Nick Pope

Rich

I always kind of assumed he'd not be back this season tbh, as we'd only have a couple of games left at the point of his return, and they'd not want to risk him, especially if we have little to play for.

I never really saw the point in bringing him back in "late April", which iirc was the club's best case scenario not any real concrete expectation.

In any case, why bring him back for the last four games of the season and rush all his rehab etc. Makes more sense to me to just focus on having him fit for pre season.

I mean, I know we're shit without him, but that ship will have sailed anyway by "late April".

It kept getting pushed back much like updates on barnes returning to grass months later we finally see him following "set backs".

While what Howe says in pressers can't be taken as gospel we originally heard rumour of March then a confirmation he was back on the grass but not doing diving now this them rumour was April then late April now it's season over.... 

Seems like if and when they do a medical review of this shit show of a season for injuries rehabilitation and bringing people back needs to be up their with earlier diagnosis. 

He's a big miss and as tight as 6th to 10th still is a fit nick pope adds points or higher chance of points when he is in the side could make the difference as we run out of defenders. 

Edited by nufcjmc

https://x.com/craighope_dm/status/1775077583706599917?s=46

Hope: 

Lewis Miley has another scan this wk but looks like bone bruising on back & not more serious. Could feature in final few games but won’t be rushed

Nick Pope on track to return before end of season & make late push for Euros

Can we please relegate Joel Bland to the bin? Bloke has got more things wrong than I’ve had hot dinners 

Edited by Jack27

9 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Last 5 games of the season, I'm told. 

Given our permanent state of vulnerability with Dubravka in goal, even having Pope just for a few games could make a huge difference to the season - especially seeing as the last few games are so winnable. 

I'm presuming he can at least do some fitness work, while he builds his shoulder back up, which should save some time.

As soon as that shoulder has had some workload testing, he should be good to go.

17 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Given our permanent state of vulnerability with Dubravka in goal, even having Pope just for a few games could make a huge difference to the season - especially seeing as the last few games are so winnable. 

Yep.  Possibly a bit extreme to say, but it could be the difference between Europe or not.  Especially when you consider how many games we seem to be conceding 3 or more since Pope went down.  Not all Dubravka's fault, of course.  But he hardly inspires confidence.   

I just hope if he does come back.  He is sharp enough to do himself justice.  The way he plays, it's split second decisions deciding whether to come or not.  It feels like it has the potential for us to see some absolute howlers :lol: 

Yeah alright Joel, let’s just pretend you never said that then. Same guy said Wilson wanted to leave and was purposefully slowing his rehab to spite the club and then he massively backtracked on that. 

I'm sure he used to get early team news spot on earlier this season or last.  Then stopped for whatever reason. 

Like others have said.  He now just seems to be chucking rumours out there as fact and then massively back tracking when proven to be BS or he's called out. 

Is this Bland cunt an actual journalist or just some twitter nobody? Because if he's the latter, I might concider a ban on posting his shite in anything but the twitter bullshit thread.