Season Tickets (2022/23)

mofo

Season Tickets 22/23  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Interested to see who is hoping to get a ticket when they come on sale. I like many gave my ticket up under Fat Mike and I'm hoping to get a new one....

• Got my ticket sorted so not bothered, sit back and watch the chaos!
    • Gave up under Ashley and hoping to get a ticket
    • Not had a ticket previously, hoping to get one

1 hour ago, TBG said:

Need to make memberships on par with the season ticket holders when it comes to ticket priority. 

It's pretty pointless being a member if tickets are selling out or the majority are being sold when they go on sale to season ticket holders. 

They already do that. Home tickets go on sale to season ticket holders (who are members anyway) and members at the same time.

Do they? I genuinely thought it was season ticket holders first, members next and then general sale if there's any left.

Edited by TBG

When Rafa left in the June I think it was, I'd already paid in full for the following season but told them I wanted to cancel it thereafter. So I had half a season of Bruce before covid hit and no one could go anymore. Then we had a full season of nobody there and so was offered it again at the start of this season. I just had a feeling the takeover would happen so bought it and thankfully it did. Bit of a gamble like but I'd have kicked myself had I not took it up this season with the takeover saga rumbling on and then eventually going through. 

2 hours ago, TheGuv said:

When’s a realistic time to camp out from? [emoji38]

Dunno if I can hack 2 days 

Not even sure logistically how they’d even do this. Keep a few hundred for at the ticket office? Otherwise you could be queuing as long as you like and be 5th in the queue but lose out to online sales.

Left after 10 year at the end of the Carver season. Said I wouldn’t go back until Ashley was gone. Will be trying but don’t have much confidence in getting one. 

Gave mine up in 2015 when I went to live abroad. Never felt keen to get it back.

Honestly not sure I can justify the cost of one. Plus with a usual handful of away games per season plus all the other football I go to it is hard to justify to the lass that many days/weekends taken up.

We've talked about getting 1 or 2 for the whole family that can be used as and when people fancy going. I think that's the most likely bet (if possible).

Edited by ponsaelius

Season ticket holders shouldn’t be able to buy extra individual match tickets, and membership should probably end. 

As to how you sell season tickets, haven’t a clue. A ballot maybe, but then I don’t know how you deal with friends and family who want to go together.  

Might even have to go as extreme as only allowing a season ticket for a year or two… after which you have to go back into the ballot. 

1 hour ago, TBG said:

Do they? I genuinely thought it was season ticket holders first, members next and then general sale if there's any left.

Thats for away tickets. For home tickets ST holders and members can both buy from the same time.

36 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Season ticket holders shouldn’t be able to buy extra individual match tickets, and membership should probably end. 

As to how you sell season tickets, haven’t a clue. A ballot maybe, but then I don’t know how you deal with friends and family who want to go together.  

Might even have to go as extreme as only allowing a season ticket for a year or two… after which you have to go back into the ballot. 

Your last suggestion would make the poll tax riots look like a game of tiddly winks😂😂

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The queuing system they use now which randomly assigns you a place in the queue when they go on sale is a more or less a ballot, I think?

Edited by Dr Venkman

5 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Not sure if this is true but I've heard that the only season tickets going on sale for next season are any that aren't renewed by current ST holders so that more tickets are available to members on a match by match basis. Apparently there is currently approx 32,000 season ticket holders.

This is in line with what some other PL clubs who sell out every week do.

Liverpool, 27,000 ST Holders (54,000 capacity)

Chelsea 25,000 ST holders (41,000)

Man Utd 55,000 ST holders (74,000)

Ahh so they're going down the day tripper and stag doo route🤢

34 minutes ago, jack j said:

As opposed to the “locked out” route. Can’t win either way.

1 hour ago, Dr Venkman said:

The queuing system they use now which randomly assigns you a place in the queue when they go on sale is a more or less a ballot, I think?

Think this is the only fair way of doing it. Reckon they should have no face-to-face sales at the Box Office either to prevent people camping out for days.

Log on, get a randomly assigned place and a maximum of 2 tickets in one transaction.

Anyone missing out to get put on a waiting list.

1 hour ago, jack j said:

Easiest way round that is at least require a purchase history with the club.

Fulham do this when selling tickets for their “neutral end” (:lol:) now to try and stop away fans from buying them up, given it’s next to the away section with no segregation. 

2 hours ago, Dr Venkman said:

More or less yeah, but you still have to be on the website at a certain time on a certain day to get a spot in that queue.

With the ballot you'd have a set period of time to register what you wanted in terms of numbers and which price categories you'd be ok with.

When supply is expected to massively exceed demand, its undoubtedly the best way to do it (which is why the large-scale events such as the Olympics and cricket/rugby world cup have used it) but I don't think they have enough time to get everything set up. I don't know anything about computers/software etc but I imagine it isn't something you could knock up in a couple of months?

Had one for about 10 years then wrapped in once Bruce was appointed, sadly not sure I'll get my ticket back. Stopped enjoying the match day experience all together under Ashley felt a complete chore going and now I'm just used to watching them at home or in the pub. The lack of Saturday 3pm kick offs makes my decision a bit easier mind.

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

What caused it, just a price increase or the end of a deal? 

end of price freeze - that was the one good thing Ashley did