Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

It’s spot on and the club need to be put under pressure now from all angles. Absolutely unacceptable and would hope the NUST, NUSC and FSA can get an audience with someone from the club urgently.

My only fear is they’ll go even more draconian and put the blame squarely on fans for buying tickets for the loyalty point. 

The top and bottom is they’ve tried to crack a nut with a hammer due to imbeciles on Twitter and other areas of the support who’ve never been to an away game in their life now crying foul.

There is also possibly an issue here where corporates are getting tickets and just not using them, or the club are to late/lazy to put them on sale.

Whatever the issues they need addressing as empty seats is unacceptable when other supporters would happily snap them up.

Edited by Whitley mag

11 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

It’s spot on and the club need to be put under pressure now from all angles. Absolutely unacceptable and would hope the NUST, NUSC and FSA can get an audience with someone from the club urgently.

My only fear is they’ll go even more draconian and put the blame squarely on fans for buying tickets for the loyalty point. 

The top and bottom is they’ve tried to crack a nut with a hammer due to imbeciles on Twitter and other areas of the support who’ve never been to an away game in their life now crying foul.

There is also possibly an issue here where corporates are getting tickets and just not using them, or the club are to late/lazy to put them on sale.

Whatever the issues they need addressing as empty seats is unacceptable when other supporters would happily snap them up.

How do you know they have not been to an away game in their life?

I’ve been to away games, but I doubt I have came across you at them, thousands of fans go to away games.

There was a problem with some season ticket holders selling in their away tickets and being able to pick and choose which games they could go too. It was getting impossible for fans even with a season ticket to get to a match. This was made more difficult the fact that family members could pass on their season tickets. So you had a case of a father who had a season ticket since they existed, passing it on this son who had all those loyalty points.

Even when I went to away games and had a season ticket, the majority of my tickets came from people who had a season ticket and sold their away ticket on to points collect.

The Brighton match was a sellout to season ticket holders. The gaps in the crowd are due to those who have bought a ticket and either sold them without informing the club and the buyer got caught out, or couldn’t sell them on because of the new transfer system. The level of gaps in the crowd indicates that this is a bigger problem than many existing season ticket holders admitted, and just goes to prove the point of those who say that they are being locked out of games. 

11 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I’ve been to away games, but I doubt I have came across you at them, thousands of fans go to away games.

There was a problem with some season ticket holders selling in their away tickets and being able to pick and choose which games they could go too. It was getting impossible for fans even with a season ticket to get to a match. This was made more difficult the fact that family members could pass on their season tickets. So you had a case of a father who had a season ticket since they existed, passing it on this son who had all those loyalty points.

Even when I went to away games and had a season ticket, the majority of my tickets came from people who had a season ticket and sold their away ticket on to points collect.

The Brighton match was a sellout to season ticket holders. The gaps in the crowd are due to those who have bought a ticket and either sold them without informing the club and the buyer got caught out, or couldn’t sell them on because of the new transfer system. The level of gaps in the crowd indicates that this is a bigger problem than many existing season ticket holders admitted, and just goes to prove the point of those who say that they are being locked out of games. 

How was it a problem though?

The people screaming it's a closed shop probably still wouldn't have went to Brighton yet those non season ticket holders who could get a pal to get them a ticket ( at very much face value) no longer had that option resulting in empty seats.

It's become even more of a closed shop than it was before

Why couldn't they just bring the ballot in for a percentage and leave the rest as it is?

2 minutes ago, jack j said:

How was it a problem though?

The people screaming it's a closed shop probably still wouldn't have went to Brighton yet those non season ticket holders who could get a pal to get them a ticket ( at very much face value) no longer had that option resulting in empty seats.

It's become even more of a closed shop than it was before

Why couldn't they just bring the ballot in for a percentage and leave the rest as it is?

People want the opportunity to build their own points now.

The cup final gave light to a problem that has been coming. People who have been going to away games on the tickets of others couldn’t get a final ticket despite attending most away games, or a good amount over the years.

They want it to change so that they can get a cup final ticket next time.

It was never problem before because for 20 years we never got a final, and the biggest games were Man Utd, Liverpool etc away.

That’s why there was a demand to change it, and that’s why the club have changed, as well as Premier League mandate about switching to digital ticketing.

50 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

My membership is loading but my kids memberships won’t download ??

Have you checked that you've logged out of your own account and logged into theirs before downloading them? Obviously you'll all have your own supporter number.  That's where I was going wrong at first.

Edited by Wallsendmag

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

People want the opportunity to build their own points now.

The cup final gave light to a problem that has been coming. People who have been going to away games on the tickets of others couldn’t get a final ticket despite attending most away games, or a good amount over the years.

They want it to change so that they can get a cup final ticket next time.

