Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Whichever way we look at January, I really hope our fanbase show patience and trust to the owners/Ashworth/Howe that if we do miss out on certain targets it's not the end of the world and they'll wait until the right players become available.

We don't want to do an Everton/Man United/Chelsea with recruitment. 

Considering Isak is still to come back and Kuol could still be part of the squad in January then I'd be happy with one good quality signing.

Either a DM (to release Bruno further upfeild) or a flexible forward player (to cover more than one position across the front 3 and add options from the bench).

Terrier or Alvarez would do. Maddison is one I'd be happy to leave until the summer.

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

The last time we were in the CL running come January, we got 1 first-teamer for the push.

With this lot, I would hope for 2. And then some young lads.

We can't keep playing Jacob Murphy man.

I would like to think if they want to consolidate the champions league push, they would go after 2 starters and 3 to come off the bench. I doubt we would be able to continue the high intensity we show now until the end of the season without reinforcements. 

I still cannot see massive changes happenings, I believe targets/plans may change due to our position i.e. moving a potential summer signing to the Jan rather than waiting but not expecting more than 1 first team started to come in, better quality squad players would be appreciated though. 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

I just don't know how they'll play it, I'm certain they'll strengthen and push upwards -- whoever comes in has their work cut out breaking into this team. Love it. 

I think they might target a Left forward and a defensive midfielder as players that would be starters and then a right sided defender and central midfielder for the bench 

They will do what they can and what they believe we need if players of the right fit are available. All falling nicely within whatever is left of the FFP malarkey. Every bit of ground they can buy, they will to keep us up there. Eddie and his teams form isn’t an accident. Forms been up there since Jan 2022. We good :indi:

You'd be hard pressed to take out the interchanging Willock/Joelinton left side. Its virtually unplayable when Willock is getting goals like this. Joelinton's ability to execute the press, cover the pitch -- phenomenal. 

Just now, Kanji said:

You'd be hard pressed to take out the interchanging Willock/Joelinton left side. Its virtually unplayable when Willock is getting goals like this. Joelinton's ability to execute the press, cover the pitch -- phenomenal. 

Yep, hard to see regular starts for ASM on the left.

4 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

I’d start ASM over Joelinton or Willock at left wing all day, especially with Burn at left back. Hardly any creativity there in case we need to break teams down.

Yep totally agree - with ASM you potentially have Big Joe and Burn covering him - our attack is too lob sided to the right currently 

6 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

I’d start ASM over Joelinton or Willock at left wing all day, especially with Burn at left back. Hardly any creativity there in case we need to break teams down.

I agree, but with how well both of them press and implement Howe's instructions, ASM will have to graft to get back in.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Another source here. Says his club want above the €9 million exit clause and we're willing to go to €13/14 million.

I thought the point of a release clause is that the player can be released if the clause is met[emoji38]