Manchester City 5-0 Newcastle United (08/05/2022)

Yorkie

signing off for the night.  Dont be too harsh with the comments.  City have had a £1-2B and 10 year head start....we are playing catching up.  6 months ago we had Bruce, Ashley, Charnley, no wins and no fucking hope.

HWTL and Wednesday tomorrow!

5 minutes ago, Nine said:

I completely disagree, signing 4 or 5 to that level is unlikely alone but on top of that you've got to get those players playing.. if they are coming from abroad theres a big chance they dont hit the ground running. We'd be very lucky to pull that off even with a £100m+ spend. We are at the very first stage of our evolution and will be for all next season, I personally would be very happy with a top 10 finish next year. 

Arsenal are nothing special Conte has Spurs looking the part but see what happens there in the summer. West ham were challenging and dont think they are that good of a side. Howe has us performing with top 4 form this year with a team that's not good enough the owners are obviously very ambitious and have money to spend. See what we do In the summer I'm no way expecting a top 5 finish but absolutely think its achievable and will be reminding yous this time next year ?

Edited by WillingtonMag

3 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

You could be right - a defeat is still a result.

Ok then I will stick my neck out.  I predict a win for the Toon.

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

There needs to be a submission rule in football so we can all get some time back. Pointless fixture for now. 

It’s probably better for this fixture if we just get 4 players sent off in the first 5 minutes and take the 4-0 deficit and everyone can then get on with their day.

5 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Howe has us performing with top 4 form this year

This is the exception though, not the rule. We played well during that good run but there was a bit more fortune involved in our goals than Howe would have liked I guarantee you, our attacking build up play hasnt been great with the almost majority of our goals coming from set pieces. Looking forward to the reminder though hopefully you are right [emoji38]

Edited by Nine

2 minutes ago, Nine said:

This is the exception though, not the rule. We played well during that good run but there was a bit more fortune involved in our goals than Howe would have liked I guarantee you, our attacking build up play hasnt been great with the almost majority of our goals coming from set pieces. Looking forward to the reminder though hopefully you are right [emoji38]

Probably me being a deluded geordie wolly to be fair mate ?. I'm just thinking our owners aren't going to fuck about at all and we'll be making a big statement in the summer.

Just now, neesy111 said:

This sky coverage is beyond BT levels 

Switched it off as soon as the break came as I knew it'd be an unsufferable Man City wankfest with added bants from Richards & co. 

Guest neesy111
Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Switched it off as soon as the break came as I knew it'd be an unsufferable Man City wankfest with added bants from Richards & co. 

I can't stand him, offers zero insight.

Edited by neesy111

3 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

4 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I can't stand him, offers zero insight.

Harsh. He’s limited at best, but every now and again he makes a decent post tbf.

2 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Probably me being a deluded geordie wolly to be fair mate ?. I'm just thinking our owners aren't going to fuck about at all and we'll be making a big statement in the summer.

The two performances today and against Tottenham will give prime notice to the owners what is required. Obviously it's going to take a few year, but I'm sure that will start in the summer.

Battered by (arguably) the best side in the world, no surprises in that but a bit disappointing we didn't make more of a game of it as other clubs have done. I fully expected a loss but the manner of the defeat matters to me and we barely laid a glove on them in all honesty. They're obviously lightyears ahead of us but it felt like we knew what was going to happen and accepted it. 

Sooner the season finishes the better. 

1 minute ago, midds said:

Battered by (arguably) the best side in the world, no surprises in that but a bit disappointing we didn't make more of a game of it as other clubs have done. I fully expected a loss but the manner of the defeat matters to me and we barely laid a glove on them in all honesty. They're obviously lightyears ahead of us but it felt like we knew what was going to happen and accepted it. 

Sooner the season finishes the better. 

Exactly my thoughts