New here

robbie1988

Hi I'm new here, just signed up. I'm from West Yorkshire and a member and will be driving up for the Man city game.

In the past I've always got train but this time I'll be driving with no promises of trains running properly on the Sunday.

I wanted to ask if you can park at the metro centre and get train in? Is it possible to do this? Or if anyone has any other suggestions of places to mark, would be appreciated.

Feel free if anyone else is going on their own and fancied meeting for a quick drink 😀 

Rob

If the trains aren't running properly I guess you might have just as much bother from the Metro?

Personally when I drove in I always just got there a couple of hours early and parked along Brighton Grove/Walter Terrace/New Mills area just off Barrack Road, you just have to be ready for the charvas who want a fiver to watch your car

Edited by OpenC

You could but seems a long way to park and have to get a train in. Plenty of places to park closer and overall cheaper. You could park at the Freetrade pub for example for free and enjoy a nice walk into town along the quayside.

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, robbie1988 said:

Hi I'm new here, just signed up. I'm from West Yorkshire and a member and will be driving up for the Man city game.

In the past I've always got train but this time I'll be driving with no promises of trains running properly on the Sunday.

I wanted to ask if you can park at the metro centre and get train in? Is it possible to do this? Or if anyone has any other suggestions of places to mark, would be appreciated.

Feel free if anyone else is going on their own and fancied meeting for a quick drink 😀 

Rob

Park in Benwell or Elswick and get the bus into town…

No don’t, I’m joking! If you’re stopping over in a hotel, just Uber it to the ground.

Guest reefatoon

You can get the bus from the metrocentre no problem fella. Doesn’t take long at all to get into town :thup:

Guest HTT II
Just now, reefatoon said:

You can get the bus from the metrocentre no problem fella. Doesn’t take long at all to get into town :thup:

Aye the 100?

Yeah, I’d agree with what @LFEE said. You should be able to get a parking spot in town, especially with it being a Sunday.

I don’t take the car in often now, but if I did I’d probably go for Railway St by the Arena. About a 20 min walk to the ground but free and usually quick enough to get away.

If you're parking at the Metro Centre for a reason though, yeah it's easy. Just park in the blue car park and get the 100 bus from the nearby bus station, only takes 10 minutes. I wouldn't bother with the train tbh.

1 minute ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Aye, easy to park in town on a Sunday. Been a while since I parked in Manors but it was always one of the cheaper ones in town - and probably a flat rate. Multi-storey so you shouldn’t have much bother.

Sunday is three quid all day in all of them I think

The way into Manors is a closely guarded local secret through, of course

Edited by OpenC

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

You could but seems a long way to park and have to get a train in. Plenty of places to park closer and overall cheaper. You could park at the Freetrade pub for example for free and enjoy a nice walk into town along the quayside.

If you don’t want a great pub or nice walk and just want to be very close you can usually find somewhere free to parking going up west gate road turning left off St James Boulevard and decent for getting away.

Plenty of paid parking in town centre also if you want but slower getting away if that’s important.

15 minutes ago, robbie1988 said:

Rob

Welcome - first question, do you think we should sign pacqueta?

If you want to park in Ouseburn you can use my visitor pass. But it’s really easy to park in Newcastle generally. 

If you’re looking to get away quickly, parking in Gateshead and walking over a bridge isn’t such a bad idea. 

44 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

If you want to park in Ouseburn you can use my visitor pass. But it’s really easy to park in Newcastle generally. 

If you’re looking to get away quickly, parking in Gateshead and walking over a bridge isn’t such a bad idea. 

Recommend Heworth for this if he's heading back down the A19. Town to A19 in about 15 mins

1 minute ago, midds said:

Recommend Heworth for this if he's heading back down the A19. Town to A19 in about 15 mins

Was just about to suggest the same. Have done this a few times, it's ideal.