Nick Pope

Rich

Such a shame for him and also a big blow to our chances of lifting the cup. 

Genuinely said to a few mates earlier. He hasn’t put a foot wrong for us all season. So knowing our luck, the mistake will come in our game later. Didn’t think it would be that big of a howler when it finally arrived, mind. 

Still absolutely class and one of the best in the league. Him playing high and sweeping up is massive for us. So I hope it doesn’t dent his confidence too much. 

He's had a quality season and he has been great in goal for us and made some big saves, silly moment tonight, should have just hoofed it out the ground, but he made a mistake, he'll be back in 4 games' time, and he can stand tall in that goal again!

1 minute ago, OoOGazOoO said:

He's had a quality season and he has been great in goal for us and made some big saves, silly moment tonight, should have just hoofed it out the ground, but he made a mistake, he'll be back in 4 games' time, and he can stand tall in that goal again!

It’s a 1 match suspension, what do people not understand?

3 minutes ago, RS said:

Sounds like we are going to appeal. Not last man etc. 

So we fucking should, and then appeal the appeal if it goes against us.

Should go all at them, lawyers etc to put pressure on referee’s now. The standard is fucking shocking.

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

I don’t think he did it on purpose like. I think slipped, tried to header it, and reached out his arms as he fell down. I don’t think the intention was ever to catch the ball.

I hope Eddie uses that argument.  It’s patently wrong, but someone might fall for it ;) 

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I don’t think he did it on purpose like. I think slipped, tried to header it, and reached out his arms as he fell down. I don’t think the intention was ever to catch the ball.

Nah. For me he slipped/mistimed the header, and used his arm to stop the ball out of instinct after making the initial mistake.