James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

The absolute fewm on that Foxes talk thread is glorious. It’s almost like they’re trying to convince themselves that we’re not relevant and players won’t want to come here.

I see most of them are reading this thread too. Let’s see where we both are in a couple of years.

40 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Given our clubs relationship with his agency I have no doubts this is a goer if a fee can be agreed. 

It seems like a mega-agency with hundreds of clients ranging from Ancelotti to Dan Langley.  So business probably isn't as relationship-driven as with the old school agents - like Paqueta's for example - a dodgy cigar smoking guy in a velvet suit..

As for Maddison - apart from his mad skills, the guy is my favourite interviewee in the whole PL. Always very engaging and interesting to listen to. Seems like a very cool character.. Would be a brilliant transfer if we can get him.

Just been on the foxes forum reading the finances thread and it seems they padded their squad out for Europe, sending the wage bill (and net spend) into overload then the new ffp restrictions came in and they didn’t have Europe anymore so they’re left with a bloated squad with way too many fringe players and trying to reduce wage bill.

Kasper going on a free removing £100k per week from the wage bill. I also read somewhere they posted a £33m loss last year, put all this together then they may want to cash in on Maddison whilst they’re getting a decent offer.

I’m optimistic - even if this deal doesn’t go through then this has clarified to me our slow well thought out approach will pay dividends down the line for us.

Any romanticised view you have of another club washes away when you spend two minutes on one of their forums like.

I doubt this transfer is a given, but the fact it hasn't already been rejected is promising. You would hope it signals a desire to negotiate. If Spurs etc don't come in the chances are he'll want to come here. 

Ah, but you can like the club without liking the fans. What Leicester did was amazing, Vardy, Mahrez, and Kante, off the scale scouting.I cannot stand Liverpool fans, especially the celebrity ones who cannot go five minutes without mentioning it and the "we're underappreciated/best front three of all time" victim complex ones, but I admire the club.

I think the equivalent to this transfer would be us selling Bruno to West Ham for 45M. I would be livid!

Definitely an appetite to sell at the right price if Leicester didn't tell us to get tae fuck after the initial 35-40+ bid, I don't care what Permatan Brendan says. I reckon they negotiate a couple more million out of us and he'll be in a toon top by next week.

Whatever happens to Maddison it seems Leicesters time in the sun is at an end. It's hard for their fans to accept, it was for us, but they'll look back in a few years and see it for what it really is. 

Same will happen to us again in a decade or so. Just like manu and Liverpool before them. It's a shame, but a small Midlands town was never going to continuously compete with global clubs. No one outside the UK or their owners home country cares enough to support them. We'll find the same difficulties at some point, but our natural ceiling is larger, and Leicester have achieved quite a bit for a club and town it's size. 

one thing about JM. Is his ideal position is 10. He can play in a number of other roles but comprimises would need to be made where he's perfect as 10.

SO you almost have to build the team around him or you decide to be defensively exposed a bit on the wings or in midfield.

A lot of other clubs are deciding against that. To our advantage I guess.

5 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Whatever happens to Maddison it seems Leicesters time in the sun is at an end. It's hard for their fans to accept, it was for us, but they'll look back in a few years and see it for what it really is. 

Same will happen to us again in a decade or so. Just like manu and Liverpool before them. It's a shame, but a small Midlands town was never going to continuously compete with global clubs. No one outside the UK or their owners home country cares enough to support them. We'll find the same difficulties at some point, but our natural ceiling is larger, and Leicester have achieved quite a bit for a club and town it's size. 

*city

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

one thing about JM. Is his ideal position is 10. He can play in a number of other roles but comprimises would need to be made where he's perfect as 10.

SO you almost have to build the team around him or you decide to be defensively exposed a bit on the wings or in midfield.

A lot of other clubs are deciding against that. To our advantage I guess.

Maddison is very good and all but to say you have to build the team around him is going a bit far.  Not disagreeing that Howe would tweak things tactically if he were to sign but he isn't of the calibre that demands a teams focus be solely on him. 

9 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Says who?

90min last night. Don't know how reliable they are. Says Spurs are monitoring the situation.

Read somewhere else Maddison preferd to move to Spurs or Arsenal. No talk of interest in there though.

12 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I don’t see why if they are ran well enough that they can’t maintain being a top club getting into Europe and such. They could easily have just collapsed after their title win, but they have had decent finishes, built a decent team, and won the FA Cup.

Ok so they need a bit of a rebuild again, but if they do it right they can be fairly decent again. They probably won’t win the title or come close to it, unless their owners managed to drop a load of money into them, but they could still be better than a lot of what’s in the league.

Aye, got a lot of respect for Leicester.  They've built something over time and done well, their model is something we should be taking inspiration from.  They might have a bit of a dip as they clear the decks somewhat but they've got the foundations in place for success.