Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

What's the deal with the Bournemouth geezer, is he not very good?

How long a go did he leave Bournemouth and why? If it’s any length of time and he’s good at the job why’s he not been snapped up?

2 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

How long a go did he leave Bournemouth and why? If it’s any length of time and he’s good at the job why’s he not been snapped up?

He’s still there and was being linked with Liverpool a fortnight back 

15 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Don’t think it makes a blind bit of difference re NUFC’s standing in all honesty.  Anyone who thinks we share standing with MUFC is borderline delusional, irrespective of where we’d like to get to.  Ashworth left Brighton for us - did Brighton’s standing change in anyone’s eyes?  They don’t seem to be suffering his loss.  I think some of this is being overstated. 

The links to the Bournemouth bloke are more of a concern, frankly.  It’s already a bit iffy that Howe gets his relatives onboard. 

Man City never had the same standing as their neighbours…..look at them now. Man U have global standing huge fan base and can’t compete financially or on the pitch. I know all the charges and claims of cheating will be called out on here re City which will go no where imo. It’s all about finance whether we like it or not and until the rules are changed we’re little different to how we were under Ashley…unable to compete for players and the best backroom staff.

12 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

There’s zero chance Howe gets offered the Man Utd job at the present moment.  I can’t see them not wanting an elite manager when ETH goes. 

I could see Howe being high on Brailsford’s and Ashworths list, but would probably depend on us pipping them to Europe and bagging the FA Cup this season to give it the optics required for their fanbase.

It does seem Ratcliffe has been given the keys to the football operations, so I’d expect a completely different approach from them going forward.

8 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Nepotism central is the issue as it was with the appointment of Eddie’s nephew. 

also shows a distinct lack of both ambition. We need someone who has both a great contact book as well as experience competing at the highest level. 

"Nepotism" :lol:

Fucking hell man, hang Eddie for recomending a scout he's worked with before.

1 hour ago, FloydianMag said:

So ambitious staff move on to bigger clubs, players will also do the same and it says everything about the club.

I know local lad, but Shearer stayed, living his dream. It wasn’t always about money and ambition. I mean it may not just be about being able to hang on to Ashworth, it maybe in this case Ashworth has already got his head turned again for the next big thing. The club is in great hands and the foundations are clearly being strengthened. I’m biased but how could anyone not want to stay [emoji38] (also this could all be speculation, let’s see how it pans out) If he does go we’ll get in who we need, that will carry us onwards and upwards.

8 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

I know local lad, but Shearer stayed, living his dream. It wasn’t always about money and ambition. I mean it may not just be about being able to hang on to Ashworth, it maybe in this case Ashworth has already got his head turned again for the next big thing. The club is in great hands and the foundations are clearly being strengthened. I’m biased but how could anyone not want to stay [emoji38] (also this could all be speculation, let’s see how it pans out) If he does go we’ll get in who we need, that will carry us onwards and upwards.

Exactly, he was a local lad…………….had he been a London lad or a Leeds lad would he have stayed? I doubt it. As soon as Keegan walked he would’ve likely been off.

2 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Exactly, he was a local lad…………….had he been a London lad or a Leeds lad would he have stayed? I doubt it. As soon as Keegan walked he would’ve likely been off.

Maybe we’ll see a photo of Ashworth with his fingers in his ears soon enough [emoji38]

IMG_0605.thumb.png.7e879557e0b1232e9fb70f473fdf863f.png

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

What's the deal with the Bournemouth geezer, is he not very good?

Personally find it hard to judge sporting directors, a lot of their work goes on behind the scenes and can take years to come to fruition. Bournemouth do seem to target young European players, if he had anything to do with that then that’s a positive.

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Yeah, right, we've yet to discuss :lol:

If Brailsford is best pals with Ashworth he’ll already know what they have planned as well………it really is down to him deciding if he wants to go.

Richard Hughes? Sounds like one of Eddie's Brexit mags appointments. It's a PASS from me.

There's not a fella abroad called Juan Loadsaplayers or something? Big black aviator sunglasses and wears chinos and brown shoes. Much more suited to our club. Just the ticket for me.

5 minutes ago, NSG said:

If he goes then he goes. Just a bump in the road on the way to the top.

Our way to the top is being blocked at every turn, not just by FFP but now more onerous FMV rules to block sponsorship deals. If we find loopholes you can bet your life the cartel clubs will shut those down by bringing in more rules. They don’t want a powerful NUFC.