ticket previously, hoping to get one

The likelihood is that a huge percentage of season ticket holders do not try or have any reason to try to get additional tickets, so the whole point about not wishing for season ticket holders to have the same purchasing rights as members is fairly moot.  The only time I use my season ticket to buy a seat is for cup games where I have a little time ahead of the members sale to purchase my own seat should I wish to.  I would guess that is also the case for the majority of other season ticket owners.

A membership entitles you to one ticket per game. Season tickets holders already have their one ticket and therefore shouldn’t have opportunity to purchase a second as it means non members are effectively getting priority tickets ahead of members.

1 minute ago, bowlingcrofty said:

A membership entitles you to one ticket per game. Season tickets holders already have their one ticket and therefore shouldn’t have opportunity to purchase a second as it means non members are effectively getting priority tickets ahead of members.

A season ticket holder is also a member though?

2 minutes ago, jack j said:

A season ticket holder is also a member though?

Yeah, they’re a member. A member can have one ticket per game. The way things is season ticket holders have the opportunity to have two (ie one for them and one for a non-member)

Edited by bowlingcrofty

1 hour ago, Dr Venkman said:

Everyone else is like me, therefore I should retain my extra privilege.

It isn't a privilege man, I pay for it the same as everyone else who is a member or season ticket holder.

34 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

You are all making this into something that it isn't.  I would hazard a guess that 90%+ of all season ticket holders do not regularly exercise the option to buy a second ticket and an even greater percentage do not ever use that option at all.  I have never used the option to buy an additional ticket, repeat never!

36 minutes ago, pinkeye said:

It isn't a privilege man, I pay for it the same as everyone else who is a member or season ticket holder.

Yes it is, a privilege is an advantage . It's an advantage bestowed upon you because you're a ST holder. I know you've paid for it, but that's not actually the point. At a time of scarcity in tickets, in the interests of fairness, the membership element of ST's should be removed and if necessary the price adjusted. No amount of 'I pay for it' or 'I don't use it anyway' makes any difference.

Bundling the season tickets and memberships together seems mad to me, like. Buy a season ticket and get your one seat per game. If you want to then be in the mix to get more, buy a membership as well.

4 hours ago, Dr Venkman said:

Yes it is, a privilege is an advantage . It's an advantage bestowed upon you because you're a ST holder. I know you've paid for it, but that's not actually the point. At a time of scarcity in tickets, in the interests of fairness, the membership element of ST's should be removed and if necessary the price adjusted. No amount of 'I pay for it' or 'I don't use it anyway' makes any difference.

Just for the record.  My season ticket number is the same as my membership one.  They are inseparable as an entity.  However,  I feel like I am being an arse here so I will just say this.....  I won't be using my membership number to buy any additional tickets so that is the best I can promise you.  I wish everyone on this forum the best of luck always to get tickets for the games they want to be at.

I think once you have a ticket, there’s no really strong argument that you should be able to buy more. 

But then again, anyone could have bought a membership for £35 so I guess ST holders would just do that. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Rightly or wrongly it's been a perk of paying your money up front for a ST for as long as i can remember. An incentive when they were less sought after. Let's face it, any one of us could have bought a ST over the years and had the same benefit but chose not to. I understand why people didn't and i understand why people gave their ST up under MA because i did the very same. It's an unfortunate catch 22. Many stayed away/gave up ST tickets to bring about change but now that change has come about they are having to watch it from afar. Unfortunately in the eyes of the club my previous 29 years of having a ST and having built up loads of loyalty points count for nothing now that i've had a gap between owning a ST. Away games are practically no go for me anymore and again in the eyes of the club someone who did 3 away games during Ashleys' awful later years is more deserving than myself.  

Thing is now that tickets are in demand, it leaves open the chance for season ticket holders to get an extra ticket that they don’t need and to sell it on above market value.

With a member, you know they are likely buying for themselves.

Yes for cup games, and friendlies give them a priority/chance to get their own seat.

27 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Rightly or wrongly it's been a perk of paying your money up front for a ST for as long as i can remember. An incentive when they were less sought after. Let's face it, any one of us could have bought a ST over the years and had the same benefit but chose not to. I understand why people didn't and i understand why people gave their ST up under MA because i did the very same. It's an unfortunate catch 22. Many stayed away/gave up ST tickets to bring about change but now that change has come about they are having to watch it from afar. Unfortunately in the eyes of the club my previous 29 years of having a ST and having built up loads of loyalty points count for nothing now that i've had a gap between owning a ST. Away games are practically no go for me anymore and again in the eyes of the club someone who did 3 away games during Ashleys' awful later years is more deserving than myself.  

Just because it has been happening doesn’t mean it can’t or shouldn’t change

11 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s a moot point really, since anyone that set on buying an extra ticket for every game to sell (or whatever) would just buy a membership and would be in the same pool of buyers anyway. 

And actually the consequences of a member doing that as opposed to a ST holder, are less, as they risk losing a £40 membership as opposed to a £600+ ST.

30 minutes ago, gdm said:

Just because it has been happening doesn’t mean it can’t or shouldn’t change

I agree. These questions need to be put to the new owners. Maybe we need to bring back the forums where fans would meet people from the club once a month or whatever. There used to be someone from the box office iirc, disability representatives etc.

2 hours ago, Scoreboard82 said:

I agree. These questions need to be put to the new owners. Maybe we need to bring back the forums where fans would meet people from the club once a month or whatever. There used to be someone from the box office iirc, disability representatives etc.

if only we had a supporters trust.