Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

Can you not use her membership to go with bairn, they transfer your ST seat to someone else (or use whatever this apparent club reselling business is?).

All a bit messy admittedly, but should work to get you what you want?

They're saying membership tickets can't be transferred I think

3 minutes ago, SuperFlat said:

The link in the club’s latest tweet takes you to the ballot section on the mobile site. That’s how I got in after queueing.

Cheers.

So you can only apply to one price bracket.  Wtf is this shit.

1 minute ago, SteV said:

Can you not use her membership to go with bairn, they transfer your ST seat to someone else (or use whatever this apparent club reselling business is?).

All a bit messy admittedly, but should work to get you what you want?

Is she able to transfer any successful tickets to anyone though? I'm under the impression that it's only season tickets that are transferable and you can only go through the resale process with other tickets?  Please correct me if that's wrong as it will be a workaround. 

Just now, jack j said:

They're saying membership tickets can't be transferred I think

Yeah, but if you can download ST to multiple wallets, surely you can do it with single tickets?

In fact you would only have to download it to your wallet.

3 minutes ago, Wandy said:

So you can now refrain from being fleeced for a top whack ticket but the club still decide where you sit.

Totally unacceptable. Still a complete shit show.

That’s how ballots work though surely? That’s how the cup final worked at least.

Just now, Slim said:

Cheers.

So you can only apply to one price bracket.  Wtf is this shit.

They said the one price bracket is only 1 choice currently, so that will change probably for the next game.

Just now, Wilson said:

Is she able to transfer any successful tickets to anyone though? I'm under the impression that it's only season tickets that are transferable and you can only go through the resale process with other tickets?  Please correct me if that's wrong as it will be a workaround. 

I think @Rich has said he’s done this with Sela Cup tickets?

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I didn't, just went to book.nufc.co.uk as usual. Logged in, there's a 'ballots' option in the top menu after 'home tickets' and 'away tickets'. 

Not for me and others there wasn’t.

So that needs to be sorted out.

Anyway I have applied for a category 1 ticket, does that mean if I miss out I may still get a category 2/3 ticket? 

Just now, Stifler said:

Anyway I have applied for a category 1 ticket, does that mean if I miss out I may still get a category 2/3 ticket? 

Not at the moment, no. 

As KDT said, they probably know that's a problem and will design it in later. 

Just now, Stifler said:

Not for me and others there wasn’t.

So that needs to be sorted out.

It’s a bit ambiguous, but possibly not?

Just now, SteV said:

ok cheers. 

Seen you've mentioned you can download the ticket to multiple wallets... will give this a try as I didn't know that. 

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

I've downloaded all three of our Sela Cup tickets on three different devices, if that's what you mean. (I only own one of the devices.)

4 hours ago, TheGuv said:

It goes right back to the announcement of unlimited memberships for me. As soon as that was announced, I knew they were just trying to cash in on a fervent fan base.

Have you ever been a member of any club or institution that literally anyone can sign up to at any time? No you haven’t. Members generally get a benefit of some description. 

Why would you limit that? Shouldn’t every fan have a chance to get a ticket?

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Kind of defeats the point of any kind of ticket restrictions if it's that easy to share them :lol:

Were you seriously expecting anything else? :lol:

7 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

That’s how ballots work though surely? That’s how the cup final worked at least.

Not really interested in how Wembley organise their ticketing process as its a soulless hellhole anyway. And its definitely not how it should be for a club to organise its games.

Imagine going to the cinema and not being able to pre-select where you sit. If a cinema can do it then so should a football club.

The ballot should just be a gateway into accessing the club's ticketing system.

I think you've got a decent chance in Platinum, it's quite a large section and less people can afford it. But I don't know how many ST holders they have. 

Hopefully this is the last match where you'll have to make this ridiculous choice. 

1 minute ago, Pata said:

Why would you limit that? Shouldn’t every fan have a chance to get a ticket?

They could have had a window in which memberships are sold e.g. buy one buy 1st Sept or miss out for this season.

So memberships were limited by time, not volume.

And don't forget that last season they said memberships wouldn't be capped, then capped them. So the management of comms around memberships has been shit.

At least the club has listened and made an immediate adjustment - which is a step in the right direction. OK it is still far from perfect, but that is not to say they will not make further adjustments in time.

They've dropped a bollock and are making moves to correct it.