General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

So if Sheikh Jassim buys Man United would that be a good thing for Newcastle?  I think it would. I think it would make it harder for the PL to try and keep Newcastle down with any dodgy “fair market value” rulings as they wouldn’t want to do that to them. Makes it harder to pull off I think.

3 hours ago, McDog said:

So if Sheikh Jassim buys Man United would that be a good thing for Newcastle?  I think it would. I think it would make it harder for the PL to try and keep Newcastle down with any dodgy “fair market value” rulings as they wouldn’t want to do that to them. Makes it harder to pull off I think.

No, it would be terrible. The problem is man utd already have a lot of high value sponsors so they can inflate them from a much higher level. 

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

No, it would be terrible. The problem is man utd already have a lot of high value sponsors so they can inflate them from a much higher level. 

Whilst I agree with that statement about them rising, staying in the top 4 is how to build a top flight team and if they get inflated sponsorship levels it seems to me, and I'm not claiming to understand shite, they will get more more money so if the Saudis line up something similar, how can the PL say "It's ok here but not there?"

7 hours ago, McDog said:

Whilst I agree with that statement about them rising, staying in the top 4 is how to build a top flight team and if they get inflated sponsorship levels it seems to me, and I'm not claiming to understand shite, they will get more more money so if the Saudis line up something similar, how can the PL say "It's ok here but not there?"

We'd not be seen as equal yet. Their history, years of Champs league exposure etc but over time  as our exposure grows it would level up.

It’s obviously bollocks but could you imagine the uproar 

Probably still wouldn’t be enough to get away from Adam P

Edited by Jack27

12 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

It’s obviously bollocks but could you imagine the uproar 

Probably still wouldn’t be enough to get away from Adam P

100% bollocks - the supposed "consultation from fans" would have came out!

56 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Club have just sent round a survey to season ticket holders. Topics covered are a resale portal & cup schemes (committing to purchasing home games in advance).

Anyone else not got this? Not the first time and my details / communication preferences are correct.

Newcastle United have set a new record. They have achieved the lowest number of losses in a top flight season this season regardless of what happens in the last two games. In 131 years of existence. It's been a miracle season.The previous record was 8 loses in a season

On 17/05/2023 at 16:34, Doctor Zaius said:

"A way around attracting players to play for Newcastle by making them live in Manchester" [emoji38]

Aye, absolute bollocks, it would have came out if there was any truth in it.

Also if we were wanting to build a training ground elsewhere, surely it would be in Greater London, or failing that Cheshire, over Manchester.

We also have Edinburgh just up the road.

On 17/05/2023 at 18:00, GeordieT said:

Anyone else not got this? Not the first time and my details / communication preferences are correct.

I’ve not had anything and my details are correct too 

Manchester?! [emoji38]

If a player doesn't want to play for Newcastle and live in the immediate or surrounding areas then fuck them! Wrong precedent to set for me.

8 minutes ago, Disco said:

Did they aye? 

Quite embarrassing and speaks to someone that was being fed lines by agents and was all too happy to post them. 

They’ll make mistakes, but they’ve made so many good calls, which makes this all the more ridiculous.