Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

10 minutes ago, JackieDoor said:

Ballot the week before the game and resale week of the game looks like a thing.

Load of shite.

Can't wait to see the week-notice £150 train tickets I'll be buying if I'm ever successful. :lol:

16 hours ago, Jaqen said:

My mates bought a youth ticket despite being 25. He's just going to risk it and see what they say. 

How's he managed that? It's physically impossible (I've tried it myself!) 

Assume he must have given a false date of birth when registering his account. Can't see any other way around it.

I enter every time I get an email. One day.

Did get pissed off the other day when they teased me with an email that I assumed was member of the match then realised it was for children to be a mascot. :lol:

Thousands of members unable to buy a ticket yet tickets still available in level 7. As far as I’m aware there’s no PL obligation for NUFC to have these tickets age restricted.

The enlarged family enclosure is a fall out of the Mike Ashley era, and is not fit for purpose in the current climate.

The club know demand is off the scale, yet have done nothing about this potential situation all summer.

It would be interesting to know if this situation has been raised with the club @Greg, as it’s unacceptable to have members unable to get tickets with potential empty seats in the ground.

Edited by Whitley mag

Don't think i'll be over this season at this rate. Probably going to be too short notice to do it with a week to go. Really shite situation. Might have to spunk out for hospitality. 

Edited by Decky

If I hadn’t got a grown up ticket in the resale I’d deffo be going for one of them Yoot tickets 

Just sign my 14 year old up for legit membership and then pull the trigger

Chances of a checky stopping someone on the first game of the season when digital tickets have just been introduced and it’s likely to be carnage at the turnstiles = slim to none 

Edited by bobbydazzla

25 minutes ago, Decky said:

Don't think i'll be over this season at this rate. Probably going to be too short notice to do it with a week to go. Really shite situation. Might have to spunk out for hospitality. 

I imagine/hope the time before games that the ballot takes place will lengthen as the season progresses 

3 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Thousands of members unable to buy a ticket yet tickets still available in level 7. As far as I’m aware there’s no PL obligation for NUFC to have these tickets age restricted.

The enlarged family enclosure is a fall out of the Mike Ashley era, and is not fit for purpose in the current climate.

The club know demand is off the scale, yet have done nothing about this potential situation all summer.

It would be interesting to know if this situation has been raised with the club @Greg, as it’s unacceptable to have members unable to get tickets with potential empty seats in the ground.

Been saying it for a while now. The family enclosure was increased from 500 (underneath L7) in the early-mid 2000s to stretching across the whole Milburn and even into Leazes L7 core after the singing section was disbanded. It was all about bums on seats during the dark days of Ashley.

Some kid’s STs are £86 a year. I’ve no idea how much childcare is, but £4.52 for a day at the match doesn’t seem bad at all…

I think for a ST (at the back of Leazes L7) when I started going as a kid in 2001 was at least double or maybe even 3x as much as what kids in the family enclosure pay now. For a Club so focused on increasing income - it’s bizarre this hasn’t been flagged/discussed more openly. 

Edited by TheGuv

23 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Been saying it for a while now. The family enclosure was increased from 500 (underneath L7) in the early-mid 2000s to stretching across the whole Milburn and even into Leazes L7 core after the singing section was disbanded. It was all about bums on seats during the dark days of Ashley.

Some kid’s STs are £86 a year. I’ve no idea how much childcare is, but £4.52 for a day at the match doesn’t seem bad at all…

I think for a ST (at the back of Leazes L7) when I started going as a kid in 2001 was at least double or maybe even 3x as much as what kids in the family enclosure pay now. For a Club so focused on increasing income - it’s bizarre this hasn’t been flagged/discussed more openly. 

The whole situation around having 100 seats empty is unacceptable. The club have just this week been on local radio talking about the problem of demand outstripping supply, yet this situation exists, it just seems like rank bad management in the ticket office for someone not to flag this up.

Members have paid 37 quid for the opportunity to buy a ticket and can’t get one due to either laziness or inflexibility on someone’s part at the club.

Im quite sure if Staveley and Mehrdad were made aware of this they’d be less than happy, seems like some incompetence from the Ashley regime is still lingering in parts of the club.

I’m also unsure why the club haven’t put any general sale on for this match, now I believe that was a PL requirement and appears to have gone out the window.

Edited by Whitley mag

23 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I’m also unsure why the club haven’t put any general sale on for this match, now I believe that was a PL requirement and appears to have gone out the window.

Given that there’s no restriction on the number of Memberships sold, all tickets outside of ST’s are effectively general sale (albeit via a ballot).

46 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

The whole situation around having 100 seats empty is unacceptable. The club have just this week been on local radio talking about the problem of demand outstripping supply, yet this situation exists, it just seems like rank bad management in the ticket office for someone not to flag this up.

Members have paid 37 quid for the opportunity to buy a ticket and can’t get one due to either laziness or inflexibility on someone’s part at the club.

Im quite sure if Staveley and Mehrdad were made aware of this they’d be less than happy, seems like some incompetence from the Ashley regime is still lingering in parts of the club.

NUFC email addresses are easy to figure out 

A polite and constructive email to the relevant leadership highlighting concerns about the new ticketing system would make them aware that there are some unhappy fans 

Shy bairns get nowt, as the saying goes  

Edited by bobbydazzla

7 hours ago, cubaricho said:

What kind of coin are we talking about for that?

I had a gander at hospitality before Villa sold out. 

I think the top whack was £380ish. Directors seats, meal etc etc. 

60th in Dec and a little piece of me was toying with idea of treating us to a bit of that but it's Fulham at home 😂

8 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

I had a gander at hospitality before Villa sold out. 

I think the top whack was £380ish. Directors seats, meal etc etc. 

60th in Dec and a little piece of me was toying with idea of treating us to a bit of that but it's Fulham at home 😂

Oooof.

3 minutes ago, plenum said:

Re. hospitality. Do you sit in a box or given a regular seat in the open?

I had a hospitality seat for a game last year- meal before the game in the area above Shearer’s, then got walked around the outside of the stadium and got sat in a regular seat around L2G/H in the Milburn stand, near the Leazes West corner.