Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Just now, Memphis said:

Gonna go out on a limb and say not a chance we sign Gordon. Feels much more like the stalking horse that LFEE mentioned. 

We tend to be very quick and decisive with these things, especially in January. Not a lot of buildup and speculation. I'd expect us to wake up one day in the next week and find that we're on the cusp of signing someone interesting. More interesting than Gordon I hope.

Similar to when we were linked with every one in August then Isak walked through the door hopefully

1 hour ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Is Craig Hope pretty clued up? I thought he was, but I might be blinded by affection for how he went in on Bruce.

Yeah, he generally seems to have decent contacts within the club. Probably broke more stuff non-transfer related mind.

I have massive doubts about Gordon, if Howe and his team want him then they must see a player in him, I'm just worried that he'll end up like that lad that went to Chelsea from Everton and did nowt

Trawling Newsnow for transfer-related goss, and have always been tickled by their ridiculously hyperbolic titles, but these two sounded hilariously apt for Gordon.

"Newcastle set to enquire about Everton 'star' "; and

"Newcastle set to enquire about 'frightening' 50mil attacker, he could be Murphy 2.0" [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Gut feeling tells me it won’t be Gordon. Same as the DCL and Loftus Cheek links, I think it’s a bit of guesswork from the local journalists because they’re not being fed anything from the club. Look at the summer - Botman was off to AC Milan, we’d given up on Isak, we’d moved on from Targett and none of them had a clue about Pope.

I like Gordon but he’s just worth nowhere close to £50m surely? [emoji38]

If you look at what Howe’s done with Miggy though it isn’t hard to see what he could do with Gordon. It’s the most telegraphed move ever but that 1-2 to burn in behind the defence seems to be pretty much un-defendable. He’d offer similar output the other way too.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

8 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I like Gordon but he’s just worth nowhere close to £50m surely? [emoji38]

If you look at what Howe’s done with Miggy though it isn’t hard to see what he could do with Gordon. It’s the most telegraphed move ever but that 1-2 to burn in behind the defence seems to be pretty much un-defendable. He’d offer similar output the other way too.

On the Miggy 1-2, reminds me a bit of Beardsley’s standard leg flick dribble. Seemed to do it all the time, but still worked.

8 hours ago, The Prophet said:

As usual there's absolutely no nuance when discussing players. He's not shit but he's not brilliant either. He's a raw talent who is very direct, useful with both feet and has the potential to get better.

At this stage Howe and the recruitment team have so much credit in the bank, its difficult to doubt them. That's not to say they'll get them all right, but if they want Gordon, I trust that they've seen enough to suggest he can improve us. 

But people have seen enough of him so if they think he’s shit then that’s fair enough. I think he’s a decent player who is nowhere near a 50 million pound player (most will agree with that). If we take him on current form and ability then he won’t offer a lot to this current team imo and for that price we should be getting a ready made almost guaranteed improvement on what we have.

Fucking hell Gordon might be a horrible little cunt on the pitch, but if he signs for us that’s it in my opinion, you get behind the lad because he becomes our horrible little cunt simple as, that’s what support is all about nee wonder St Jame’s is like a fucking morgue these days.

Edited by Whitley mag

Just now, Whitley mag said:

Fucking hell Gordon might be a horrible little cunt in the pitch, but if he signs for us that’s it in my opinion, you get behind the lad because he becomes our horrible little cunt simple as, that’s what support is all about nee wonder St Jame’s is like a fucking morgue these days.

I loved Joey Barton here.

This is a decent shout. 

He’s a young lad aswell a lot of us are fucking radge at that age. A lot of the top players have needle about them, he’s quick, direct, has great delivery and a thunderbastard shot on him. This lad is nee David Bentley he looks like he wants to play football and compete.

If people think about it he’s perfect on the left for Howe and ticks all the boxes, might not be as exciting as Moussa Diaby but the fact Chelsea we’re willing to pay 50 million for him in the summer shows he must have something.

Edited by Whitley mag

5 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

He’s a young lad aswell a lot us are fucking radge at that age. A lot the top players have needle about them, he’s quick, direct, has great delivery and a thunderbastard shot on him. This lad is nee David Bentley he looks like he wants to play football and compete.

If people think about it he’s perfect on the left for Howe and ticks all the boxes, might not be as exciting as Moussa Diaby but the fact Chelsea we’re willing to pay 50 million for him in the summer shows he must have something.

No doubt that Eddie would get a tune out of him but personality-wise he seems to think he is better than he is. That could cause trouble in our camp, where team morale and unity is everything.

Edited by Wandy

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

Evertonians on Grand Old Team are absolutely scathing about Gordon and are begging for us to come in for him.

They’ve been scathing for quite a while- he’s nothing like the ‘one of our own’ that I thought he was when he broke into the scene. He can run fast and has good work rate, ideal for give and go one-twos, but he has poor decision making, can’t shoot/score, and isn’t particularly good at crossing. Added to the fact he falls over at the slightest touch, moans and whinges like a right cunt, and can make bad fouls but certainly can’t take the slightest transgression against himself. I’m sure Howe could improve his technique, and work on his attitude, but I’m equally sure that we could buy a more ready made player for the same amount as he’d cost. 

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

The fact none of the fuckers had a clue about Isak coming or Wood leaving, tells you (or at least me anyway) that the north east press are not in the know about transfers. Clickbait guesswork. 

Aye I also tend to think this. They'll throw names around until suddenly out of nowhere we'll agree a big deal with someone who nobody had a clue about. Happened with Bruno and happened with Isak

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

They’ve been scathing for quite a while- he’s nothing like the ‘one of our own’ that I thought he was when he broke into the scene. He can run fast and has good work rate, ideal for give and go one-twos, but he has poor decision making, can’t shoot/score, and isn’t particularly good at crossing. Added to the fact he falls over at the slightest touch, moans and whinges like a right cunt, and can make bad fouls but certainly can’t take the slightest transgression against himself. I’m sure Howe could improve his technique, and work on his attitude, but I’m equally sure that we could buy a more ready made player for the same amount as he’d cost. 

That last line is probably key here though, the club were probably ready to pay 40 million plus for him in the summer. I’ve got a feeling after last week we maybe think we can get him for around 30 million, the clubs thinking might well be that this is a good time to strike for a player they obviously rate.

16 minutes ago, La Parka said:

I loved Joey Barton here.

This is a decent shout. 

Barton was wildly overrated and was able to blag his way through his time at NUFC through his “personality”. The fact the club was a shambles also masked his deficiencies. We aren’t a shambles anymore and don’t need “characters” like Joey Barton.