Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

Just now, simonsays said:

I hope everyone is prepared for him to trot out his 'I think of myself as the centre of a wheel...' interview for the hundredth fucking time

We knew he was the centre of the wheel when he signed, we didn't know it was the wheel on the bus on the way to Blaydon.

Each PL goal is worth like 1mil, so I don't think a 10mil delta p/ season over the next 2 is that insane for Man Utd. Plus we need to get and (potentially) extricate a replacement. 

4 minutes ago, simonsays said:

I hope everyone is prepared for him to trot out his 'I think of myself as the centre of a wheel...' interview for the hundredth fucking time

"Chilled out entertainer"

Bit of posture from us in the press.

Get the replacement lined up sharp and negotiate the man out. The temptation to fuck man utd about is certainly there from fans, but I doubt the club will entertain it as long as they come across as strong in their subsequent actions.

I wish I could listen on the discussions.

MUFC: What fee would be required to release Mr Ashworth from his contract?

NUFC: There is a reason you want to maintain cordial relationships with your fellow teams, so reasonable business can be conducted. Does Jesse Lingard ring a bell?

3 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Rat cunt Ashworth like. Hope he's stuck on gardening leave until 2026.

Nah - stick on leave until June/July when it's too late for him to get anything serious done for the window and pocket the 15 million.

2 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

IMG_5997.thumb.jpeg.d8aef73f1a9138ce3e1b9e30c886f675.jpeg

IMG_5998.thumb.jpeg.9e04ce8ebff049e200fa6400d529802f.jpeg

February 15th: Ashworth is great, he has details of every player in his laptop.

February 18th: Ashworth’s computer and scouting access is blocked.

£15mil sound way too cheap - I think under no circumstances should he be available for Man Us summer transfer window.

3 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

IMG_5997.thumb.jpeg.d8aef73f1a9138ce3e1b9e30c886f675.jpeg

IMG_5998.thumb.jpeg.9e04ce8ebff049e200fa6400d529802f.jpeg

February 15th: Ashworth is great, he has details of every player in his laptop.

February 18th: Ashworth’s computer and scouting access is blocked.

Re the Henry Winter Post, does he think Ashworth has stayed up late at night building up his own date base or its paid for from an independent supplier and is probably available to others that can afford it?

Just now, madras said:

Re the Henry Winter Post, does he think Ashworth has stayed up late at night building up his own date base or its paid for from an independent supplier and is probably available to others that can afford it?

He probably installed Football Manager with a huge database.

1 minute ago, madras said:

I thought exactly the same. Winter said that like no other director of football or whatever could POSSIBLY have that, whereas actually, everyone who plays FM does.

It's a much more complicated job than just firing up some 'GREATPLAYAZ' database. The likes of Henry Winter are still in awe of things that became largely normalised years ago.

2 hours ago, Disco said:

Hard to imagine he’s not had the OK that Man Utd will pay up. He’ll know what’s he signed unless he’s trying to pull fast one.

According to the mail Newcastle will still have to pay his wages when on gardening leaving - so he's nought to loose.

It is thought Man United are willing to be patient and wait for Ashworth if a compromise cannot be reached, and that would mean Newcastle paying his wages for the duration of his gardening leave.

Just now, duo said:

According to the mail Newcastle will still have to pay his wages when on gardening leaving - so he's nought to loose.

I'm OK with that. He has nowt to lose financially but there's more to it than that.

I do hope this isn’t indicative of some further issues with the running of the football side of the club. If it is I hope it’s quickly identified and resolved. 

Does seem odd of him to want to go. Surely we could match the salary offered by Manchester. 

Just now, Lotus said:

I do hope this isn’t indicative of some further issues with the running of the football side of the club. If it is I hope it’s quickly identified and resolved. 

Does seem odd of him to want to go. Surely we could match the salary offered by Manchester. 

He's probably just looking at all the blocks being put in our way that wont be there.

FFP having bite and putting ceilings on teams may have been a factor here much like most clubs there is a limit to what can be done. As much as I hate it the commercial reach of man u does mean he has more scope to play with. Also while he is a project building sort of role he seems to be happy to jump ship. Guess we won't ever find out can't imagine it's just a case of we want you Dan and will pay you more over here.