Dan Ashworth (now working for Manchester United)

Rich

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

I never said it wasn't crass mind. At the end of the day there's going to be a lot of people out of a job. 

My point is that if there has been a review and the workforce is overinflated, I don't see what people expect a business owner to do. Continue losing £7.5m a year so you're seen as a nice 

No matter what business it is, when you're paying under performers more in a week than most of these 250 will see in 10 years, then it doesn't really suggest they're the problem

6 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

No matter what business it is, when you're paying under performers more in a week than most of these 250 will see in 10 years, then it doesn't really suggest they're the problem

Nope, but what footballers are getting paid isn't Jim Ratcliffe's fault either. 

7 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Nope, but what footballers are getting paid isn't Jim Ratcliffe's fault either. 

Maybe not but he's choosing to sacrifice the ones who probably need the wage most to subsidise them. 

Totally typical of modern business practices unfortunately and is common place in every industry....the ones who do the actual work are the easiest to sacrifice.

It's not a Man U thing, just a reality of our current economy. 

With any luck man u will bin the guy who knows all the legacy systems thinking he's just another cog...

14 hours ago, Froggy said:

I never said it wasn't crass mind. At the end of the day there's going to be a lot of people out of a job. 

My point is that if there has been a review and the workforce is overinflated, I don't see what people expect a business owner to do. Continue losing £7.5m a year so you're seen as a nice guy? 

If nigh in a quarter of the workforce has been deemed surplus to requirements, best hope the decision making was correct. Might be the case that a cull like that leads to all sorts of gaps and, paradoxically, inefficiency. The responsible managers, closer to the actual work, might be the ones who face the ‘karma’ for the human cost. 

24 minutes ago, Ben said:

Has Ashworth just confirmed he has been working for Man Utd for ages now ? Ten Hag was confirmed as manager weeks ago 

Not sure how others feel but after this bloke forgot to switch off to his gmail before sending illicit communications, and now this.... Feeling more and more like we've pulled the wool over ManU's eyes with this one... Mitchell in and an incompetent out for some several million pound profit

23 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Not sure how others feel but after this bloke forgot to switch off to his gmail before sending illicit communications, and now this.... Feeling more and more like we've pulled the wool over ManU's eyes with this one... Mitchell in and an incompetent out for some several million pound profit

This 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

34 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

I don't think email expertise is essential criteria to be a successful sporting director. :lol:

3 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Admit it, you're sweating slightly you might have picked the wrong one

Another jammy Southgate run to the final, coinciding with a dodgy ten Hag start to the season, and reality will hit him like a ton of bricks.

:laugh:

The only way I could see him writing that is if the agreement for compensation included a clause such that we would not go after him for communicating with ManUtd during his employment here.  If the agreement included that the compensation amount would have reflected it.

1 minute ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

The only way I could see him writing that is if the agreement for compensation included a clause such that we would not go after him for communicating with ManUtd during his employment here.  If the agreement included that the compensation amount would have reflected it.

Yeah, I’m sure that the final compensation accounted for the breach of contract and compensated with agreement for no further litigation

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Has Ashworth just confirmed he has been working for Man Utd for ages now ? Ten Hag was confirmed as manager weeks ago 

I think the we is used as meaning Manchester United football club.