General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest neesy111

Hold on, Sheff Wed is £42? Actual pounds?!

It's outrageous and people are rightly giving them loads of shit. £37.50 for Ipswich on Easter Monday isn't much better either mind and no-one seems bothered for some reason?

Both prices are outrageous. 

“The gaffer at Newcastle, Rafa Benitez, texts me quite often to see how I’m doing in general and how I’m performing at the weekends,” he said.

“I stay in contact with him quite a lot, and also with the other lads down there. They’re always asking after me and it’s a good thing.

“My long-term aim is definitely to be the first-choice keeper at Newcastle one day. I set a lot of goals and that’s one of them.

“But I know that what I’m doing now matters, and Rafa said to me before I went away that I’d need to get loan games and more experience, and ultimately play men’s football.

“I feel like I’m doing that now and once I go back I can say I’ve done it, and maybe push for No.1.

“Rafa was brilliant for me when he first came in to Newcastle. As a young goalkeeper, I didn’t think he’d take much interest in me but he talked to me all the time about the keepers he’s had, such as Pepe Reina and Keylor Navas at Real Madrid.

“Even in training, his attention to detail is the best I’ve ever seen in the game. He watches every single bit of movement a goalkeeper makes and every decision a goalkeeper makes.

“Rafa always wants to improve and learn new things, and it’s amazing I can get that sort of knowledge from a man like him.

“He is a Champions League winner and he’s won things at every club he has been at. Hopefully this year Newcastle will win the Championship - I feel that they will do it.

“It’s actually quite surreal to tell your mates that Rafa Benitez is texting you and keeping tabs on you.”

:thup:  Really good to hear.

So far everything about Woodman indicates that he has a good chance of making it. Perhaps Rafa is taking a bit of a special interest.

Hold on, Sheff Wed is £42? Actual pounds?!

It's outrageous and people are rightly giving them loads of shit. £37.50 for Ipswich on Easter Monday isn't much better either mind and no-one seems bothered for some reason?

It's outrageous bordering on immoral and the football authorities should act.

Lazy football club can't be bothered to police or steward a huge away following but still want the revenue. Simple cut the allocation and increase the prices. Wrong, wrong, wrong!

Hypothetically they could charge 100 quid a ticket and a certain number would still go. They'd still get the revenue without the inconvenience of accommodating away fans. It has to be stopped.

Wigan charged us £5 extra than they charged their own fans sitting in identical seats at the opposite end of the ground and absolutely nothing was done about that.

Because they didn't break any rules. Outside the PL teams are allowed to designate up to 3 games a season as "special promotion" games where they can effectively take the p*ss by doing stuff like that. Why on earth the "special promotion" doesn't have to be extended to away fans I have no idea, but there you go.

As for Sheff Wed, I get the feeling they would actually like to give us a larger allocation, as they did Villa and Leeds, but they're having some kind of ding-dong with the police, probably over costs. Hopefully it gets sorted. That doesn't excuse the ticket prices mind.

What does it say? I'm blocked from viewing the official twitter page after slating Ashley a couple of years ago.

Just got a photo of Ciaran Clark looking bemused at their tweet of the team of the season

The back four is shocking. Clark has to be there instead of Dunk.

Surprised Cairney isn't in there tbh. For comparison, the current Whoscored team of the season, based on average ratings is:

C7Wo8OUXkAA7z6F.jpg

CBA to look but I bet they've got goals/assists, made lots of blocks etc.

Stuff like that shows why stats are only worth so much. That, and they haven't even got the right cloob for Hourihane.

Guest neesy111

CBA to look but I bet they've got goals/assists, made lots of blocks etc.

Stuff like that shows why stats are only worth so much. That, and they haven't even got the right cloob for Hourihane.

Especially since it's sponsored by FM.