Nick Pope

Rich

48 minutes ago, McDog said:

I don't believe it was but only the Pope knows. Looked to me like hhe fell and lost his mind for a second and pulled it in.

If he pulls it in it's international Sherley? 

4 minutes ago, STM said:

Let's be mature about it. It was a sending off. [emoji38]

Honestly, I like a bit of bias as much as the next guy but fuck me.[emoji38]

Do remember the ‘You’re the Ref!’ strips from comics and newspapers?

Some of the lads on here would give some cracking answers :) 

2 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

It's stupid especially now its concluded and we know the finalists, I'm sure Man Utd wouldn't argue us using Dubravka, it's just a shitty rule.

I reckon they would like :lol:

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, Stifler said:

So we fucking should, and then appeal the appeal if it goes against us.

Should go all at them, lawyers etc to put pressure on referee’s now. The standard is fucking shocking.

Don’t be daft :lol: lawyers ffs

Not a good move like. It almost looked instinctive, like he forgot he wasn't in the box. A silly, silly mistake but he's still the best keeper we've had in a long time.

Sorry if I've missed this, but who is likely for the final? I assume Karius?

Edited by Guybrush

Just now, Kanji said:

Irrespective of defender even with goalie ball and attacker?

It's clearly a goalscoring opportunity because Salah has pretty much an open goal and even if Longstaff got back he can't use his hands

9 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Longstaff is slightly past Pope if not beyond him, so wouldn’t he be last man and the red is only for last man? 

Normally the keeper is not included in the ‘last man’ conversation - for an example, see Cieran Clark’s sending off vs Norwich last season.  The last outfield defender is the last man, as normally the keeper still needs to be beaten.  But Pope was beaten and committed a deliberate handball to prevent an obvious goal scoring opportunity - there being another defender between the attacker and the goal isn’t relevant in those circumstances 

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Normally the keeper is not included in the ‘last man’ conversation - for an example, see Cieran Clark’s sending off vs Norwich last season.  The last outfield defender is the last man, as normally the keeper still needs to be beaten.  But Pope was beaten and committed a deliberate handball to prevent an obvious goal scoring opportunity - there being another defender between the attacker and the goal isn’t relevant in those circumstances 

This is where I didn't explain myself very well as usual. I do not think he deliberately handled the ball to prevent a scoring opportunity but he did intentionally grab the ball when he fell on it. Still a red of course. Maybe I'm arguing semantics here and wasting everyone's time.