Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

I’ve mentioned this before but I will again as I genuinely think it’s something that would be feasible for next season should the membership and ballot process remain broadly the same.

There’s clearly a significant number of people on here with memberships. If someone was to put the time and effort in to organise some kind of group to ‘pool’ the memberships, I think it would surely give people a better chance of attending the games they want to.

I guess it probably wouldn’t really work having people in who want to go the majority of matches, it would more be for people who looking to go to <10 a season. 

If you got 30 people in the group, you should be averaging a return of about 10 tickets per game (if the clubs ballot stats are to be believed), which would hopefully accommodate the amount of people that wanted to go to any particular game (give or take).

Obviously you’d have to come up with a way of determining who gets tickets for a game where the number in the group wanting to go exceeds the number of tickets won (a secondary ballot? 😬😂).

Probably also have to come up with something around what areas get applied for etc, but I’m sure someone on here is clever enough to devise something sensible.

It sounds like any season tickets not renewed will have that seat returned to matchday allocation (it also sounds as though there will be no 'new' season tickets on sale). 

Had 4 tickets after applying to all but 1.

Actually went for Platinum for Brighton but flunked that as well. Usually Cat1 or 2

Notwithstanding the issues other people have had we're happy enough. 

Hey fucking ho

17 hours ago, SteV said:

I’ve mentioned this before but I will again as I genuinely think it’s something that would be feasible for next season should the membership and ballot process remain broadly the same.

There’s clearly a significant number of people on here with memberships. If someone was to put the time and effort in to organise some kind of group to ‘pool’ the memberships, I think it would surely give people a better chance of attending the games they want to.

I guess it probably wouldn’t really work having people in who want to go the majority of matches, it would more be for people who looking to go to <10 a season. 

If you got 30 people in the group, you should be averaging a return of about 10 tickets per game (if the clubs ballot stats are to be believed), which would hopefully accommodate the amount of people that wanted to go to any particular game (give or take).

Obviously you’d have to come up with a way of determining who gets tickets for a game where the number in the group wanting to go exceeds the number of tickets won (a secondary ballot? 😬😂).

Probably also have to come up with something around what areas get applied for etc, but I’m sure someone on here is clever enough to devise something sensible.

Not a bad idea but isn’t the problem that so many people want to go to every game? 

Now the last ballot for this season has been drawn it be nice for everyone to give a simple success/attempts ratio from it (not re-sale but comments on that obviously welcome).

If you remember at the start of the season I did a calculation going off rough numbers of STs, seats available, memberships etc and thought everyone should get around 4-5/19 league games.

Just curious how far off I was. Seems like @SUPERTOONhas had great success and would be interested to know further details (Do you live local or out the area, Categories you generally applied for etc).

17 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Not a bad idea but isn’t the problem that so many people want to go to every game? 

Maybe. I don’t really know what the numbers would look like in this regard?

As I say, it probably doesn’t really work having people in the group that want to go to most games, it’s probably more for those that want less than 10.

Unless someone can come up with a way it does work for those that want to go all the time?

I've applied for every match and been successful in;

Burnley

PSG

Palace

Chelsea*

Fulham

Luton

Wolves

West Ham

Everton*

Spurs

Brighton*

*These were successful through a mate of mine's account who bought a membership but now lives abroad. Allowed me to apply for myself through his account and have done for every match as well has through my own from the Chelsea game onwards so have had 2 entries per game. The games without an asterisk were my own account.

I have been able to get to every home match this season through getting sorted by mates, F5ing and resale. Despite this I absolutely loathe this system. 

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Now the last ballot for this season has been drawn it be nice for everyone to give a simple success/attempts ratio from it (not re-sale but comments on that obviously welcome).

If you remember at the start of the season I did a calculation going off rough numbers of STs, seats available, memberships etc and thought everyone should get around 4-5/19 league games.

Just curious how far off I was. Seems like @SUPERTOONhas had great success and would be interested to know further details (Do you live local or out the area, Categories you generally applied for etc).

I live in Hartlepool so about 45 minute drive. Applied in Category 2 every time. Anything else you want to know just let me know.

In terms of games I applied and won 2/2 champions league games (PSG and Milan).

Edited by SUPERTOON

52 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I've applied for every match and been successful in;

Burnley

PSG

Palace

Chelsea*

Fulham

Luton

Wolves

West Ham

Everton*

Spurs

Brighton*

*These were successful through a mate of mine's account who bought a membership but now lives abroad. Allowed me to apply for myself through his account and have done for every match as well has through my own from the Chelsea game onwards so have had 2 entries per game. The games without an asterisk were my own account.

I have been able to get to every home match this season through getting sorted by mates, F5ing and resale. Despite this I absolutely loathe this system. 

To add to mine, I apply for Category 1 every time.

Not quite a spreadsheet but I've just had a glance through my emails to work it out. Actually applied for more than I thought I had. :lol: 

Applications: 13

Success: 6 (Brentford, Milan, Forest, Luton, Wolves, Spurs)

Categories (success/applications):

1 - 0/1

2 - 3/7

3 - 3/5

Never tried to get a ticket in the resale. 

Overall I'm fairly satisfied with that return. I'd love to go to more games but appreciate I gave up that right when I cancelled my season ticket, and I obviously didn't apply for all as some I knew I couldn't make it to/didn't have the funds at the time. 

Got tickets 1st game of the season and thought... this isn't bad at all! 

13 games later that's the only success I had all season. [emoji38]

Resale - 100 % success rate, had about a million billion tickets for me and others that need help

Ballot - applied for most games on more than 1 membership, think I’ve won about 1/3rd. Most have been given to other people as I’ve got a better seat in resale 

I’ve been to every game this season, apart from Bournemouth (family doo) and Man U (was at a rave in North Shields)

I think the system is fucking shit, but reading the above, looks like the shit system is working for me 

Edited by bobbydazzla

I think I applied for 17 or 18 including joint applications when I wasn't lead member. I think it's 5 or 6 successful ballot tickets, but it's impossible to tell for certain how many I got even with forensic examination of that piece of shite box office system.

Managed to get 14 tickets on my membership through a combo of ballot success, forwarded tickets, and resale success. Also attended a few more using someone elses ticket. 

Can't stand the process. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Did people prefer the queuing system that was previously in place ?

With my selfish hat on, absolutely. Looking at it through a wider lense, I appreciate it was shite for a lot of people.

Either way, the implementation of the ballot system has been a shit show and could've been handled way, way better. I'd be amazed if anyone has anything positive to say about it.