Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

2 minutes ago, llcoolc157 said:

No one is criticising fans… those who stopped going made a choice… a bit like those who stopped going during the McKeag years and those who choose not to go now…

Every other club it seems has a fair sized drop off when they drop a division, people just not wanting to watch lower level stuff. Except us, where the drop off was purely a protest about Ashley.

Edited by madras

5 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Yeah just checked and it does have a section for wheelchair and ambulant persons, so that's fair enough 

Should have a section for whinging entitled cunts as well. Ones with loads of loyalty points, season tickets and have blood more black & white than other pure scum. 

Maybees a balcony type area ?Laugh Laughing GIF

11 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Tbh, this system doesnt make much sense either.

Who's going to choose to be in a ballot for Level 7? Or Bar 1892? You only pick those when there's nowhere else to pick most of the time. 

I reckon most people will choose Sections 1+2 and a load will miss out. Then we'll be left with a load unsold in other areas because you can only pick one section. 

Shouldnt be this hard to sell tickets to willing buyers like :lol:

It’s a really good point this, they’ll end up having to reopen the ballot for cat 3 seats I’m sure

12 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Who's going to choose to be in a ballot for Level 7? Or Bar 1892? You only pick those when there's nowhere else to pick most of the time. 

I reckon most people will choose Sections 1+2 and a load will miss out. Then we'll be left with a load unsold in other areas because you can only pick one section. 

I assume unsolds will go on general sale like last year?

24 minutes ago, llcoolc157 said:

if you’ve had a season ticket for a few years there were numerous opportunities to get on the ladder… 

So your son started accumulating them aged 7. How would a 7 year old today start accumulating them? You’ve conveniently ignored the other points too, such as people accumulating points by getting the ticket and selling it on, just like those outraged on Twitter are doing.

edited to add; I’m not trying to be an arse here, but you’re complaining about your specific circumstance and a potential disadvantage, while not considering all of the issues involved. The club need to do this. 

Edited by JJ7

17 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Yep, that's what I was saying earlier, there's a good chance they won't be able to fill every seat under this system, and tickets will have to back on sale later. 

49 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I'm amazed it was even possible to accumulate that many away points in 7 years. Guess the demand was a lot less at peak Ashley. 

Most away games went to 0 points bar the derby and the European aways. Odd one didn't

41 minutes ago, madras said:

Every other club it seems has a fair sized drop off when they drop a division, people just not wanting to watch lower level stuff. Except us, where the drop off was purely a protest about Ashley.

Course there was plenty fucked it off cos of ashley but there was also plenty fucked it off cos we were shite

Just like plenty who have came back are due to ashley fucking off but there's just as many who fancy it now we are good

Just now, jack j said:

Course there was plenty fucked it off cos of ashley but there was also plenty fucked it off cos we were shite

Just like plenty who have came back are due to ashley fucking off but there's just as many who fancy it now we are good

It's what I'm saying, but the narrative is spun that everyone who packed in done so in protest. Many packed in for the same reason they pack in at other clubs but its a convenient excuse. 

Don't misunderstand me, a good few did and never went back but plenty went back as soon as we started winning and looked like going up. First time round that is, second time round the prices were great and many kept going because of that.

56 minutes ago, llcoolc157 said:

if you’ve had a season ticket for a few years there were numerous opportunities to get on the ladder… 

been loads games over the years where points have dropped to zero - including manu away a couple of years ago.

my kids have managed to get up to 20 odd points each over the past 8 years

3 minutes ago, madras said:

It's what I'm saying, but the narrative is spun that everyone who packed in done so in protest. Many packed in for the same reason they pack in at other clubs but its a convenient excuse. 

Don't misunderstand me, a good few did and never went back but plenty went back as soon as we started winning and looked like going up. First time round that is, second time round the prices were great and many kept going because of that.

Ahh sorry aye I get you and totally agree

7 minutes ago, patrone said:

Members can buy "resale" seats from next week

image.png.d9dabb95b273ddb3a8e66f429ffe9cb7.png

Yes, won’t be many of them you wouldn’t have thought, but combined with any unsold from ballot, might be a reasonable second chance opportunity if you miss out originally.

35 minutes ago, jack j said:

Most away games went to 0 points bar the derby and the European aways. Odd one didn't

Even the derby went to something like ten points in 2008. People know exactly what has changed since- and it gets tiring. It’s called a loyalty system 

Just now, jack j said:

Looks like its about 10% going to ballot for the man city away game

Wonder what it drops to - sold out on 45 last season but a lot of people who 'went' then won't be going this time...........

11 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

They've taken a mile and given back an inch. Our owners, man. :smitten:

System is still shite, bare minimum it should've been when it came out. Not being able to pick multiple categories is also shite.

I found this bit encouraging, maybe they just haven't got a system in place just yet to role it out for Villa?

This functionality will be operational when ballot registration opens from 10am. Please note that supporters are unable to select multiple price categories at this time.

Hopefully that reads as "you can't do it yet but we hope to have it available soon". 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

3 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

I’m quite happy no one wants to sit level 7.

Because I honestly don’t want to sit anywhere else other than there. 

Leazes or Milburn ? Wouldn't swap my Milburn L7. Didn't like Leazes L7 but if it's there or nowt then I'd take it.

4 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I can't believe people will continue to tolerate being thrown into one big category and then allow the club to decide where you sit within it. What an absolutely shite system.

Hopefully they won't continue to tolerate it and the pressure on the club to sort out this shitstain of a system will continue.

If the Trust etc now keep schtum and those in charge think we're satisfied with the little bit of movement we got today, then it's a sorry state of affairs.

Edited by bobbydazzla

4 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

I’m quite happy no one wants to sit level 7.

Because I honestly don’t want to sit anywhere else other than there. 

Seems like you can’t sit there unless you’re with a child. At least on those seating plans from previous pages, it’s separate from any other category.