Nick Pope

Rich

2 hours ago, Nattfare said:

How realistic would it be to sign Christ though? Could be an upgrade on the Pope.

Thought of a funny, but decided it was bad taste.

Edited by Cronky

I fucking love him, me.

He's 10/10 aerially and a 10/10 shot stopper.

Alright, so he's like a 6/10 with his feet. That's a fair compromise IMO.

Saved us tonnes of points this season. He's entitled to the odd shaky moment.

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

He's not entitled to dally on the ball multiple times like he did yesterday. Those are truly avoidable. 

He's been the best keeper in the league this season. [emoji38] what you are asking for is perfection.

12 minutes ago, STM said:

He's been the best keeper in the league this season. [emoji38] what you are asking for is perfection.

No I am not. I am asking our goalie to not nearly get himself sent off or concede a goal for legit avoidable situations. 

Onus also needs to be on the midfield to be better in possession when playing out from the back. Wolves pressed well and they shut off the passing lanes into midfield meaning we had to go back to Pope a lot more often then we normally would. We need to be better at beating the press and playing it into the middle third and that means more movement, better touch and better passing. Playing it forward quicker and more accurately will put less pressure on Pope. It's asking a lot at times but when all of these little things eventually come together we'll be laughing.

Can't stick all of the blame on Pope and ask him to become a 3rd CB in possession, he's got enough to do. Everyone knows he's not great with the ball at his feet but he often saves shots that most keepers concede, he's more than doing his bit for the team. Now that he's made a few high profile mistakes I'd expect more teams to target him and put him under more pressure. We need, as a team, to protect him a bit and do as much as possible to work the ball up the park.

Definitely one of the top 5 goalkeepers in the league, a top class shot stopper, but I'd be surprised if he wasn't the worst keeper with the ball at his feet. We pass back to him far too often and it scares the shit out of me. He's going to get targeted more and more as well.

1 hour ago, STM said:

Whilst I agree, we should be aiming for perfection moving forward. (Not necessarily in this, Pope, case)

Edited by Heron

Was expecting a meltdown and people falling for the "injured" craic. He's been withdrawn so he can go to dubai with the lads, same as Schar.

It's different with Botman/Isak, they are young and only starting their international career, neither Schar or Pope are first choice.