Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

2 minutes ago, STM said:

At what point can we start poaching players from the already usurped greedy 6 clubs.

Remember when City signed Sterling? I want to inflict that rage on another club. Let's start with Mason Mount.

Mount? Fuck that. Other than being out of contract in 18 months so might be relatively cheap, I’d prefer a lot of other potential signings before him. 

There's no hiding place for ASM. He will either fight his way back into the team, through his performances or someone like Milan will come in for him in the summer and we will allow him to leave.

I don't see any scenario where ASM stays as a squad player for a prolonged period. Nor would I expect him to.

If he went to a big club in Italy or Germany, he'd tear the place up.

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Mount? Fuck that. Other than being out of contract in 18 months so might be relatively cheap, I’d prefer a lot of other potential signings before him. 

Mount is excellent man. He's also an Eddie Howe type player.

Chelsea are a mess at the moment, don't under estimate some of their talent though.

Just now, STM said:

Mount is excellent man. He's also an Eddie Howe type player.

Chelsea are a mess at the moment, don't under estimate some of their talent though.

Maybe. Just couldn’t see where he’d fit with us in all honesty. I know he does fine, but I also just don’t see him as excellent. 

A Christmas gift from PIF...Jude Bellingham.

Were 3rd. Riding high. JB gives us a real chance of getting a CL place way ahead of schedule. With him, our attacking options coming back and the feel good factor things could really get moving after Xmas and could change our fate for years to come. 

No one thought for a seconds we'd spend £60m on Isak. No one thought for a second we'd be 3rd. Equally strange things have already happened this season. 

4 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Were 3rd. Riding high. JB gives us a real chance of getting a CL place way ahead of schedule. With him, our attacking options coming back and the feel good factor things could really get moving after Xmas and could change our fate for years to come. 

No one thought for a seconds we'd spend £60m on Isak. No one thought for a second we'd be 3rd. Equally strange things have already happened this season. 

Love the optimism, but we're not close to that yet. That's £100m initial outlay and likely £200k+ a week. 

4 minutes ago, Dokko said:

It’s way too early in our progression to be going for someone like Bellingham. He will only move to a team fighting for the title on a consistent basis and we’re not there yet 

Just now, christ said:

How much of a game changer in terms of FFP would a CL spot be? I’m not up to speed on how much you’re meant to earn from it nowadays.

Wouldn't just be the earnings from it but the extra exposure means we could charge more for sponsorships, partnerships etc.

54 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

I’d rather we chucked money at Harvey Barnes than Mason Mount if that scenario is even an option 

Barnes is so underrated. I don’t get why he’s not spoken about more with regards to England.

46 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

It’s way too early in our progression to be going for someone like Bellingham. He will only move to a team fighting for the title on a consistent basis and we’re not there yet 

I genuinely can't believe he's still only 19. He's younger than Eliot Anderson ffs [emoji38] 

3 seasons in the Bundesliga and one in the championship by that age. Insane.

I reckon this January window is gonna be the most important one yet.

Youd think that all we have to do is improve on our fringe players like Fraser, Murph, Darlow, Lewis etc and we could have a good go at the champions league places given where we are currently placed.

But, as Howe keeps pointing out, we need the consistency to go 38 games and I dont think this current squad can sustain the current levels over such a long period.

Bruno is away at the world cup having just had a bairn, his form has already dropped slightly and hes not gonna get much rest after the tournament. Pope, Wilson and Trips are away and again arnt gonna get much rest before going back into the 100mph PL games.

We need 1st team players if Eddie eases the world cup players back in the team. But its likely that this may force some of our fringe players out of the 25 man squad.

Gonna be interesting to see how the club manage this.

Another advantage of the fantastic start is the fact we now have 2 transfer windows to prepare the squad for a (very likely) tilt at a European campaign next season. A mediocre start could well have seen the January window as a bit of a waste potentially but now we can get who we need for what's ahead and spread the cost out too. 

If we're in Europe next season then we'll need quality and quantity to cope. I think 2 or 3 on January to ensure we qualify this year then the focus will be on adding to the squad to bed it out a bit in the summer once we know if it's CL, EL or EC. Nice problems to have though

11 minutes ago, midds said:

Another advantage of the fantastic start is the fact we now have 2 transfer windows to prepare the squad for a (very likely) tilt at a European campaign next season. A mediocre start could well have seen the January window as a bit of a waste potentially but now we can get who we need for what's ahead and spread the cost out too. 

If we're in Europe next season then we'll need quality and quantity to cope. I think 2 or 3 on January to ensure we qualify this year then the focus will be on adding to the squad to bed it out a bit in the summer once we know if it's CL, EL or EC. Nice problems to have though

My gut feeling is we’ll have one first XI signing in January and a youngster or two, then in the summer it’ll be similar to this summer where we get four players in, with two being for a decent wedge.

Obviously if we make top 4 then the quality of those signings increases fairly dramatically.