James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

And then do the same with every similar player with similar figures to see how their goals and assists come about.

Yeah it’s not really a fair assessment of him, he’s hardly surrounded by goalscorers 

8 hours ago, The Butcher said:

Aye, no idea where this supposed poor attitude comes from.

I live in Leicester and I get told it from most Leicester fans down here. I use a hot desk office thing and there’s three guys who run an online Leicester tv thing and they say the second half of this season he’s been one of the biggest problems with calling out reporters etc who criticise their performances. Apparently he walked past the bench a while ago and he was doing a Wanker motion- this is only according to them though but they’re season ticket holders and the club is their business.

Edited by Gawalls

12 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Tielemans must wind them up even more, he seems to have a permanently amused look on his dial

Yeah apparently he checked out last summer and they keep saying to me “you can have them both”

Mind you they also said to me that Dean smith said “we’ll be lucky to stay up with these players” and I can’t find any evidence anywhere of him saying that so believe what you will.

Maddison was scoring way above xG earlier in the season, which suggested a hot streak, but he ended up just above it for the season as a whole.

The good thing is that he has now exceeded xG for four seasons in a row. This confirms the obvious eye test that he is pretty bloody good at shooting. We already score more than anyone from outside the box, hard to believe with some of Willock and Longstaff's efforts, but this would be more sustainable with someone of Maddison's quality in there.

Imagine being disappointed in Maddison, man. 

I get that players from abroad have that sexy mystery to them but Maddison has been one of the best players in (easily) the best league in world football and has been for years. Besides Man City, he’d walk into any team in the league.

He's always impressed me with his skill on the ball, and he's always looked willing to put a shift in and attempt a tackle, even if perhaps those aren't his strengths. 

The only time I've wondered about his attitude is when he seemed to be protecting an injury just before the World Cup. There seemed to be a bit of a mystery behind it, and Rodgers was a bit vague as to when he'd be fit to play. He managed to recover just in time for the tournament. There again, maybe it was all above board.

Leicester got to the top with some backing from the owner, and when that dried up, the momentum went downwards. Even though the team still had some quality, that loss of the dream can really affect morale. We had that problem in 98 when the investment was curtailed and Keegan left.

Vardy was always a key component in their success. Apart from his pace, he's an intelligent player who was often one step ahead of a defence, but he's not the same now. The loss of Schmeichel was also a blow.

I feel encouraged by Lineker's comments on MOTD, when he praised Maddison's contributions this season. I have some faith in his opinions.

Funny how everyone was raving about Maddison when we were linked previously - now people seem to be snuffing at him.  He's scored 10 goals and 9 assists in the PL this season in a shockingly poor Leicester side.  He clearly has ability and I think mentality wise he's always come across well in his interviews.  Personally I think he would thrive under Eddie in our squad. 

Plus he takes set pieces and corners - we're crying out for someone who can support Tripps for set plays.

Edited by duo

Just now, duo said:

Funny how everyone was raving about Maddison when we were linked previously - now people seem to be snuffing at him.  He's scored 10 goals and 9 assists in the PL this season in a shockingly poor Leicester side.  He clearly has ability and I think mentality wise he's always come across well in his interviews.  Personally I think he would thrive under Eddie in our squad. 

Yeah but Szobo! 

:troll:

2 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Yeah but Szobo! 

:troll:

Personally I know nothing about him tbh other than he's meant to be some super star.  Great if we can get him - but I certainly wouldn't be disappointed if we ended up with Maddison.

Just now, duo said:

Personally I know nothing about him tbh other than he's meant to be some super star.  Great if we can get him - but I certainly wouldn't be disappointed if we ended up with Maddison.

I wouldn’t, it’s great to be linked with obtainable exciting targets! 

Maddison would be an amazing signing, but, if this is to play on the right then I'd much prefer Moussa Diaby. 

Maddison should be our number 10.

Infact sign Maddison and Diaby please. Those two would get you 20 assists between them averaging their recent seasons. 

30 minutes ago, duo said:

Plus he takes set pieces and corners - we're crying out for someone who can support Tripps for set plays.

It may not be "funny", it may be that they take more notice of a player after we're linked, watch games specially etc. I know I do.

1 hour ago, Newcastle Fan said:

He seemed to be a big fish in a little pond at Leicester, technically gifted but dosn't really graft much.  for the sort of side we are building we could do better especially with the fee they will be demanding for him.

He has played 5 seasons at Leicester at this was the first season they have finished outside of the top 10, in that they have finished 5th twice gaining European football for both and won the FA cup.

Leicester have deservedly had those high finishes due to the quality of players they have had there during that period. They are far from a one man band.

59 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Maddison would be an amazing signing, but, if this is to play on the right then I'd much prefer Moussa Diaby. 

Maddison should be our number 10.

Infact sign Maddison and Diaby please. Those two would get you 20 assists between them averaging their recent seasons. 

Which means we would have to change to 4231. Is that formation effective for the press? My concern isn't about Maddison's ability, more about how he would fit into our style of play.