Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

With Ashworth being the highest paid Director of football in the PL on 1.5 million, I don’t think we’ll be short of candidates to replace him.

Putting aside all the hyperbole around him, I think he’s going to be a big loss in the short term, not sure how many Directors of football have the all round skill set he seemed to bring, which is why the mancs clearly want him.

Just now, Whitley mag said:

With Ashworth being the highest paid Director of football in the PL on 1.5 million, I don’t think we’ll be short of candidates to replace him.

Putting aside all the hyperbole around him, I think he’s going to be a big loss in the short term, not sure how many Directors of football have the all round skill set he seemed to bring, which is why the mancs clearly want him.

Where is Ashworth being the highest paid from ? I’d be amazed if that is true.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Genuinely surprised at that.

I think to be honest this is why Man U will attempt to call our bluff with gardening leave, we won’t want to be paying that for long whilst he’s doing nowt, regardless of how much we all want the club to shaft the manc cunts.

Nah, we’ll not be lowering our demands. The longer they try to play us, the more they’ll have to pay in terms of compensation and covering his gardening leave wages. Also need to add in some extra costs for wasting our time due to Lingard. 

At this point, our focus is on finding the best replacement. Our second focus is stopping Man U from getting Ashworth before September unless they pay £20m. The slugs with their pathetic fans going on about needing to know our place in the food chain. Let’s come back to that in ten year’s time you fucking idiots 

Love to be a fly on the wall when Man U start to try and negotiate a price for compensation mind. Imagine trying to drive a hard bargain with Yasir, imagine how many people he's chewed up and spat out (not literally) over the course of his time doing deals with anyone and everyone. Hard as iron wouldn't even come close, especially considering they're having to ask us to do them a favour

1 minute ago, midds said:

Love to be a fly on the wall when Man U start to try and negotiate a price for compensation mind. Imagine trying to drive a hard bargain with Yasir, imagine how many people he's chewed up and spat out (not literally) over the course of his time doing deals with anyone and everyone. Hard as iron wouldn't even come close, especially considering they're having to ask us to do them a favour

I suppose the USPGA can attest to that.

11 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I think to be honest this is why Man U will attempt to call our bluff with gardening leave, we won’t want to be paying that for long whilst he’s doing nowt, regardless of how much we all want the club to shaft the manc cunts.

Whatever they pay in compensation will far outweigh what we have to pay Ashworth while he's gardening. So it makes no difference really, the longer he sits there doing fuck all, we can still get another DoF in but Man U will be waiting for him. We hold all the cards with this deal unfortunately for them.

28 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I can’t say I’m arsed about him leaving. But really don’t agree with that middle paragraph. 

His first summer was gold. Pope, Botman and Isak. Targett made permanent was a no brainer (at the time). Been plagued by injuries/Howe wanting Burn for his system, since. 

Gordon in the January. Which took a while to come good. But fuck me, he’s been our best player by miles this season. 

Last summer was three great buys, IMO. Tino, Tonali and Barnes were all players we needed. With perhaps the former maybe being a ‘too good to turn down’ kind of deal. But either way, he has looked very impressive when given a chance and has age on his side. Hall is the only real head scratcher, IMO.

You can use hindsight to say the windows have been disappointing because players have been unavailable and perhaps we did neglect certain areas. But it wasn’t like we were gambling (Tonali, cough) massively on players with patchy fitness records with those that we got in. Just genuine hard luck or something within the club that has been set up incorrectly (Ashworth and Howe to take some blame here, if so). 

But then we have also seen that FFP is a genuine issue, by all accounts and not just for ourselves. So we must have been hamstrung by that and you’re never going to please everyone or get as many in as you’d have liked. 

I guess you could argue about how much input he has actually had with those signings. But then that works both ways. Whether you think they’re good or bad buys. 

Re: the first window, weren't Isak and Botman already on the club's radar prior to him starting? I think Pope may have signed before he started too? 

Gordon was a good signing, but otherwise the two January windows were obviously very quiet. 

As for last summer, good signings individually (Hall excluded?) but as has been done to death on here, we were left weak in positions a lot of us would have liked to have seen strengthened (RW + CF in particular) in exchange for bringing in youth. 

Wonder why Ashworth wants to leave? I know Man U are a bigger club than us but will they still be in the next 5-10 years?

Obviously FFP will have a lot to do with it I guess. 

Can’t complain. We did to Brighton what manu are doing to us, moving up the food chain. Hope he gets called into the Saudi embassy to explain himself though. 

10 minutes ago, mofo said:

Wonder why Ashworth wants to leave? I know Man U are a bigger club than us but will they still be in the next 5-10 years?

Obviously FFP will have a lot to do with it I guess. 

He thinks he'll bump into Charlie "big knockers" Dimmock in Dobbies.

She's a fat fucker now you daft cunt.

It's great seeing all the Man U pricks getting riled because they feel everyone should just let them do what they want. We have to keep strong even if it means he serves all his gardening leave and then joins those cunts for free.

I can't say he's been a waste of time, as I don't know what work has went on in the background. The two areas we do know that he is involved with (recruitment and medical) have not been too impressive mind. Either we get the money we have put on him or he's left to sit on his arse. I hope for his sake he's renewed his Netflix account. 

Edited by et tu brute