Pre-season (2024/25) - Newcastle beat Spurs on pens

bowlingcrofty

I'm not quite sure if this is going to be solved that easily to both have fantastic center backs but also have them blessed with pace. In my opinion we stick with what we've got and figure out a way of stopping the supply through balls

Guest reefatoon
3 hours ago, pedro111 said:

Apparently there was no NUFC merch on sale at the match while there was for all other teams. 

We have given up on merch as all the cheapo rampas use dhgate now.

25 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I love how we will go from having the joint-best defence in the league to conceding the most based on the thoughts of idiots.

We definitely got exposed down the sides at Villa park in the 3-0, especially in that space between Trippier and Schar. We also started to concede a lot more towards the end of the season, the clean sheets certainly dried up.   It’s an area where we could definitely look to add and a bit of extra pace would be great 

5 hours ago, ATB said:

Tbh I think Big Joe can get a hard time getting in to the team. I mean look at Miley(!) and the potential of Tonali (beside of Bruno etc). For all the running he does, Joelinton seems to struggle in possession and lost the ball quite a fair bit. Yes I know the steel he brings. but to be fair, do he has a place in our best line up?

We seems to want to be more in controll of the ball this year and that not really his strength. Can he still be part of the first team and take us to the next level?

For me Joelinton is the first person on the team sheet. Whether that’s in midfield or wide left.

5 hours ago, pedro111 said:

Apparently there was no NUFC merch on sale at the match while there was for all other teams. 

These games, including Sunday in Philly when Chelsea were gone (they played the night before), basically have a Chelsea store with a few things from the other clubs and then nothing from NUFC. Sounds like it's Castore's fault, but really a missed opportunity. I've seen loads of people upset about this who were ready to spend, not to mention how many Miggy shirts we probably could have sold in Atlanta last night.

Flew back to TX this morning and as I’m getting off the plane, the pilot nods at my Newcastle polo and asks if I was at the game. Says he was there too and was happy to see Miggy score.

Lots of ATL fans around my seats, and they went crazy when Miggy scored. Seemed like 75% of stadium was celebrating with Miggy.
ATL loves Miggy

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think we deliberately pushed up and attacked a lot more though, to reduce the number of draws. Will be interesting to see how we approach the first few games. 

Exactly, we've changed shape.  I'm not against getting a new CB but Schar and Botman are a class partnership. 

Felt like he was on the cusp of breaking through a year or two ago and then got a bad injury last pre-season and missed a lot of his last loan.

Hope he does well, good luck to him. Clearly a good Football League level player.

So based on yesterday we are thinking something like this for tomorrow? 

Karius

Manquillo Lascelles Dummett Targett

Longstaff  Bruno Anderson

Murphy                                     Barnes 

Wilson 

Bench should be interesting but hopefully we see willock get a few minutes.

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Karius

Wilson 

You'd think it will be something like that, not sure how far off Willock is.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Dare I ask how much a water is inside?

Not sure what year it was from but I'm seeing 5 bucks per bottle. Trying to do my dehydration math in my head.

17 hours ago, toontownman said:

Karius

Wilson 

I wasn't sure if Longstaff would be fit, so I was thinking maybe Ritchie coming in at CM if he wasn't. Howe also mentioned Manquillo was an injury doubt in his post Chelsea press conference, so maybe Ritchie will fill in there, or Ashby getting a start despite featuring the other night, or some other young'un that I'm not aware of, but could be a long night with that defence [emoji38]

Longstaff hasn't been training with them so doubt he will start, Manquillo not training with the team 'at the moment'.

The "other" XI in that open training session was Pope; Ashby, Lascelles, Savage, Targett; Ritchie, Bruno, Willock/Turner-Cooke; Murphy, Wilson, Barnes.

Won't be too far from that and could see Pope playing again given he's lacking match practice.