General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Shame Shearer was injured for that first CL run. Might have had a chance.

Was looking over that 97/98 season recently. Remembered we finished 13th, but did not remember how bad we did in the league.

Though 13th, we were level on points with 14-16th, only ahead on goal difference. We finished with 44 points, while Bolton were relegated on 40 points.

The Barcelona win and the FA Cup final appearance obviously gloss over it, but we weren't far at all off relegation!

Just a year after getting 68 points with the best goal difference in the league. In 96/97 we scored 73 and in 97/98 35.

We didn’t start the season too badly. We were always 2 games in hand for the majority of the start of the season because of the two CL qualifiers.

Just looking at the results and after we beat Palace 2-1 away late November, we were 8th, 7 behind Chelsea in 2nd with two games in hand still.

Was looking over that 97/98 season recently. Remembered we finished 13th, but did not remember how bad we did in the league.

Though 13th, we were level on points with 14-16th, only ahead on goal difference. We finished with 44 points, while Bolton were relegated on 40 points.

The Barcelona win and the FA Cup final appearance obviously gloss over it, but we weren't far at all off relegation!

Just a year after getting 68 points with the best goal difference in the league. In 96/97 we scored 73 and in 97/98 35.

I'm sure we had a huge six-pointer late in the season which we won 2-1!

Was this the season you had a little column in the Chronicle? :lol:

Ha ha I found some of the cuttings when I’ve been cheating the parents’ house out last few weeks! 99-00 - Punters Panel - nightmare having to phone and email stuff in early the next morning especially after an away match  :lol:

Guest neesy111

I'm sure we had a huge six-pointer late in the season which we won 2-1!

Barnsley at home.

Would have been perfect with it being part of the same move where Ginola skipped past Neville as well. The last 25 minutes of that match are an absolute piss take.

The best thing about Ginola skipping by Neville is that the camera does that zoom in and it doesn’t even look like Ginola is aware of Neville coming thru with what looks like a certain red card tackle and he just slips by him like it was nothing :lol:

I second your post above, during this quarantine lockdown I’ve watched some Classic matches of ours and I’ve

Forgotten how excellent Batty was.

We didn’t start the season too badly. We were always 2 games in hand for the majority of the start of the season because of the two CL qualifiers.

Just looking at the results and after we beat Palace 2-1 away late November, we were 8th, 7 behind Chelsea in 2nd with two games in hand still.

After winning twice in a week on 22/29 November, we then won twice in the next 19 games! (and not too many draws either) Until that Barnsley game, which we won in the 86th minute.

I'd happily take one of all six NUFC ones on that site. :drool:

Is it acceptable to start buying artwork for your home when you may not even be able to buy a home for another six months? :lol:

They look class, I'm just a bit dubious as I've not heard of the site before. :lol:

They're legit, have no fears. Bought me dad the asics blue star beach towel a few months back. :thup:

They look class, I'm just a bit dubious as I've not heard of the site before. :lol:

They're legit, have no fears. Bought me dad the asics blue star beach towel a few months back. :thup:

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

After winning twice in a week on 22/29 November, we then won twice in the next 19 games! (and not too many draws either) Until that Barnsley game, which we won in the 86th minute.

https://www.premierleague.com/matchweek/213/table

24 points from our first 14 games. 20 from the last 24 games.