Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

JP

Just picked my 'initial' team earlier, and was umming and ahhing over Wilson or Isak, with 0.5m difference in price.

Went with Isak initially, but just seen the forest goals again from first game of last season, and they state "Wilson scores on the opening weekend for the 3rd season running", so now debating whether to go Wilson instead. 

Already got two other NUFC players in, so cant really go for both of them. :icon_scratch:

Edited by TK-421

8 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Just picked my 'initial' team earlier, and was umming and ahhing over Wilson or Isak, with 0.5m difference in price.

Went with Isak initially, but just seen the forest goals again from first game of last season, and they state "Wilson scores on the opening weekend for the 3rd season running", so now debating whether to go Wilson instead. 

Already got two other NUFC players in, so cant really go for both of them. :icon_scratch:

I’d be surprised if Wilson starts this weekend 

5 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Spunked all my money on a strong first 11 so all my subs are all cheap as fuck. Hello Luton defenders and midfielders I've never heard of.

Haha, aye, same. Hope I never need me bench!

There are a few really cheap potential starts out there, just don't know enough about who's going to play and when. 

I tend to just pick a team based on the first 6 fixtures and then try to adapt after that. 

Kane is a right bastard for not staying or going yet, could be a very cheeky selection if he stays and people don't take him. 

11 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

There are a few really cheap potential starts out there, just don't know enough about who's going to play and when. 

I tend to just pick a team based on the first 6 fixtures and then try to adapt after that. 

Kane is a right bastard for not staying or going yet, could be a very cheeky selection if he stays and people don't take him. 

Hadn't considered him at all since launch. He's now in!

Think it looks decent, personally I'm avoiding NUFC players til 5 or 6 games in and Bruno wouldn't get near my side regardless unless we start seeing him playing further forward.

I've also avoided Liverpool altogether for now as there is too much rotation risk for players who might return other than Trent and Salah who are too expensive for me. 

It's personal taste I suppose but to me your bench looks too strong, if you were to put a one or two cheap likely starters in instead then that would free up some cash to spend elsewhere. 

This is my side for now, might tweak slightly but not by a great deal. 

Screenshot_20230809_113540_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.c35f0308d78ab4d031c2ecaae6eac797.jpg

Edit - should say it's very "template" :lol: sort of by design as I'll see how the popular choices perform then make more differential moves later. 

Edited by Interpolic

I think TAA is worth having due to him basically playing in midfield. Avoided Newcastle players because of our start aside from Trippier. Im Arsenal midfield heavy, with Martinelli, Saka and Havertz in my 5 man midfield, but their start is too tempting. Worth researching the bargain players who get minutes for their clubs too.  Luton have a few bargain options but no fixture in GW2,

:thup: TAA was in my draft for ages but swapping him for Shaw gives me £2.5m to make the midfield really strong which was too tempting.

I'm mainly not that happy with Watkins as my second striker but he seems the best bet at that price tbh. Joao Pedro and Colwill are vague punts as well because we might see their minutes challenged, we'll see. 

Edited by Interpolic

Final draft, not bothering with the Bench Boost now. Getting McTominay based on him likely to be at West Ham within a week or two and £5m for a starting West Ham midfielder will be cheap. Botman swapped in the starting XI for Mings too. 

Screenshot_20230809-114424.png

Edited by Optimistic Nut

52 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

:thup: TAA was in my draft for ages but swapping him for Shaw gives me £2.5m to make the midfield really strong which was too tempting.

I'm mainly not that happy with Watkins as my second striker but he seems the best bet at that price tbh. Joao Pedro and Colwill are vague punts as well because we might see their minutes challenged, we'll see. 

I'm torn between either Pedro or DCL at the minute, as my third striker.

I'd assume DCL will get more minutes but Pedro looks to be on pens for Brighton and they seem to get loads of them.

Got loads of ideas for possible picks, so many cheeky punts around. But have to restrain myself because half of them won't do anything. 

Wish it was easier to run two teams at the same time in the official app, then I'd create a random lads team.  

5 hours ago, Interpolic said:

Think it looks decent, personally I'm avoiding NUFC players til 5 or 6 games in and Bruno wouldn't get near my side regardless unless we start seeing him playing further forward.

I've also avoided Liverpool altogether for now as there is too much rotation risk for players who might return other than Trent and Salah who are too expensive for me. 

It's personal taste I suppose but to me your bench looks too strong, if you were to put a one or two cheap likely starters in instead then that would free up some cash to spend elsewhere. 

Aye, had a fiddle which included swapping Bruno for Anderson, either he'll force his way into the team or be used to cover injury and I'll look a genius for having a useful 4.5 midfieler or he'll just sit on my bench and free up cash elsewhere.