General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

2 minutes ago, Paully said:

I hope so - back from the darts at Minehead at 4pm!

If that is true, that is proper shite for West Ham fans.

Another case of the Premier League not caring about the people that make the game what it is and who pays their wages.

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

If that is true, that is proper shite for West Ham fans.

Another case of the Premier League not caring about the people that make the game what it is and who pays their wages.

I 100% agree mate from a selfish point view I’m pleased! Sure we’ve played them a few times on a Monday - 4-0 under Sir Bobby with Lua Lua getting a few? 

That '96 West Ham (H) was the most one-sided game I think I've ever seen. 100% domination and it was relentless, bet their keeper got MotM despite conceding 3. Without any exaggeration - it could quite easily have been 11 or 12-0 :bluf:

Squad for the first half of the season announced:

1 Martin Dúbravka

2 Kieran Trippier

4 Sven Botman

5 Fabian Schär

6 Jamaal Lascelles

7 Joelinton

8 Sandro Tonali

9 Callum Wilson

10 Anthony Gordon

11 Harvey Barnes

13 Matt Targett

14 Alexander Isak

17 Emil Krafth

19 Odysseas Vlachodimos

21 Tino Livramento

22 Nick Pope

23 Jacob Murphy

24 Miguel Almirón

25 Lloyd Kelly

26 John Ruddy

28 Joe Willock

29 Mark Gillespie

33 Dan Burn

36 Sean Longstaff

39 Bruno Guimarães

22 hours ago, Paully said:

I 100% agree mate from a selfish point view I’m pleased! Sure we’ve played them a few times on a Monday - 4-0 under Sir Bobby with Lua Lua getting a few? 

Aye. 0-0 at halftime then blitzed them second half. Shearer scored from a solano pull back and I think shearer layed on one for solano

3 hours ago, midds said:

That '96 West Ham (H) was the most one-sided game I think I've ever seen. 100% domination and it was relentless, bet their keeper got MotM despite conceding 3. Without any exaggeration - it could quite easily have been 11 or 12-0 :bluf:

You’re not exaggerating in the slightest…

https://youtu.be/PZAy7mBccqU?si=MWIgCBJjM0ZfsDRN

Some of the passing and moving man, so, so good.

Anyone find the final shot stats for it? I genuinely can’t imagine there’s been many PL games where a side has had as many shots on target.

11 hours ago, SteV said:

Anyone find the final shot stats for it? I genuinely can’t imagine there’s been many PL games where a side has had as many shots on target.

It’s at least 40 shots as there were two on that video after the stats were put up.

12 hours ago, SteV said:

Couldn’t find them, but they did have a man sent off at 32 minutes (Potts). 

15 hours ago, midds said:

Watched that fairly recently and it's no exaggeration like. About as much of a 'Stop he's already dead!' match as you're likely to see. Was creased seeing Albert attempt a scissor kick from the edge of the box within 3 minutes :lol:

Batty was outstanding as well, completely ran the match.

Edited by Kid Icarus

On 09/02/2024 at 11:04, Kid Icarus said:

Been watching a few of these again over the last week or so. Was honestly laughing nearly non-stop watching the West Ham one. People talk about teams dominating games these days and generally they mean controlling possession, winning battles, making your moments count etc, but watching us in that West Ham match you can see that we were a one off, there was no controlling possession or anything like that, it was 90 minutes of relentless attack after attack without ever stopping for a moment to control things, it's insane. Within 2 minutes Phillipe Albert is attempting a scissor kick on the edge of their area. :lol: By the end, these are the stats:

image.thumb.png.236eec27c3a5a032c77d02d23290d0eb.png

12 hours ago, SteV said:

Quoted in the wrong order but the stats are above :thup:

16 hours ago, SteV said:

It's a PL record apparently but stats like that weren't collected league-wide until 2003-04. 

Screenshot_20221222-165004_YouTube.thumb.jpg.aaea8a2b31a524ff4ca4b9d82480cc16.jpg

23 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

It's a PL record apparently but stats like that weren't collected league-wide until 2003-04. 

Screenshot_20221222-165004_YouTube.thumb.jpg.aaea8a2b31a524ff4ca4b9d82480cc16.jpg

Yes! I refer to this game all the time. Les sealey was actually MOTM he was that good! I remember reaper smashing a clearance off his own bar as well at 3-0

On 13/09/2024 at 02:55, Paully said:

For some reason, I have always remembered and loved this game more than any other from my memory. It was our first game of the season but we had the Monday night football slot. 

Think I was so lookong forward to that season and I can remember I was so excited to watch Hugo Viana make his debut and so wanted him to make an impact ala Ginola. Loved that game very much.

Edited by nufcjb