James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

23 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Aye. He's a bit of a mess like. Has he ever actually been right about anything? Even times where he thinks he has a tap in he ends up looking stupid. Takeover goes through and every day that week Burnsie is like 'have it on good authority Bruce is packing up and saying his goodbyes right now'.... Bruce ended up staying on for a good week past that.

To be fair - it would take a while to pick up all those crisp packets and Greggs wrappers.

6 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Unless it’s Fabrizio the tap-in merchant slapping a ‘Here we go’ on it, I’m not buying. Fully expecting the slapheeded fraud Edwards to come steaming in with a denial.

He missed an absolute sitter for us with that Watford lad.

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

I tend to go with Ornstein. When he starts talking about it as a goer then 99 times out of 100 it tends to happen. 

Wasn't he the first one at the UK end to report the Isak deal? 

Edited by Keegans Export

6 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

I tend to go with Ornstein. When he starts talking about it as a goer then 99 times out of 100 it tends to happen. 

Ornstein is the Don, the only thing I can think of him getting wrong is the Wilson contract extension. 

Generally if any of the locals (Hope, Waugh, Downie) are reporting something is done it's a good sign. They're slow, but reliable. 

Edited by The Prophet

4 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

I tend to think Fab and Ornstein and Athletic in general are the favoured source of a lot of clubs as they both tend to just present news or deals without journalistic spin or hyperbole. 

1 hour ago, Max Cherry said:

Be interested to see how much we bid, especially given the reported Mac Allister fee. 

I think Liverpool had this sorted a long time ago that nobody else had a look in ... A bit like the young lad from Fulham the year before.

Both benefitting from lower transfer release clauses then their true market value (you wonder if the agent tipped them off) and then I guess Liverpool / Klopp do still have a massive pull for a lot of players.

Edited by RobsonsWonderland

9 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

I think Liverpool had this sorted a long time ago that nobody else had a look in ... A bit like the young lad from Fulham the year before.

Both benefitting from lower transfer release clauses then their true market value (you wonder if the agent tipped them off) and then I guess Liverpool / Klopp do still have a massive pull for a lot of players.

In fairness it is also how Brighton attract all their talent, come to us we will look after you will then won't fight too hard to keep you after you've been in shop window for a while