General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Didn't know where to put this, but does someone from here run the "Newcastle United Times" Facebook page? It features vids made by Sewelly (he's not around anymore is he?) and sometimes seems to post things related to discussion points here. Or maybe I'm just imagining it.

Anyway, if it's someone from here then a big :thup: because I'm enjoying it

Completely random fact: the only seasons in which we've scored more goals at SJP than in 2010-11 are 1993-94, 1994-95, 1996-97 and 1999-00. Mad. We did dish out a few drubbings at home that season, 6-0 v Villa, 5-1 v mackems, 5-0 v West Ham, 4-1 v Wolves. And obviously the Arsenal 4-4.

Guest chopey

Newcastle-United-v-Barcelona-UEFA-Champions-League-1997.jpg

My Sunderland mate said Given was one of the best keepers he's ever seen when he played for them, when he came to us that summer I thought he looked tiny and would never make it

Guest neesy111

why did we sell Watson, i always thought he was a great player

To raise funds to buy Duncan Ferguson since our striking options except Shearer were very poor.

why did we sell Watson, i always thought he was a great player

To raise funds to buy Duncan Ferguson since our striking options except Shearer were very poor.

:thup:

Cannavaro: Lorenzo Minotti, our captain at Parma, was a meticulous guy. He’d keep track of all the fines that needed paying and who needed to pay them. He used to make a list. Let’s say I needed to pay 100,000 lire (about £60 in 1998) and one of my team-mates got a 200k fine and so on. One day, he got to Tino Asprilla and told him he had to pay 3 million lire (nearly £2,000)! Tino got up, calm as you like, and ate the piece of paper the fines were written on.

Source: https://theathletic.com/1797753/2020/05/07/tino-coach-mario-and-tottis-cat-vieiri-and-cannavaros-late-night-stories/

Guest reefatoon

Batty had a great all round game. Was a great player. If only that cheeky little lob towards the end had went in too.

Guest Howaythetoon

Watched the 5-0 again last night but have also been meaning to say for a while that David Batty doesn't get enough of a shout out for his performance in that match. Arguably man of the match tbh.

My MOTM in that game and a generally underrated player, he regularly had a 7/10 game since he signed for us with the odd 8 +

Guest reefatoon

Would have been perfect with it being part of the same move where Ginola skipped past Neville as well. The last 25 minutes of that match are an absolute piss take.

Totally. Man Utd players had lost their heads and we pulled them apart.