General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

15 hours ago, SteV said:

Yeah, it seems you can list ‘eligible’ people to use your ticket in your absence. Not clear exactly how, or how many people you can list yet.

Suppose it means you can’t just give to someone on a whim. Although having said that, I very much doubt any match day ID checks are going to be extensive.

I think this is probably aimed not at people who share their ticket with a family member but the very minor number of fans who have 15 plus season tickets in their name. I know of at least 2 and one who has something like 40...

17 minutes ago, OCOCOL said:

I think this is probably aimed not at people who share their ticket with a family member but the very minor number of fans who have 15 plus season tickets in their name. I know of at least 2 and one who has something like 40...

Could you please report them? 

3 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

How did it make any sense to have 40 tickets in your name prior to December last year?  What would be the point? We were giving away season tickets and every game went to general sale.

The cup final tickets alone could probably have made you thousands. 

18 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The cup final tickets alone could probably have made you thousands. 

Without knowing who it is, I would doubt the situation has occurred with the aim of the person gaining financially.

27 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

How did it make any sense to have 40 tickets in your name prior to December last year?  What would be the point? We were giving away season tickets and every game went to general sale.

Away games. Put on a coach with guaranteed match tickets. Few years under Ashley and you’d be laughing depending on your markup.

Just now, LFEE said:

Away games. Put on a coach with guaranteed match tickets. Few years under Ashley and you’d be laughing depending on your markup.

Anybody who wanted away tickets could have had them too, they all went on general sale

3 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Anyone having an issue getting on the website - it’s telling me they don’t recognise my details but has let me do a password reset. Weird.

You on the correct website? There are two don’t forget.

2 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Anybody who wanted away tickets could have had them too, they all went on general sale

They would fill the remainder of the coach. Also not all of them went to general sale. 

7 hours ago, SteV said:

Is it? Mackems seem to be more advanced than that:

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/safc/Common/CustomPage/Index/3

You will receive your 2023-24 digital season ticket via email

:mou: 

Class....

You will not be able to gain entry if your phone is not charged. On matchday, please ensure that your mobile phone is fully charged.

Edited by duo

5 minutes ago, duo said:

:mou: 

Class....

I mean your phone being dead being a problem is kinda obvious…

From what I remember when the mackems twisted about this (granted I’m a bit hazy on it), I think they were told the club would install charging points near turnstiles so people could get a quick charge which would be enough to get switched on and inside (no idea whether this has been confirmed like).

19 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Loyalty points / access to away tickets is the reason.

19 hours ago, SteV said:

Without knowing who it is, I would doubt the situation has occurred with the aim of the person gaining financially.

People will know who it is - and it isn't done for financial gain - in some ways there has been an element of altruism in helping fellow fans out.

Even under Ashley popular away games were hard to source tickets for if you didn't have loyalty points.

Was thinking just this morning, I wonder what sprucing might occur over the summer. You'd expect a fair amount given where we're heading and the increased exposure.

Would dearly love to see the East Stand lettering changed and perhaps the whole facade given a bit of a refresh. I just hope, if they do, they lean into the club's own brand rather than plaster it with logos of companies from distant lands. Imagine the four badges, backlit, emblazoned either side of the reinstated letters, also backlit. 

1 hour ago, OCOCOL said:

People will know who it is - and it isn't done for financial gain - in some ways there has been an element of altruism in helping fellow fans out.

Even under Ashley popular away games were hard to source tickets for if you didn't have loyalty points.

By doing this though aren’t they just taking tickets away from fellow fans who would have enough loyalty points to get tickets if others weren’t buying loads to sell to their mates?

1 minute ago, NE28 said:

By doing this though aren’t they just taking tickets away from fellow fans who would have enough loyalty points to get tickets if others weren’t buying loads to sell to their mates?

You can argue that (with a degree of justification admittedly), but ultimately it’s just someone doing the donkey work of accruing the points so a different NUFC can go (making the assumption that those ‘mates’ taking the tickets are genuine fans).

I would agree that’s probably questionable that the system is allowed to work like that, but I don’t see it as something to be outraged about.

5 minutes ago, SteV said:

You can argue that (with a degree of justification admittedly), but ultimately it’s just someone doing the donkey work of accruing the points so a different NUFC can go (making the assumption that those ‘mates’ taking the tickets are genuine fans).

I would agree that’s probably questionable that the system is allowed to work like that, but I don’t see it as something to be outraged about.

I’m not outraged and seemingly he isn’t actually doing anything wrong but it just doesn’t really sit right with me and I’m not sure the club should allow it when demand is so high.

I suppose it depends on who is actually going to the games. If it’s generally the same people going all the time then it doesn’t really matter but I do think it’s a problem if people who never go away end up getting tickets to big away games while others who go to every game they can get tickets for miss out because they can’t accumulate enough points to get to the bigger games.

Don’t really blame him though. I’d probably do the same so me and my mates could go to away games and cup finals etc. if I was in a position to.

2 minutes ago, NE28 said:

I’m not outraged and seemingly he isn’t actually doing anything wrong but it just doesn’t really sit right with me and I’m not sure the club should allow it when demand is so high.

I suppose it depends on who is actually going to the games. If it’s generally the same people going all the time then it doesn’t really matter but I do think it’s a problem if people who never go away end up getting tickets to big away games while others who go to every game they can get tickets for miss out because they can’t accumulate enough points to get to the bigger games.

Don’t really blame him though. I’d probably do the same so me and my mates could go to away games and cup finals etc. if I was in a position to.

Exactly, we all would. 

Until something is explicitly put in place to prevent it, he/she is obviously going to carry on as they always have.