Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

JP

16 hours ago, Interpolic said:

A double game week would have a higher upside. I'm not that keen on using it on players from 8 teams that are mostly shit, where I don't have much faith in any of them returning much. 

Hmm. If I ignore all other factors, surely taking a player from 0 to 1 game instead of 1 to 2 games is the same? 1 to 2 games also has the increased chance of rotation/earlier sub. Right now I have 5 players playing next GW, I'm sure I will have more players naturally in my team on a double later, players who I would also want to keep anyways.

I think it's fine to use it in both cases, depending on current team. I used my wildcard in january, so yeah, either I have to go with 6-7 players, or I have to take hits only to be stuck with players from those mostly shit teams after. In my case I will need to use it imo.

Edited by Erikse

16 minutes ago, Pablo123 said:

Are you autistic?

This was too complicated for you to understand, so he must be autistic? What kind of question is that

Edited by Erikse

41 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Hmm. If I ignore all other factors, surely taking a player from 0 to 1 game instead of 1 to 2 games is the same? 1 to 2 games also has the increased chance of rotation/earlier sub. Right now I have 5 players playing next GW, I'm sure I will have more players naturally in my team on a double later, players who I would also want to keep anyways.

I think it's fine to use it in both cases, depending on current team. I used my wildcard in january, so yeah, either I have to go with 6-7 players, or I have to take hits only to be stuck with players from those mostly shit teams after. In my case I will need to use it imo.

Yeah there's no right answer, I was responding to someone asking why anyone wouldn't FH that week. I think I'll not bother as I'm doing pretty crap this year anyway and it feels a bit boring. 

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Agreed.

But there is an upside to 29.A freehit would beat the non-free hitters by 12-30 points considering a lot will be taking hits.

The doubles in 34 and 37 have mostly better teams, so you would want those picks anyway. 

If you don't free hit. You're probably taking -4/-8 for 29 and then wildcarding 31, maybe taking a hit or 2 for 34.

If you freehit you might be able to delay the wildcard until closer to 34. Taking less hits on the way.

This is all fair. I dont think the upside on FH29 is 30 points thought.

Predicting the games I think its a low scoring week, and anyone free hitting is probably trippling up on Spurs with a tough away game and Brentford with one FPL asset who everyone will have anyway.

Burnley 0-2 Brentford

West Ham 1-2 Villa

Fulham 1-2 Spurs

Luton 1-1 Forest 

7 minutes ago, TRC said:

This is all fair. I dont think the upside on FH29 is 30 points thought.

Predicting the games I think its a low scoring week, and anyone free hitting is probably trippling up on Spurs with a tough away game and Brentford with one FPL asset who everyone will have anyway.

Burnley 0-2 Brentford

West Ham 1-2 Villa

Fulham 1-2 Spurs

Luton 1-1 Forest 

I'm taking into consideration hits from other players. But aye I think 30 would need a mini-haul from a lesser owned player.  Maddison could do that. A Pau Torres goal perhaps. Bowen brace etc.

Also I feel it's slightly against the grain (with engaged players) which has upside alone. 

I might not do it myself. But I'm thinking about it.

Edited by The College Dropout

19 hours ago, Erikse said:

This was too complicated for you to understand, so he must be autistic? What kind of question is that

A straight forward, genuine question. I'm autistic, and can usually tell. I might be wrong. Sorry if my bluntness annoyed you, I didn't mean to.

2 hours ago, Pablo123 said:

A straight forward, genuine question. I'm autistic, and can usually tell. I might be wrong. Sorry if my bluntness annoyed you, I didn't mean to.

No worries, was a misunderstanding. I can't speak for TCD, but I know several people who would plan and think about the game like what he was saying in that post.

I've took a massive risk this week, its either double or half my rank after this. Goodbye Erling, Foden and Ake.

22 minutes ago, TRC said:

I've took a massive risk this week, it'seither double or half my rank after this. Goodbye Erling, Foden and Ake.

Same here!!! Zero Liverpool or City and only Saka and Gabriel from Arsenal. 

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Captain Solanke going well

Ironically you could hope for him to fail, despite him being your captain. Nearly everyone has captained him, and some has him as tripple. Unless you're one of those who trippled him.

Edited by Erikse

Went tripple Bournemouth though. 4 players including my captain has given me 5 points.:lol: Garnacho who is on my bench got 9 points.

Edited by Erikse

53 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I mean, you’re never going to be able to predict the one week that Solanke does well. That’s the nature of these players, they score very sporadically. 

He's got two fixtures though, hence why I've captained.

Yesterday I got 6 points and moved up in the N-O league. :lol: Today I have 15 points with Dubravka, Gordon, and Palmer to play. 

So far none of my players have more than 2 points, including the captain. :lol: Gearing up as my all time worst week in FPL. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Yesterday I got 6 points and moved up in the N-O league. :lol: Today I have 15 points with Dubravka, Gordon, and Palmer to play. 

So far none of my players have more than 2 points, including the captain. :lol: Gearing up as my all time worst week in FPL. 

There will be a few in similar boats I'd imagine.

Well after a shaky Saturday I'm declaring my wildcard a sort of a success!

Maddison and Son hauled.

Usual City and Liverpool assets blanked bar KdB. 

Still got five players to go in the Bournemouth Luton game. And all set up for next week.

Gamble on West Ham failed, toyed between Fernandes and Bowen for captain and picked the wrong one. Otherwise Onana, White and Udogie doing favours.

Pretty rough week to freehit in now. Luton, Forest look terrible. Villa vs West Ham with no centre mid for Villa is tough.