Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Just now, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Surprised a bigger team hasn’t taken a punt on Seko Fofona yet. He's been phenomenal for Lens for a while now

Bigger teams have tried and he decided to commit to Lens, they held a huge ceremony for him when he signed his new contract.

29 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

If we make only one signing, what position would be everyone’s priority? Has to be a winger for me.

Number 6 for me.

Quality of posession in the final 3rd needs to be better and pushing Bruno into his best position would do that.

I personally think the problems not with our abilty to create chances but the quality of chances we create - a player with a little more imagination and vision would improve that imo. 

Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

That's that then. Does look like Thuram is one of the best available options numbers wise, sounds like he's not game though. Kolo Muani has just joined Frankfurt... 

Joined them in the summer so we could still get him I think

"You always want more options," he replied. "But I’ve got no issue with the squad. Strength or size.

"The point I was making yesterday was that if we got injuries we would be very light.

"We’re keen to do business and bring a player in but there’s no guarantee that will happen."

EH after tonight's match

Edited by joeyt

1 minute ago, STM said:

We will make additions, don't fear on that.

It's going to heat up this week.

Let's hope so.

I'm worried we simply won't have enough to push for Europe. The goals have dried up.

4 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

On a more positive note, the good news is, Chris Woods been sold, so... every cloud.

You're still thinking about the Perrone news aren't you? 

There is no good news, just bad news and irrelevant news 

Just now, toon25 said:

Let's hope so.

I'm worried we simply won't have enough to push for Europe. The goals have dried up.

Even if the wheels fell off completely and we missed out on Europe I would be more than happy with the season we would have had.

We have gone from worrying about relegation to where we are in a little over 12 months. The dynamic of the club has changed from top to bottom and from that view point I’m ecstatic ? 

Guest reefatoon
11 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Number 6 for me.

Quality of posession in the final 3rd needs to be better and pushing Bruno into his best position would do that.

I personally think the problems not with our abilty to create chances but the quality of chances we create - a player with a little more imagination and vision would improve that imo. 

Apart from the Arsenal game though, we have created plenty of really good chances in games. It’s clear to see we need some quality to finish those chances. All those clean sheets also tell me a defensive minded player is not what we need.

I don’t want a 1 dimensional player to sit in front of the defence, much prefer a player like Bruno who also gets up and down.

So if we were to bring one player in, for me it has to be a player that can play across the front three and score goals.

Edited by reefatoon

2 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Even if the wheels fell off completely and we missed out on Europe I would be more than happy with the season we would have had.

We have gone from worrying about relegation to where we are in a little over 12 months. The dynamic of the club has changed from top to bottom and from that view point I’m ecstatic ? 

I totally get you mate, I think it's just a case of being in this position and not taking the opportunity to push on. 

There’s no goals from our midfield, well not nearly enough. In good positions our midfield is always looking for that pass and the teams we play against know this so they sit back.

You add someone into that midfield who can hit one as well as pass and suddenly space starts opening up in the box.

2 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Apart from the Arsenal game though, we have created plenty of really good chances in games. It’s clear to see we need some quality to finish those chances. All those clean sheets also tell me a defensive minded player is not what we need.

I don’t want a 1 dimensional player to sit in front of the defence, much prefer a player like Bruno who also gets up and down.

So if we were to bring one player in, for me it has to be a player that can play across the front three and score goals.

Someone with the hustle and workrate of Longstaff but also a bit of a goal threat/creative pass.

Eddie didn't say we've got a massive pile of cash and are looking to buy key players in key positions.

If I wasn't so worried about our league position and our unbeaten run I'd be even more worried about his lack of transfer bantz.

Overall, I think it's fair to say, I'm worried.

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

Bruno is more or less alone in midfield when it comes to proper overall  top football ability. We have work horses around him that lack in technical quality and end product. Willock is very good at carrying the ball and when we are in transition otherwise he also lacks ability in some areas, especially when teams sit deep. Good players around Bruno but somewhat lacking. Joelinton is very good but we need others to not get too one dimensional. Joelinton offers a lot but there a clear lack of creativity to balance the hard workers.

This! We have a superb water tight defence. We have legs, stamina, the attitude, we have strikers and decent wingers for now, we need someone who can pick that final pass, to change the game, add some magic and also shoot from distance! Maddison looks like the man we should go out for.

He would take the burden off Bruno, help bring our wingers into play with more imagination, and help our strikers when team play a low block.

If not Maddison, then someone who can run at the defence with skill and ability to play off the striker, Beardsley-esque - god knows who that is. I agree Wilson looks quote isolated at times.