It was never problem before because for 20 years we never got a final, and the biggest games were Man Utd, Liverpool etc away.

That’s why there was a demand to change it, and that’s why the club have changed, as well as Premier League mandate about switching to digital ticketing.

There was hundreds of empty seats Saturday and at City

That suggests to me that the new system isn't working.

You've said it yourself People want the opportunity to build their own points up

So plenty have took that and paid 30 quid for a point then not bothered their arse to go

All to the detriment of fans who've got spares from mates/ family members in the past

I wonder if the pub run buses will exist moving forward. Clearly a big reason as to how we’d get young lads at matches, but also why there was a raft of point hoarders. 

I always used to go on the buses as a younger lad. But of course, I’d never get the LP. The older you get, you don’t fancy sitting on a bus full

of 17 year olds, coked up off their tits and stealing a full shop of booze :lol:

And you want the LP. 

You could argue both systems don’t work for many, which is unfortunate.

7 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Have you checked that you've logged out of your own account and logged into theirs before downloading them? Obviously you'll all have your own supporter number.  That's where I was going wrong at first.

Yeah , logged out 

logged in with kids membership details and it shows me the option to clock on it 

Then comes up with an error message when downloading 

going to try again later 🫣

40 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Also for your last sentence

It went down to 1 point

Practically everybody with a season ticket had the chance to go to Brighton on Saturday

So how on earth does that prove any point????

27 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Yeah , logged out 

logged in with kids membership details and it shows me the option to clock on it 

Then comes up with an error message when downloading 

going to try again later 🫣

Best of luck, even though his membership was also showing on my account once I realised I had to log into his account before it would let me download his it worked straight away.

52 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

I wonder if the pub run buses will exist moving forward. Clearly a big reason as to how we’d get young lads at matches, but also why there was a raft of point hoarders. 

I always used to go on the buses as a younger lad. But of course, I’d never get the LP. The older you get, you don’t fancy sitting on a bus full

of 17 year olds, coked up off their tits and stealing a full shop of booze :lol:

And you want the LP. 

You could argue both systems don’t work for many, which is unfortunate.

Backpage stopped running last season and a lot of kids used them as I did.  It has affected my away travel as I went to almost all away games.  I’m older so prefer it when it is not too lairy.  Previous experience on Toon Travel back in the day meant that I would spend the entire trip wondering when the person sat next to me was going to be sick all over me.  May not have been typical but the experience for me was not good.  Don’t know about other buses so now just travel to those that are easier to get to for me who normally travels on my own

From the screenshots and videos I have seen, it struck me that the away support was much older than in previous years.

29 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Just tried it. No events showing when I click on ballots. I know the ticketing is a bit of a shambles but if be amazed if they opened the PSG ballot without telling anyone :lol:

Think the NUSC have been dealt some misinformation.

So, finally got through to the box office. International members do go into a ballot, but apparently it’s a separate ballot from the local members. Guy on the phone couldn’t comment on if the chance of getting a ticket is different for international members. A bit torn to shell out on travel, accommodation and memberships for my family on the odd chance I might be able to obtain match tickets.

How long in advance do tickets normally go up for sale through the ballot? Looking specifically at the Palace home game on 21/10.

As much as it’s clearly amateurish doing seemingly live testing of the ballots etc there’s absolutely no need to be first in the queue. You’ll have 3 days to click a couple of buttons once word gets around. Some people just need to chill a little 󠀠

3 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

So, finally got through to the box office. International members do go into a ballot, but apparently it’s a separate ballot from the local members. Guy on the phone couldn’t comment on if the chance of getting a ticket is different for international members. A bit torn to shell out on travel, accommodation and memberships for my family on the odd chance I might be able to obtain match tickets.

How long in advance do tickets normally go up for sale through the ballot? Looking specifically at the Palace home game on 21/10.

Currently only about 7-10 days before game but hopefully that will improve. However finding out your successful is literally the week of the game sometimes the day before with resales etc.

Applying via International hopefully gives you a slightly higher chance if that’s what they are encouraging but who knows.

6 minutes ago, LFEE said:

As much as it’s clearly amateurish doing seemingly live testing of the ballots etc there’s absolutely no need to be first in the queue. You’ll have 3 days to click a couple of buttons once word gets around. Some people just need to chill a little 󠀠

You’re right of course, but it just doesn’t help the general perception of things when there’s so much noise around ticketing at the minute.

Can memberships be linked with seperate people or do they all have to be within one group?

eg John is linked with Dave and Brian, but Dave and Brian aren't linked with each other and have their own links with other members. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

9 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Can memberships be linked with seperate people or do they all have to be within one group?

eg John is linked with Dave and Brian, but Dave and Brian aren't linked with each other and have their own links with other members. 

Each link is individual between those two members