General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Watching our current safety first football had taken its toll so I went in search of more entertaining games from the past. Watched two full games, (found on YT), and what a difference in football, and nealry all aspects of it.

First game I watched was Luque's debut game, he hadn't even trained with the team and Souness threw him into the mix, whilst also playing Dyer and Emre who had both reported hamstring niggles. By half-time Dyer and Emre were off with, you guessed it, hamstring injuries. But what a game of flowing football, there was so much space all over the pitch; and the challenges, players getting whacked and just getting up and getting on with it where there'd be 5 minute remonstrations with the ref today and a trial by TV on the evening round-up - followed by retrospective bans most likley.

Second game was the same two teams from 2003. Uriah Rennie was the ref and the co-commentator was a dyed in the wool ManU supporter by the sound of the patter.

Andy Griffin was carded for a tackle from behind but he'd won the ball cleanly about a foot in front of Van Nistelrooy, his trailing foot tapped into the back of RVN and down he went. 10 minutes later or so a similar thing happened to Shearer but much worse. Nothing from ref or the co-commentator, you saw Robson having a long chat with the fourth official (Jeff Winter) about it. Fergie got sent to the stands later for his protestations about something or other but when wasn't he trying to influnce things.  1hr and 7m into the vid Shearer takes a clearance and brings it under control, O'Shea comes flying into him with the shoulder, fair enough, but Shearer tumbles over and this wanker of a co-commentator is saying "Oh what a dive, what a dive."

Compared to what we watch these days though both games were much more enjoyable as a spectacle, as entertainment.

I wonder how many kids from the north east probably between the ages of say 6 and 14 support Newcastle. My lads 13 and he supports Barcelona. I don’t think any of his boys club teammates supports Newcastle, the teams range from Man City, Liverpool a couple of Sunderland supporters.

I wonder how many kids from the north east probably between the ages of say 6 and 14 support Newcastle. My lads 13 and he supports Barcelona. I don’t think any of his boys club teammates supports Newcastle, the teams range from Man City, Liverpool a couple of Sunderland supporters.

You'll always get the little gloryhunters who'll support Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man Utd, Man City etc but most of them grow out of it when they get a bit older.

I took my lad to a coaching session at Tyne Met College yesterday morning for 4-6 year olds and out of the 17 kids that turned out 8 of them were in Toon kits with the rest a mix of Barcelona and Real Madrid, with 1 Man City strip. That's not to say that the bairns wearing the Barca/Real strips actually support them mind. Mine has both those strips, amongst others, but is a Newcastle fan.

Guessing you must be from some ‘non-aligned’ pit village, near hell; a sheep-shagger; or rattling around some soulless new town.

Guessing you must be from some ‘non-aligned’ pit village, near hell; a sheep-shagger; or rattling around some soulless new town.

Kenton Bar Estate.

"I like Mike Ashley. If he sells, he'll be selling the club in a better position than what he bought it in."

"The takeover is an excuse, not a distraction. Why isn't Rafa criticised?"

Full quote

Bellamy is an idiotic little underpants Gnome. What's his logic for repeatedly asserting that Ashley will leave the club in a good position? Literally the only positive is that the club hasn't gone bankrupt, which you would think is the bare minimum to expect. Well done Mike, you didn't burn the stadium down and lose everything, have a medal.