Nick Pope

Rich

8 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Poor bugger must be really feeling it. Bloke I know son’s got a ticket the other day from Longstaff (they’re friends) as Pope had given him 2 of his he didn’t need anymore. 

Pope’s cousin lives round the corner from me. See him yesterday in the gym. He’s not going on Sunday. But he has been to about 70-80% of our games this season. Along with his old man and brother. 

Maybe they were the tickets :lol: 

On 19/02/2023 at 09:58, Superior Acuña said:

this happens at the end of the game outside the box and the fouled team get almost no benefit - like us v Brighton last season. Probably other teams get more benefit by the player being suspended. 

I would have made it so a player who is sent off misses the next game against that opponent. 

8 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I would have made it so a player who is sent off misses the next game against that opponent. 

Something like that makes sense but gets complex for multi game bans, relegation etc.  

Something is rotten and its bit us twice (nearly).  The Southampton game in the first leg the player gets sent off.  He could have played the 2nd leg as the suspension was in the league*.  Now Pope the opposite happens.  Both times we get the disadvantage of losing a player or the player being able to play us in the cup.  Our luck as always seems rotten.

* it turned out they didn't chose to play him but they could have

On 19/02/2023 at 23:21, joeyt said:

Didn't realise Darlow hasn't played a minute for Hull either.

What a shitshow

Which for me stands as proof that he’s no better that what’s left behind.  In fact, I know Darlow isn’t up to it - at least with Karius there is the hope from ignorance. 

45 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Which for me stands as proof that he’s no better that what’s left behind.  In fact, I know Darlow isn’t up to it - at least with Karius there is the hope from ignorance. 

Didn’t it seem like it was nailed on that Karius would be leaving? Then he was extended and Darlow was loaned out? 

Might just be from a financial point of view. But it could also be that Howe thinks Karius has a chance to be the number 3 or possibly even 2, longer term. 

54 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

:thup: Maybe an insane take for a Cup final but considering the known, shit quantity that Darlow is, I'd much prefer to go with the unknown quantity that promised to be a good 'keeper if he could sort out his brainfarts.

1 hour ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Something like that makes sense but gets complex for multi game bans, relegation etc.

If it's a three game ban, the player is banned for the next two games, his third is served vs the team he was sent off against. If he's relegated or sold, he's still banned whenever he faces that club. 

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

If it's a three game ban, the player is banned for the next two games, his third is served vs the team he was sent off against. If he's relegated or sold, he's still banned whenever he faces that club. 

What if he never faces that club again?

Just me or could he have done better leading up to the second? Trippier getting the blame for giving the ball away, but Pope seemed to wait an age for the ball to come to him before playing it out wide when he was being closed down rather than meeting it and clearing, meaning City had a bit more time to press us wide and win the ball back.

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Just me or could he have done better leading up to the second? Trippier getting the blame for giving the ball away, but Pope seemed to wait an age for the ball to come to him before playing it out wide when he was being closed down rather than meeting it and clearing, meaning City had a bit more time to press us wide and win the ball back.

It's a tough one. Lascelles does well to ensure that Bernardo either has to take the shot, or try to lay off Foden who was free. Looked like he was caught in two minds, if he commits earlier he saves it, but he's caught a little flat footed. Thought he expected Bernardo to make a pass rather than take a shot. 

Just now, Ste said:

It's a tough one. Lascelles does well to ensure that Bernardo either has to take the shot, or try to lay off Foden who was free. Looked like he was caught in two minds, if he commits earlier he saves it, but he's caught a little flat footed. Thought he expected Bernardo to make a pass rather than take a shot. 

I meant for the ball out to Trippier sorry. Haaland was closing him down and rather than come to meet the ball, he let it roll back pretty much to his 6-yard box and by that time the only place he could play it was to Trippier and City were on it. 

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I meant for the ball out to Trippier sorry. Haaland was closing him down and rather than come to meet the ball, he let it roll back pretty much to his 6-yard box and by that time the only place he could play it was to Trippier and City were on it. 

Ah, my bad mate. Yeah, I agree with that.

5 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think I've made this up. :lol:

I'm sure the ball was rolling back to him and took an age when he didn't have to.

He did take a while from what I remember but Willock then heads it to Trippier who instead of launching it forward tries to play a pass to Trippier but it goes to Gundogan I think and then they break