Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

14 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

My mum's experience with seeing if she can get in with her non NFC phone by scanning the barcode 

20230804_190235.png

Is it worth her pestering them about this statement on https://www.nufc.co.uk/faqs/:

Screenshot_20230804_192013_Brave.thumb.jpg.78532e49592ab74119148865e53106ad.jpg

Shock horror if we're a week away from the season and no ones been told anything about these supposed drop-in sessions. :lol:

Feel sorry for lads who have been used to going every week, it’s certainly a worry in terms of atmosphere next season, if league games turn into cup home game atmospheres where truly fucked.

There’s no easy answer though and apart from not giving folk a choice of seats most people seemed happy with the fairness of a ballot system.

The old system was a form of ballot with a randomly allocated queue slot. The only difference is people could try and manipulate the system with multiple devices and had more of a sense of influencing their chances.

The only thing I think the club could have done in hindsight was implement a tiered membership perhaps, with members from last year and previous years given a gold membership and new members silver and so on.

Clearly that process isn’t going to be appealing when trying to flog new memberships though, but what they’re maybe missing is that unlimited membership with no chance of getting a ticket might be even less appealing in the long term.

It'll be hard going for marquee fixture. Liverpool, Man Utd, an important game but unless we're challenging for the title, interest will subside. 

First game of the season, everybody blocks it out, everybody raring to go, the vast majority of members probably applied. As the season goes on, people have other commitments.

I can't attend Liverpool, Brighton or Brentford next month. Other people will be the same. 

Goes without saying we're on the crest of a wave like. Eventually, apathy will set in and not every man and his dog will want a ticket. I'd wager we have the biggest demand for tickets in world football at the moment. It won't be like that forever.

3 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

It'll be hard going for marquee fixture. Liverpool, Man Utd, an important game but unless we're challenging for the title, interest will subside. 

First game of the season, everybody blocks it out, everybody raring to go, the vast majority of members probably applied. As the season goes on, people have other commitments.

I can't attend Liverpool, Brighton or Brentford next month. Other people will be the same. 

Goes without saying we're on the crest of a wave like. Eventually, apathy will set in and not every man and his dog will want a ticket. I'd wager we have the biggest demand for tickets in world football at the moment. It won't be like that forever.

Very true.

Won’t be much consolation to those that have missed out today, but it won’t always be this difficult.

1 minute ago, SteV said:

Very true.

Won’t be much consolation to those that have missed out today, but it won’t always be this difficult.

I have a feeling it won’t bet easier than today.

i got loads of pals in a right mood tonight. Pissed right off.

Doesnt help with me winding them up asking them to recheck emails ?

2 minutes ago, Bellis80 said:

Likes of Liverpool and Man Utd have so many people wanting to get to games 37 quid for a sniff of getting in won’t stop a lot of them. Those games could be a nightmare.

Yep. Should need to have purchase history on your account for both games. Stop the plastic, glory hunters getting in undercover. 

7 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Yep. Should need to have purchase history on your account for both games. Stop the plastic, glory hunters getting in undercover. 

Aye, I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the case. Although maybe not for Liverpool with it being the next game.

3 hours ago, TheGuv said:

I wonder how many of the 57,000+ REALLY care? If they did, they’d have bought a membership on Day 1 last year - but they didn’t. 

I had no idea they were capping the memberships last year. Plan was to buy a membership when I knew I could get over for a match but that plan obviously failed hard and fast. Hope I can get lucky at some point this season and get to a match for the first time since 2013.

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

....it’s certainly a worry in terms of atmosphere next season, if league games turn into cup home game atmospheres we are truly fucked.

That's exactly what I see happening, unfortunately. Last season's hitty-missy atmosphere might seem like a cauldron compared to what could be coming this year. I just don't see how having the rowdy elements sitting miles apart from each other is going to produce anything but a mute stadium. Would love to be wrong mind.

6 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

What's the most effective way to let the club know that there's a very frustrated group of regular match goers who now can't get tickets and are very pissed off about the situation.

Channel it via the likes of NUST and @Greg ?

Go on lots of solo missions with emails to Supporter Relations ?

There's a group of us on here who have ploughed money, time and emotion into being at every game since the new regime took over and now many of us can no longer get into the ground. Am sure there's plenty of people out there in the real world who are in the same position too.

It's got to be worth trying to fight for a change.

Certainly something we can pick up and ensure they are aware of, yes. 

16 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

What's the most effective way to let the club know that there's a very frustrated group of regular match goers who now can't get tickets and are very pissed off about the situation.

Channel it via the likes of NUST and @Greg ?

Go on lots of solo missions with emails to Supporter Relations ?

There's a group of us on here who have ploughed money, time and emotion into being at every game since the new regime took over and now many of us can no longer get into the ground. Am sure there's plenty of people out there in the real world who are in the same position too.

It's got to be worth trying to fight for a change.

I understand how frustrated and annoyed you are but the club are clearly trying to grow the fan base and ensure it’s not a closed shop for home tickets. That’s probably one of the main reasons they haven’t capped the memberships. They want to give more people a chance to experience St James park in the premier league. The fact they have introduced International memberships also highlights that fact. We might not like it but that’d the way it is and the ‘price of success’ and the new ownership. I dare say it was much the same in the 90s when things exploded under Keegan. I remember back then I could only get tickets for cup games or friendlies 

Edited by gdm

14 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

It will depend on how the season goes - we win first five games of the season demand is only going to go up.

I’m clueless as to the pre KK era due to my age.  Growing up in the 90s with multiple siblings we

1) As a family couldn’t really afford tickets (my dad never explicitly said this but I just sort of understood).  I’d be interested to see what pricing was in the 90s, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was higher as a proportion of income as it is nowadays.

2) Even if we could afford you just could not get in regardless if you didn’t have a season ticket, demand was massive with a 36k capacity 

I did manage to attend a few Cup ties, the Beardsley testimonial etc but going to St James felt like a once every couple of years event as a young kid.  I never even went to a PL match until after the expansion.

After the expansion to 52k it was much easier to get in especially for non PL ties.  As a teenager in the  00s it was required a bit of effort for certain games but could usually get single match tickets in different parts of the ground.  

Since the first relegation it became extremely easy to get tickets for pretty much every game bar derbies and certain glamour PL games.