Manchester City 5-0 Newcastle United (08/05/2022)

Yorkie

Just now, Shearergol said:

They’re ace, we’re shit. Hard to take any more from it. At least we don’t have Bruce to listen to now.

people expecting top 5 next season :lol:

The gulf in class between 3rd and 4th and City and Liverpool is palpable, City have and will beat much better teams than us by a healthy margin. Top 5 might be a push but looking at the quality in the top 10 we could be there abouts with the right purchases in the summer and some luck with injuries.

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Bearing in mind it was 4 when I typed that, just been on their results page and stopped counting at 6 result’s where they got at least 4.

Add Norwich and arsenal. But Watford got a goal against them 

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

They’re ace, we’re shit. Hard to take any more from it. At least we don’t have Bruce to listen to now.

people expecting top 5 next season :lol:

No reason why we can achieve it, 4 or 5 good signings could get most teams in the league challenging for it, we've got a good manager to go with it.

Just now, Yorkie said:

Think it's pretty likely we finish the season with four defeats on the bounce. Season is over and they're goosed after a pretty phenomenal effort to get themselves safe. Will be a bit of a damp squib though, hopefully there's no more batterings.

I always fancy us against Arsenal at home, but tbf, our season's over and we're playing against 4 teams desperately fighting for the league, champions league, and survival, so it's very possible.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I always fancy us against Arsenal at home, but tbf, our season's over and we're playing against 4 teams desperately fighting for the league, champions league, and survival, so it's very possible.

Arsenal will get 4 against us too 

1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

No reason why we can achieve it, 4 or 5 good signings could get most teams in the league challenging for it, we've got a good manager to go with it.

No reason why we cant achieve it but many reasons that suggest we wont achieve it. 

Edited by Nine

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Think it's pretty likely we finish the season with four defeats on the bounce. Season is over and they're goosed after a pretty phenomenal effort to get themselves safe. Will be a bit of a damp squib though, hopefully there's no more batterings.

No more batterings and the sooner the teams below us lose again the better. Football loves to kick you in the cock. I just want us to be mathematically safe now.

Just now, Nine said:

No reason why we cant achieve it but many reasons that suggest we wont achieve it. 

It's not a laughable suggestion like he made out though obviously this is depending on how much we spend but 4 or 5 players to the standard of Bruno and Trippier then its very possible.

Again, nothing we didn’t know. If we’re serious about building a good side there are a lot of players who will need to be replaced. Lascelles and Ritchie was the start of that. Next it will need to be the likes of Dubravka and Wood along with players who’ve actually done alright for the most part this season and deserve a bit of credit.

The next 3 transfer windows we’re going to have to spend and be both shrewd and ruthless. 

While City were in control throughout, I felt that it was a game of two halves. First half we played with decent intensity and competed,  the second we didn't. Whie I can accept us being outclassed, the last few minutes were hugely unprofessional.

That said, I felt we were a threat throughout and carved out three really decent chances and a couple of half chance. ASM had his best game in a while and it was good to see him, Bruno and Wilson link up well when the latter came on.

4 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

It's not a laughable suggestion like he made out though obviously this is depending on how much we spend but 4 or 5 players to the standard of Bruno and Trippier then its very possible.

I completely disagree, signing 4 or 5 to that level is unlikely alone but on top of that you've got to get those players playing.. if they are coming from abroad theres a big chance they dont hit the ground running. We'd be very lucky to pull that off even with a £100m+ spend. We are at the very first stage of our evolution and will be for all next season, I personally would be very happy with a top 10 finish next year. 

Edited by Nine

9 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I fancy us to get a result against Arsenal.

Sad obligation of a procession of a game in bored ground. Was always a total write off. Serves those in the media right for building it up like it would be anything other than what its always been.

ASM, Bruno, and others looked immediately better when Wilson came on. Thought Murphy looked bright too after coming on. 

It’ll be interesting to see the last two matches of the season with the team that finished on the pitch.