Pre-season (2024/25)

bowlingcrofty

Ritchie, dummett….not fantastic, but let’s see how we get on . Hopefully an on-Murphy and we see a bit more of Harvey barnes looking sharper. Again, we don’t really have a bench giving us an option to strengthen at any point minus miley. I think we’ll step it up more when they’re back for the final pre-season games. Obviously it’ll all be giving Eddie an idea who he can use, what systems to play, etc. be nice to finish off with a result in the states though. 

Edited by Geordie Boyo

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Looking forward to seeing Asbhy getting a full match to prove his worth.

Same. Also quite interested to see how the Barnes/Wilson relationship develops, think that has potential.

I was in a management video conference this morning and my coworker who was also on the call messages me on Microsoft Teams during the meeting.

Baseball and American Football fan who lives in Atlanta: "You the see the Chelsea game last night"

Me: "I sure did"

Him: "I was there, it was pretty great"

Me: "I've watched every single Newcastle game for 2 years".

Him: "That guy who used to play for Atlanta scored"

Me: "Yea Miggy, he scored a fair amount last year"

Him: "That's why he isn't in Atlanta anymore"

20 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Well that's a kick up the cack shoot. Face the wrath of derailing  the usual Friday night, and no Isak, Tonali, Joelinton, Trippier, Almiron, Botman, Schar or Burn. Boo! (...thank God I have only virtually traveled overseas to watch it). 

30 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Aye but where did you have a pint?

Pedantic as fuck as usual from a self admitted Guinness nonce but good pints in the UK, especially town, are few and far between. Ireland is something else altogether.

Corner House so it probably wasn’t the best although I doubt it’d make too much difference. Where’s the best in town that isn’t the Irish Club? 

1 minute ago, Disco said:

Corner House so it probably wasn’t the best although I doubt it’d make too much difference. Where’s the best in town that isn’t the Irish Club? 

Oof. Toss up between The Ship, Tyne Bar, Tilley's and The Bacchus.

38 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Aye but where did you have a pint?

Pedantic as fuck as usual from a self admitted Guinness nonce but good pints in the UK, especially town, are few and far between. Ireland is something else altogether.

Have to say, ever the ahem! scientist (aka pisshead...), I fully tested out the Guinness vs Murphys over four days in Cork. Against the odds the latter won the day. (It is brewed there so maybe a stacked deck). 

Guest reefatoon
27 minutes ago, McDog said:

I was in a management video conference this morning and my coworker who was also on the call messages me on Microsoft Teams during the meeting.

Baseball and American Football fan who lives in Atlanta: "You the see the Chelsea game last night"

Me: "I sure did"

Him: "I was there, it was pretty great"

Me: "I've watched every single Newcastle game for 2 years".

Him: "That guy who used to play for Atlanta scored"

Me: "Yea Miggy, he scored a fair amount last year"

Him: "That's why he isn't in Atlanta anymore"

:milner:

I've just woke up and I'm confused... Are we playing the defence to prove a point or did the fixture order leave us with no option?

I.e. we could have played strong teams game 1 and 3... But then this defence against Chelsea would have been scary!

Edited by RobsonsWonderland

2 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Have to say, ever the ahem! scientist (aka pisshead...), I fully tested out the Guinness vs Murphys over four days in Cork. Against the odds the latter won the day. (It is brewed there so maybe a stacked deck). 

Aye, Beamish and Murphy's are both brewed in Cork iirc. Still the Guinness there will be lightyears ahead of what you get in the UK.

There next week. Looking forward to it, great grandmother emigrated to the north east from there before WWI/Easter Rising which is probably why stout makes up most of my bloodstream.