Newcastle United vs. Notts Forest: 06/08/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

4 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I don't agree with this but its understandable if this is Howes reasoning. 

I feel the same tbh, but it must build tremendous loyalty in the squad if players know they can earn the shirts through consistent performance.

1 minute ago, SiLvOR said:

Feeling nervous as fuck that the little runt Colback will somehow turn in the performance of his life today ffs :lol:

Didn't even realise the little bastard was starting. Feel much more confident of a win now.

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

So the season starts and the only new player we see is a GK. That’s a big fuck you to everyone claiming we’re buying the league :lol:

Still dissapointed we haven't secured a top CF and good RW yet, but Almiron's form and the fact Wilson isn't injured yet eases that for now.

I'll be genuinely disappointed if the window closes and we haven't replaced Wood with a good number 9.

2 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Feeling nervous as fuck that the little runt Colback will somehow turn in the performance of his life today ffs :lol:

I’m really struggling to imagine Bruno and Joe L raising more than a dismissive smirk at Jack Colback’s best ever performance. They’re too skilful and too strong to be out off by such low level  football plodding

Guest HTT II

I don’t get not starting Botman like, he’s our big summer signing, he needs to get used to the PL ASAP if he is to be the player we hope him to become.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

I don’t get not starting Botman like, he’s our big summer signing, he needs to get used to the PL ASAP if he is to be the player we hope him to become.

I agree he's looked very strong in pre season.

I think Eddie has earned some trust after how he blooded in Bruno. We all want to see the shiny new toys but the manager probably has the best idea of all of us about how ready he is to do a full 90 minutes in the premier league.