General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest Howaythetoon

I definitely remember a Serie A team being linked but think it was Genoa?

Ah you’re right, great memory :thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

I think Bobby was or would have been happy to get 1.5m for Shearer and wanted to bring in Beattie and Smith, we were also linked to Huntelaar who Bobby wanted.

Guest Howaythetoon

Kluivert was a Fat Fred ego signing. Mind, I was happy we signed a particular hero of mine, just to see him wear out shirt a few times will do for me, loved him as a player growing up. Knew the minute he got a standing ovation at SJP in a friendly he would one day sign for us. Such a shame he was past his best and we were too. A class act still in some of his performances :thup:

I remember Kluivert and Bellamy being a class pairing away at Selhurst Park. Shearer having too much influence and scuppering the future of that partnership is a theory that was flying about around the time.

I’m the end it was probably better it didn’t work out that way. In terms of overall club history, Shearer playing more and then staying on another year finishing top scorer in club history means a lot more than if we’d maybe clambered up a few more places and finished 9th for example. It’s not like the course of the club would have changed given Ashley was coming along a couple of years later.

Guest Howaythetoon

I’m the end it was probably better it didn’t work out that way. In terms of overall club history, Shearer playing more and then staying on another year finishing top scorer in club history means a lot more than if we’d maybe clambered up a few more places and finished 9th for example. It’s not like the course of the club would have changed given Ashley was coming along a couple of years later.

:thup:

Get in. Love that bloke.

Best striker we've had since Shearer. Was really fucking good those six months when he was played on the left to accommodate Cisse as well, don't care that every shot he took managed to hit the post or the bar instead of going in.

Get in. Love that bloke.

Best striker we've had since Shearer. Was really fucking good those six months when he was played on the left to accommodate Cisse as well, don't care that every shot he took managed to hit the post or the bar instead of going in.

Him and Remy were both class.