James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

20 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

:lol: really?

Long-term we’re most probably the better option but short-term- even with their uninspiring window- we’d be doing well to finish above them this season.

Having wealthy owners now doesn’t erase the 15 or so years where we were, at best, making up the numbers in the PL.

Edited by McCormick

Just now, r0cafella said:

They don’t need him imo. 

My only question mark about us signing him is where does he fit in a 4-4-3?

Anywhere if we are playing with 12 men?

Anyway i predicted 10pm last night for the downer. 12 hours later til the chips are pissed on

Our low ball offers for players are tiresome.

I'm not saying we should just pay the amount asked, but we either need to target lesser players or increase our budget.

Diaby, Isaak and now Maddison that by all accounts we've been nowhere near the asking price.

Just now, McCormick said:

Long-term we’re most probably the better option but short-term- even with their uninspiring window- we’d be doing well to finish above them this season.

Having wealthy owners now doesn’t erase the 15 or so years where we were, at best, making up the number in the PL.

A big club is a big club at the end of the day. Leicester aren't one, they are a very respectable and well  ran club. If this was Ashley's Newcastle I could understand the downplaying, but there's already people asking if we can challenge for the title this season, ludicrous though that is. Just look at what we're doing under PIF, how would a player not be excited at the prospect of joining?

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

The 5 subs rule, but he'd displace Odegaard and Spurs need an AM

Odegaard is their captain? And our resident Spurs fan said they don’t need him, nor does Conte want him. 

Just now, PlymouthGeordie said:

Our low ball offers for players are tiresome.

I'm not saying we should just pay the amount asked, but we either need to target lesser players or increase our budget.

Diaby, Isaak and now Maddison that by all accounts we've been nowhere near the asking price.

What other low ball offers have we made? Unless I've missed something we haven't bid for Isak or Diaby.

We must be privy to something from his agent to think we can get him at around that price.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

A big club is a big club at the end of the day. Leicester aren't one, they are a very respectable and well  ran club. If this was Ashley's Newcastle I could understand the downplaying, but there's already people asking if we can challenge for the title this season, ludicrous though that is. Just look at what we're doing under PIF, how would a player not be excited at the prospect of joining?

Aye but the mackems are massive.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

What other low ball offers have we made? Unless I've missed something we haven't bid for Isak or Diaby.

We must be privy to something from his agent to think we can get him at around that price.

We courted Diaby nearly all summer before accepting we wouldn't go to his asking price.

We bid 17m for Harrison knowing Leeds want almost double that amount.

10 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

The 5 subs rule, but he'd displace Odegaard and Spurs need an AM

Odegaard has been made captain, think he's better than Maddison too tbh. Not sure about Spurs but they'd be the only potential outside of the big clubs buying for the sake of it a la Grealish.

21 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

You dont look like tough negotiators by bidding well under the sale price, refusing to come anywhere near it then walking away. 

Agreed. What's a little aggravating is how public all of these bids are when a lot of January was quiet until the deals were closed, creates an impression of being spendthrifts.

Edited by GEFAFWISP

1 minute ago, xLiaaamx said:

You dont look like tough negotiators by bidding well under the sale price, refusing to come anywhere near it then walking away. 

As more and more time goes on with no attacking reinforcements it does begin to raise concerns, they do seem to be targeting top players but to target these kinds of players (that teams don't want to lose) you need to go in with big offers which they just don't seem to be doing.

12 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Having wealthy owners now doesn’t erase the 15 or so years where we were, at best, making up the numbers in the PL.

What are are Leicester short term? They aren't in Europe and every indication is they need a rebuild or they're going backwards.

5 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

We courted Diaby nearly all summer before accepting we wouldn't go to his asking price.

We bid 17m for Harrison knowing Leeds want almost double that amount.

Perhaps if you take every report going at face value.