Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, TRon said:

So that would mean we would still need to find striker cover for Wilson (I'm hoping Howe isn't really going to be prepared to rely on Wood this season).

Reckon his cover will be a late loan. Maybe a young player like a Broja or a player getting pushed out like a Werner 

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Reckon his cover will be a late loan. Maybe a young player like a Broja or a player getting pushed out like a Werner 

I'm hoping Werner tbh, loan or permanent. Seems like Leipzig are now denying he's fixed to return, as other clubs are in for him as well. Fingers crossed it's us as I think he'd be a great fit.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

So that would mean we would still need to find striker cover for Wilson (I'm hoping Howe isn't really going to be prepared to rely on Wood this season).

We've been linked with a lot of young talented strikers.

I think once we get the winger we want, and depending on how much we've spent on the winger, we'll then sign one of the strikers we've had our eye on. 

24 minutes ago, gdm said:

I’ve no bother with anyone. Just didn’t like the suggestion that I had unrealistic expectations of was ungrateful because I didn’t like a player we are linked to. KI is a good poster we just disagree here 

Well said, that man. Debate is healthy ?

8 minutes ago, STM said:

How do we make the Werner deal happen, given his wages?

He'd be pretty much my ideal signing. Can play across the front 3.

Exactly why I think he'll be a great fit. I think he'll have to drop his wages wherever he goes, maybe Chelsea will compensate him similar to how we had to with Gayle.

9 minutes ago, STM said:

Well he has two options, keep the same wage and stay at Chelsea, or take a wage cut to leave. No other club is going to match his current wage.

6 minutes ago, STM said:

Wage is no doubt a stumbling block, not just for us; imagine other destination(s) will want some percentage contribution from Chelsea.  I have also wondered whether he is after a central striker role and guarantees of that. Basing this on World Cup year, assumption he plays there for Germany (?), and that is where he flourished/made his name. 
I imagine Howe would not amenable to this, given Wilson/our needs for a wide forward. 

I wonder if we could do a permanent deal for Werner. It would arguably make more sense.

If we signed him, we could off set his high wage with a large signing on bonus. Of course that would be dependent on agreeing a deal with Chelsea and given his high wages, we would want a cheaper deal.

I'm sure Chelsea are desperate to get that level of wages off their books though. It would save them a ton of money.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

I wonder if we could do a permanent deal for Werner. It would arguably make more sense.

If we signed him, we could off set his high wage with a large signing on bonus. Of course that would be dependent on agreeing a deal with Chelsea and given his high wages, we would want a cheaper deal.

I'm sure Chelsea are desperate to get that level of wages off their books though. It would save them a ton of money.

Werner's my number one target too. There's absolutely no way that he's just become a poor striker over the last two years this early in his career. 

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Werner's my number one target too. There's absolutely no way that he's just become a poor striker over the last two years this early in his career. 

His numbers for Chelsea haven’t even been that bad tbh, particularly as he has been in and out the side and started his career there under Lampard. He would be an absolute dream signing.

Just now, Shearergol said:

Even his "poor" form at Chelsea wasn't poor. They played him from the wing or the bench so often. It's a quick way to fuck with a forward players confidence.

Even if he doesn't score bundles, he will offer loads of other qualities, the sort of stuff Bellamy used to give us.

Again, I struggle to see how we get a deal though. It's very difficult to get a player to take a wage cut. If he does, it's to his credit.

re: Kamaldeen 

The guy was a really in-demand and highly-touted prospect before his back injury. If he’s fully fit again then he’d be a bargain for less than 30m; he’s a player that after a good full season his value will likely be 40 odd million +.

Edited by McCormick

1 minute ago, STM said:

Even his "poor" form at Chelsea wasn't poor. They played him from the wing or the bench so often. It's a quick way to fuck with a forward players confidence.

Even if he doesn't score bundles, he will offer loads of other qualities, the sort of stuff Bellamy used to give us.

Again, I struggle to see how we get a deal though. It's very difficult to get a player to take a wage cut. If he does, it's to his credit.

Can't see any club getting it done without a wage cut, unless he goes to Real Madrid?

1 minute ago, STM said:

He's still starting for Germany isn't he? I would have thought in a world cup year he'd be wanting first team football rather than picking up huge wages playing a bit part at a club where he's considered a flop.

18 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Well he has two options, keep the same wage and stay at Chelsea, or take a wage cut to leave. No other club is going to match his current wage.

Not necessarily, if he goes on loan we could cover 50% of his wages and Chelsea cover the remainder.

50 minutes ago, gdm said:

I’ve no bother with anyone. Just didn’t like the suggestion that I had unrealistic expectations of was ungrateful because I didn’t like a player we are linked to. KI is a good poster we just disagree here 

Wasn’t specifically directed at you. Just the general vibe. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Gives me a bit of confidence that we are still very much expecting to land our top targets when our supposed back up options are going elsewhere.

Absolutely. I'm still convinced that a surprise target will emerge.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Gives me a bit of confidence that we are still very much expecting to land our top targets when our supposed back up options are going elsewhere.

Maybe wait till this evening before getting too comfortable. Wouldn't be shocked to see us (and anyone else interested) have our forced by this. Often see it with players with affordable release clauses. One side triggers it and a bunch of others jump in.