James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

1 minute ago, madras said:

Could the plan be if we can get Madison for 40mill it's a goer but any more and we may as well stump up for Dom.

Sounds about right imo. 

Edited by Ikon

There’s no way we should be going above £40m. We have a lot of areas to strengthen this summer. Leicester are in an absolute state, they don’t deserve a bidding war and if Spurs want to pay £60m, let them 

Let Leicester sweat. Doubt they feel as comfortable keeping him unless their insane asking price is met him the closer we get to deadline day. £40m is already more than generous.

Relegated player with a year left on his contract. They should be grateful to get £30 million.

Unfortunately they are going to mess about on the price right up until the end of the window to try and get as much as possible, which is not ideal at all.

I don’t know if Leicester have relegation clauses in player contracts that impact wages but their wage bill was running at 85% of turnover in the Premier League so they are not in the position to play hardball for too long.

Maybe I’m being dumb but I don’t see how Maddison fits well in the same team as Kane. That position Kane commonly drops into is the same sort of area Maddison likes to get into. Unless Spurs are going to change systems or sell Kane. 

18 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Relegated player with a year left on his contract. They should be grateful to get £30 million.

Its crazy. Hes a good player but they dont hold the strongest cards on this deal. They cant afford to have a sulky player on their bench in the CS either. I understand they want the most of the deal but they wont get 60m.

15 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Maybe I’m being dumb but I don’t see how Maddison fits well in the same team as Kane. That position Kane commonly drops into is the same sort of area Maddison likes to get into. Unless Spurs are going to change systems or sell Kane. 

They could do a moneyball sort of thing. Sell Kane, then with a fair bit of the money sign Maddison and someone like Mitrovic or someone who they think could score 12-15 goals. Replace his output that way. 

7 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Its crazy. Hes a good player but they dont hold the strongest cards on this deal. They cant afford to have a sulky player on their bench in the CS either. I understand they want the most of the deal but they wont get 60m.

And they know they won't get it but you'd always ask for more than you think you'll get.

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

There’s no way we should be going above £40m. We have a lot of areas to strengthen this summer. Leicester are in an absolute state, they don’t deserve a bidding war and if Spurs want to pay £60m, let them 

If Spurs will potentially pay £60m, we should offer £59m to ensure they do. No point walking away now and letting them get him cheap, bump the price up for them even if we've got no interest in paying it.

17 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Spurs will absolutely sell Kane this summer. They won't want to lose £100m just to keep him for another season, that's not good sense in anyone's books.

Leicester do need the cash now but they know that once dominoes start falling there'll be clubs flush with cash and urgent gaps to fill. Their dilemma is whether to take the early cash and rebuild or wait for a bidding war and a seller's market. I think they'll play it by ear for a couple more weeks. We have to box clever financially and I don't think we'll have any intention of getting into a bidding war with super league clubs, and probably won't offer enough to tempt Leicester into an early sale.

I've wanted Maddison all along, but based only on Dennis Wise scouting and his stats and age, I think I'd be more excited by the Hungarian now if prices were equal. If reports are correct that Maddison is 40m and Szoboszlai is 60m, then that 20m is a huge chunk of change towards squad building. I wonder if that's the dilemma the club have now and if we're also playing it by ear. This is why you always see a flurry of activity later in the window because everyone's waiting for the chips to fall in terms of value/vailability. It's often only the richest clubs who are doing big deals early (Bellingham, MacAllister etc).

2 minutes ago, ohmelads said:

Leicester do need the cash now but they know that once dominoes start falling there'll be clubs flush with cash and urgent gaps to fill. Their dilemma is whether to take the early cash and rebuild or wait for a bidding war and a seller's market. I think they'll play it by ear for a couple more weeks. We have to box clever financially and I don't think we'll have any intention of getting into a bidding war with super league clubs, and probably won't offer enough to tempt Leicester into an early sale.

I've wanted Maddison all along, but based only on Dennis Wise scouting and his stats and age, I think I'd be more excited by the Hungarian now if prices were equal. If reports are correct that Maddison is 40m and Szoboszlai is 60m, then that 20m is a huge chunk of change towards squad building. I wonder if that's the dilemma the club have now and if we're also playing it by ear. This is why you always see a flurry of activity later in the window because everyone's waiting for the chips to fall in terms of value/vailability. It's often only the richest clubs who are doing big deals early (Bellingham, MacAllister etc).

They need to get a manager in first

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

There is zero chance they get 60 million

That's why the next price they quote will be £65 million. Leicester are the creme de la creme negotiators. :pimp: