Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Just reading up on him a bit so this has probably been pored over already... but trying to claim public funding when he saves himself £4billion in taxes by basing himself in Monaco. :lol: What a turd. 

Wonder if anyone within the media will point this out? I think we all know the answer to that one.

Trying to claim it’s part of ‘levelling up the north’ etc. Manchester already gets way too much funding on that score, and have they not already had a stadium built with public funding? City’s former Commenwealth Games stadium?

Meanwhile we’re sitting up here getting crumbs.

5 minutes ago, NUFC_Chris said:

Trying to claim it’s part of ‘levelling up the north’ etc. Manchester already gets way too much funding on that score, and have they not already had a stadium built with public funding? City’s former Commenwealth Games stadium?

Meanwhile we’re sitting up here getting crumbs.

Its lifting like. 

He's just a posh Mike Ashley. 

It's great because the public nature of this saga has effectively backed Ratcliffe & co into a corner - they have no leverage, and have made their intentions (too) clear, and the fan base is effectively already celebrating Ashworth's on-boarding.

We should gut them for all its worth. Nothing personal against Ratcliffe, just good business.

8 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

It's great because the public nature of this saga has effectively backed Ratcliffe & co into a corner - they have no leverage, and have made their intentions (too) clear, and the fan base is effectively already celebrating Ashworth's on-boarding.

We should gut them for all its worth. Nothing personal against Ratcliffe, just good business.

Wondering what Dan is thinking. Jimbo Ratface has probably been telling him for months that he would sort it out with us, then 2 seconds into acquiring his stake in the club he tells the public that he wont buy him out of his gardening leave

Just now, jackyboy said:

I get the impression that Ratccliffe thinks his wealth can steamroller through everything and everyone. He could finish up doing more harm than good to Man U

All the glory hunters they've accumulated over the years will lap up every second of this, thinking they'll be winning titles etc...because he isn't a glazer. The longer in the tooth fans will be asking themselves why is he coming in like this, and what good does it do? They'll also be waiting to see actions and results before spouting off 'we're back' and calling other teams small clubs for protecting their assets.

3 minutes ago, BergenMagpie said:

Wondering what Dan is thinking. Jimbo Ratface has probably been telling him for months that he would sort it out with us, then 2 seconds into acquiring his stake in the club he tells the public that he wont buy him out of his gardening leave

Hopefully this Ashworth for a while

Garden.PNG

39 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

It’s no different to the traditional Man U transfer strategy of really publicly pursuing a player and then having to pay massively over the odds in order not to lose face. 

It's Man Utd. Next year they'll do well, second year they'll pivot, third year the glazers scarves will be out in full strength again. The glazers have pulled off an absolute blinder with this. Essentially still a majority share holder - let some new guy be the whipping boy and just collect money whilst he has the hassle of running the club. Fair fucks to them.

Aye, they’ve just bought themselves another few years without major aggro coming their way I’d say. Either Man U go on a bit of a resurgence (it won’t last) or Ratcliffe just becomes the fall guy for everything that goes wrong. I think things will continue to go poorly there. The only solution for Man U was getting rid of the Glazers. That was their only way back. Now, they have the Glazers and a new leech as well. Fairly ominous 

8 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

Being paid but not having to turn up to work for 18 months doesn’t sound much like rotting, to me :lol: 

😂 Suppose if you’re at that level in any industry and been out of work for 18 months potential employers may be hesitant as you’ve been away from the action for so long, may affect his career long term.

15 minutes ago, Menace said:

It's Man Utd. Next year they'll do well, second year they'll pivot, third year the glazers scarves will be out in full strength again. The glazers have pulled off an absolute blinder with this. Essentially still a majority share holder - let some new guy be the whipping boy and just collect money whilst he has the hassle of running the club. Fair fucks to them.

I'm just surprised someone with Sir Jim Ratshit's riches was prepared to accept a minority holding in a company owned by such clear and undisputed cunts. It's not like he's become the owner, he's still just a shareholder at the end of the day. I guess he's in his 70's, maybe he feels it's now or never to get some public glory. Maybe his family are all shitbags and he'd rather splurge his money on some football glory than on them.

This rsole was one of brexit's leading advocates/impostors; he went into tax exile in Monaco just in time for out formal departure. 

A supporter of Chelsea and ManU, he certainly has a track record of split loyalties.

Sadly this multi billionaire grifter - in the way they usually do - has massive influence over this shitstain government and a few handy friends in the Labour ranks too. Flying the flag for Manchester, London from Monaco.

I have to admit I didn’t know much about him before, only recently because of his interest in Manchester United.

I sense he is perfect for their sheer arrogance and entitlement, I actually think they'll continue to fail, there's no quick fix for them.

2/3 seasons? I'd honestly say 10 seasons won't change a thing, nothing they themselves do anyway.

It would more likely take the rivals he mentions to both completely collapse on a dramatic scale.

2 hours ago, Upthemags said:

For me it is personal.

image.thumb.gif.86054ad52353be6cc71661d6f6b2e22c.gif

Was watching Loaded Mag NUFC on youtube yesterday and some guest called Specks from Geordie Dredd TV raised a very good point:

Basically us landing Dan Ashworth as a DoF has been a total waste of time.

A DoF is a long term appointment, like Howe already said in his press conference. In hindsight we would have been better off going for someone who was committed for the long haul and would be building us for the next 5 years. Now we are starting all over again.

I'm sure Dan will have put some good work in place, but you are left with doubts about his intentions, and whether he was a snidey cunt all along.

11 minutes ago, TRon said:

Was watching Loaded Mag NUFC on youtube yesterday and some guest called Specks from Geordie Dredd TV raised a very good point:

A DoF is a long term appointment, like Howe already said in his press conference. In hindsight we would have been better off going for someone who was committed for the long haul and would be building us for the next 5 years. Now we are starting all over again.

I'm sure Dan will have put some good work in place, but you are left with doubts about his intentions, and whether he was a snidey cunt all along.

I'd guess he's started making certain aspects of the club more professional and someone can come in and keep it going plus we make a nice profit for FFP. Then its been worth it 

I'm surprised Dan let his head be turned like this. He should have known PIF wouldn't let him go easily.

If Ratface n dan had any sense they should have approached NUFC first so at least there would be negotiations. 

Now we will not release him from his contract will Manure still want him??

Biggest loser is Dan the Garden Man - He deserves it for underestimating his employers!

Whichever way it goes it shows a major lack of business sense from Garden Dan and Manure are welcome to him. 

24 minutes ago, TRon said:

These things happen with senior level recruitment, particularly when you've got new owners doing a massive turnaround on what was a moribund NUFC. There could be many perfectly acceptable reasons why it hasn't worked out for Ashworth here. And added to that, DoF at Man Utd is without question a bigger job.

But it's the way Ashworth has handled his exit that shows that he's definitely a snidey little cunt.

His move was leaked for weeks and then he's finally resigned hoping he can just null and void the clauses in his contract.

And now his potential new boss is having a toddler tantrum all over the press about how unfair it is Ashworth can't just null and void the clauses in his contract.

What a pair of snidey cunts.

Edited by bobbydazzla

I said that man utd would promise him daft money to get him. They always do but it must be a hell of a lot if the rumours of his contract being bought out would cost 20 million +. Greedy fucker is Dan Dan the gardening man.