Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I know, like I said I don’t want to compare fans. But since we were talking about loyalty I wanted to highlight the strangeness of our current situation. 

As a foreigner I may have to abstain from the overall discussion because I don’t have access to season tickets, and I’m not looking for tickets every other weekend. But I will always stand tall for my love of this club. A huge part of me would argue that strongly supporting this club from just about 4500 miles away for the last 20 years gives me a bit of this imaginary loyalty. What does a “better fan” deserve that I don’t?

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

You wrote the “benefit” in your opening paragraph. 

Not relevant now though.

I'd lost interest, rarely watched on TV, never bought kit or did tours, never used Mine bar.

That's all changed 🤷‍♂️

14 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Away fans in the home stands, in this argument, has to be an absolute straw man right? A dude and his son, coming all the way up from London, spending whatever that costs travel wise, a night’s accommodations, food, spending 35 a piece for each membership, 75 a piece for a ticket, just to stand next to y’all in SJP to watch Chelsea or whoever? I don’t buy it. 

Replace bloke and son with die hard away followers of one of the bigger clubs. 100% this happens. There was a game a few years back under Ashley where I think it was Liverpool fans and there were lots of issues. 

These wankers puffing their chests up and elevating their fandom to levels above others because they've been to more games 😂😂😂

Probably the same ones manking on about signage font, lack of galactico signings whilst watching games they're not attending on their IPTV sat in their DHGate snides. 

Tory Britain 😉

5 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

As a foreigner I may have to abstain from the overall discussion because I don’t have access to season tickets, and I’m not looking for tickets every other weekend. But I will always stand tall for my love of this club. A huge part of me would argue that strongly supporting this club from just about 4500 miles away for the last 20 years gives me a bit of this imaginary loyalty. What does a “better fan” deserve that I don’t?

Bear in mind there is International membership 👍🏻

The way this threads going it won't be long before there is a shout for all those who went under ashley to be banned

Ironic really considering the people who own us now

Yet everyone wants to go now

😃

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I personally don't like football enough to warrant paying £74, I'd rather watch on IPTV or the pub if on Sky / TNT. The fact that you can't choose is mental.

I can go to 10 Whitley games for that price. It's just hard to justify on my budget tbh.

I think it's really wise to try and steer away from this more loyal / better fan argument. It can only be divisive and I think it allows the club to ignore the core issue if we're all at each others throats.

Focus needs to be on the random seat allocation and inability to choose price outside of a large range. It seems the fanbase can mainly agree there and if it can keep pushing the matter with the club via social media, supporters groups, etc then there's a hope of a positive outcome. Once the in-fighting starts the focus is lost and we all bicker amongst ourselves and the club moves on. 

4 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Replace bloke and son with die hard away followers of one of the bigger clubs. 100% this happens. There was a game a few years back under Ashley where I think it was Liverpool fans and there were lots of issues. 

False equivalence. Under Ashley you could pretty much buy any ticket on general sale. 

Not now. Having a regulated membership adds even more security. 

1 minute ago, PRL said:

I think it's really wise to try and steer away from this more loyal / better fan argument. It can only be divisive and I think it allows the club to ignore the core issue if we're all at each others throats.

Focus needs to be on the random seat allocation and inability to choose price outside of a large range. It seems the fanbase can mainly agree there and if it can keep pushing the matter with the club via social media, supporters groups, etc then there's a hope of a positive outcome. Once the in-fighting starts the focus is lost and we all bicker amongst ourselves and the club moves on. 

Hopefully all active members of the trust have put forward their concerns to allow us a unified voice to go back to the club with.

I know people think they're useless, but this is the exact kind of thing they can push the club on.

11 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

False equivalence. Under Ashley you could pretty much buy any ticket on general sale. 

Not now. Having a regulated membership adds even more security. 

That's my point.  When there was no membership Liverpool fans went in the home end in mass.  Because the tickets were on general sale.

Now as least hey have the additional step of buying a membership.

Closing the sale of the memberships at the season start would make it more difficult.

36 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Nothing, that’s the most important point. 

Just in the context of access to tickets, we were discussing loyalty as a way to give easier access. 

Of course you’re right, in the general sense of the word there’s no way to judge who is the more deserving fan. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

58 minutes ago, plenum said:

I wonder what the difference is between the international versus domestic membership in terms of ticketing?

As someone who lives abroad and is part of the local supporters group socials I have a feeling international supporters groups may have access to ticket opportunities through the supporters group. May be wrong but putting 2 and 2 together. I have bought a local membership as I’m in the country for the villa game and wasn’t given enough information regarding the differences between the two. 

58 minutes ago, patrone said:

There's nothing stopping them buying a membership at any point in the season

plus there's always at least 5% on general sale anyway

Was only 500 went on general sale for home games last season. My dad was supposed to buy an extra ticket off his season ticket for a friend for the Forest game and ended up buying Athletic Bilbao by mistake. Returned the Bilbao ticket to the box office and explained his mistake and was told that they would be releasing 500 tickets to online general sale for Forest. That was the first game of last season so assume it was the same for every game.

Just now, Wallsendmag said:

Was only 500 went on general sale for home games last season. My dad was supposed to buy an extra ticket off his season ticket for a friend for the Forest game and ended up buying Athletic Bilbao by mistake. Returned the Bilbao ticket to the box office and explained his mistake and was told that they would be releasing 500 tickets to online general sale for Forest. That was the first game of last season so assume it was the same for every game.

Yeah, even when you got a queue number under 1000 you probably wouldn't get one in general sale. 

50 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Away fans in the home stands, in this argument, has to be an absolute straw man right? A dude and his son, coming all the way up from London, spending whatever that costs travel wise, a night’s accommodations, food, spending 35 a piece for each membership, 75 a piece for a ticket, just to stand next to y’all in SJP to watch Chelsea or whoever? I don’t buy it. 

Do you think that's who does this? 

5 minutes ago, patrone said:

So this "5% of total tickets has to be left for general sale" is bollocks?

It's never actually been a rule, it was a bit of a myth. It was actually at least 5% need ro be held back for match by match sales but that can include memberships. For example the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool haven't held a traditional "general sale" for years. 

Loyalty in this context is the wrong term anyway. They're not more loyal fans, but it's undeniable that some are more committed to attending matches and supporting (ie not just watching). That's all. Some conflate doing that with being a better, more loyal fan, which is wrong, but I do think those people should be rewarded for their commitment by getting first refusal on tickets based on a points system.