Newcastle United vs. Notts Forest: 06/08/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Have a feeling he will start Burn over Botman.

Wouldn’t shock me, given Bruno’s gradual introduction. But obvious difference is the time Botman has had with the squad and the preseason games, and his performances in them. Are you thinking just loyalty to current shirt holder (not a comment on playing style 😉) or something else? 

2 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Wouldn’t shock me, given Bruno’s gradual introduction. But obvious difference is the time Botman has had with the squad and the preseason games, and his performances in them. Are you thinking just loyalty to current shirt holder (not a comment on playing style 😉) or something else? 

Schar and Burn were getting a solid bond last season, so I think Howe will allow a natural succession to that spot.

Atalanta back four, Bilbao midfield 3, is what I think.

It's nice feeling that I'm somewhat comfortable if Burn/Botman, Fraser/Miggy, Longstaff/Willock start.

In the past it would make or break our performance but I'm somewhat confident in our squad now... for the most part.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Can't wait for this. I think it'll be a home win too.

This is why Benfica, Atalanta and Bilbao were perfect.

Perform to that standard, with our strongest side and we can't lose. Forest would have to out perform their ability.

Atmosphere will be electric and they will be beaten before the game.

Already mad nervous for this. Hate playing newly promoted sides in the first half of the season when they're buzzing at even being in the league. Still, thinking sensibly, we're a good team. Even as things stand, we have a side capable of giving absolutely anyone a game at home. Can't wait.

Strange things can happen when playing a team where about 6 or 7 are making their debuts. I'd much rather play them in November but that's the way it's worked so fuck it.

Should beat them but they'll be far easier to beat after the WC after the momentum has disappeared. Worst time to play them tbh.