Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

18 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Perrone sounds like a proper talent already playing at a very high level. Wonder what he’d cost if we get him. Maybe our Enzo Fernandez in a year or so. 

He is

I watch alot of Argentine football, and love watching him.

Others I like that are similar are Alan Varela (Boca) and Ezequiel Fernandez (Boca but was on loan to Tigre)

11 minutes ago, Manxst said:

“He signed his first professional contract in 2019, and extended it further in 2021, with his current deal – which is up in 2023 – containing a release clause of €10 million (£8.9m/$9.7m).”

https://www.goal.com/en/amp/news/maximo-perrone-argentina-teenage-midfield-star-premier-league-admirers/bltce825f68209f71d1

Sounds dirt cheap from what I’ve read about him. I like the idea of going for the best young players around and mould them into our own stars with Howe and his teams coaching..

I've never wanted us to buy overpaid stars/divas that are too coloured with their current clubs already. Especially from PL top 6 clubs. Players in their prime or on their way up is the way to go. Ones with great hunger and mentality.

15 minutes ago, madras said:

Whoscored has 2 games at LB and 8 at DLM out of 11 games this season. 

Personally wouldn't want him at LB behind ASM, seems abit unbalanced.

12 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Carrasco is a right footed left winger predominantly, isn’t he? (Also plays on the right too)

How I've always known him, and very talented in that position. Would be some very serious competition for ASM.

18 hours ago, UncleBingo said:

I remember Glyn Hodges being described as elegant when we bought him to be fair.

I seem to remember he lasted about 6 weeks before going back down south (no transfer window in those days). He just seemed to freeze. I don't know what was going on, but he looked so frightened and inhibited.

4 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Linked with Nabil Fekir. We could do with another forward and he looks useful on YT.

A very consistent performer and also consistently linked with moves away when he was at Lyon but still churning out good numbers of goals and assists at Betis.

29 now so arguably you'd have to be paying top whack in wages as this will be his last big move. Add to that Betis will want a profit on their 20M spent and I'm not entirely sure if its worth it with the other options out there (Maddison) being proven in this league.

I like the search for young superstars in the making. Watching Kuol you can see has can rip defenses to shreds, just whether or not he can develop tactically and become a real team play instead of just an impact sub (his current role at coastal)

On 09/11/2022 at 13:21, UncleBingo said:

I remember Glyn Hodges being described as elegant when we bought him to be fair.

I think that's a fair description of his style, only knowing him as a Sheffield United player. Had a wand on him...and nice foppish hair.  Could almost have played Sean Bean and vice-versa

Edited by Wolfcastle