Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

8 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

He’s a young lad aswell a lot of us are fucking radge at that age. A lot of the top players have needle about them, he’s quick, direct, has great delivery and a thunderbastard shot on him. This lad is nee David Bentley he looks like he wants to play football and compete.

If people think about it he’s perfect on the left for Howe and ticks all the boxes, might not be as exciting as Moussa Diaby but the fact Chelsea we’re willing to pay 50 million for him in the summer shows he must have something.

I think the way Chelsea are throwing money around shows it means absolutely nothing that they would spend 50 million on him.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I think the way Chelsea are throwing money around shows it means absolutely nothing that they would spend 50 million on him.

I don’t think the quality of player Chelsea signing is the problem, it’s what they do with them once they’ve signed. I would take every player they’ve signed this month in a heartbeat.

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

That last line is probably key here though, the club were probably ready to pay 40 million plus for him in the summer. I’ve got a feeling after last week we maybe think we can get him for around 30 million, the clubs thinking might well be that this is a good time to strike for a player they obviously rate.

It’s a gamble spending that money thinking we can improve someone in so many areas. Despite Howe and the coaching team seemingly working miracles, it simply won’t work with every single player. Some won’t be able to change, some won’t want to etc. In Gordon’s case, for the money that would be required to sign him (I presume), and for the amount needed to improve him to fulfil any potential he has, I think it’s too much of a risk compared to other similar players who wouldn’t need as much coaching. 

6 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Barton was wildly overrated and was able to blag his way through his time at NUFC through his “personality”. The fact the club was a shambles also masked his deficiencies. We aren’t a shambles anymore and don’t need “characters” like Joey Barton.

Rarely do I agree word for word with posts on here but this is as good as it gets for summing up Barton, that period and where we are now 

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

It’s a gamble spending that money thinking we can improve someone in so many areas. Despite Howe and the coaching team seemingly working miracles, it simply won’t work with every single player. Some won’t be able to change, some won’t want to etc. In Gordon’s case, for the money that would be required to sign him (I presume), and for the amount needed to improve him to fulfil any potential he has, I think it’s too much of a risk compared to other similar players who wouldn’t need as much coaching. 

Other than Wood, our recruitment team has had an incredible hit rate. If they think that risk is worth it I'd trust their judgement.

When we signed Bellamy most people thought it was a meh signing, he didn’t score goals and most thought he’d already flopped and guess what he was a total little cunt.

I think Howe has earned our trust, i mean fucking hell it’s looking like Wood only cost us less than 10 million last year now.

Would be keen to see what we could do with Gordon, like, and surely his market value is at its lowest point since he came onto the scene?

If we genuinely did bid £35M for him in the summer and felt like that was an accurate representation of his value, it wouldn't be a shock to see us going back in at a lower number based on the season he's had and Everton's continuing decline.

Never really seen the fuss myself, but I'm not Ashworth/Howe/Nickson with their collective network for background checks and an army of scouts/analysts behind me. Plus access to all of the video and data on him they could need, and the software to best evaluate him.

Has their been anything concrete in the Gordan link bar Hope mentioning him in an article where he also mentioned other targets?

As it feels like that Hope article was just him latching onto a player we where linked with in the summer, as the club have been very tight lipped about their targets, and not anything substantial.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Has their been anything concrete in the Gordan link bar Hope mentioning him in an article where he also mentioned other targets?

As it feels like that Hope article was just him latching onto a player we where linked with in the summer, as the club have been very tight lipped about their targets, and not anything substantial.

Think Edwards linked him before Hope did and we did apparently have a bid rejected in the summer.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Would be keen to see what we could do with Gordon, like, and surely his market value is at its lowest point since he came onto the scene?

If we genuinely did bid £35M for him in the summer and felt like that was an accurate representation of his value, it wouldn't be a shock to see us going back in at a lower number based on the season he's had and Everton's continuing decline.

Never really seen the fuss myself, but I'm not Ashworth/Howe/Nickson with their collective network for background checks and an army of scouts/analysts behind me. Plus access to all of the video and data on him they could need, and the software to best evaluate him.

The question is - Is he an improvement on what we've already got?  Who would you drop for Gordon?

2 minutes ago, duo said:

Bellamy was a far more established player when we bought him.

The year we signed Bellamy the season before he’d moved to Coventry and scored 6 goals all season. Granted in his time at Norwich he looked decent, but it was still a risky signing that definitely didn’t catch the imagination at the time.

Just now, duo said:

The question is - Is he an improvement on what we've already got?  Who would you drop for Gordon?

Not my decision, thankfully, but if he did join I could see him playing a role off the bench initially with a view to him becoming a starter from the left.

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

The year we signed Bellamy the season before he’d moved to Coventry and scored 6 goals all season. Granted in his time at Norwich he looked decent, but it was still a risky signing that definitely didn’t catch the imagination at the time.

We were linked with him the summer before when he went to Coventry, and after seeing him at SJP for them I thought we’d had a lucky escape 

Just now, Whitley mag said:

But that's my point - he'd done well at Norwich prior to Coventry.  Gordon hasn't really showed anything in his time at Everton.

13 minutes ago, duo said:

Even Sky struggled to put together a 'Best Moment's' video for the lad - most are either deflectlons or dives [emoji38]

That richarlison shot accidentally deflected in off Gordon, goes in his highlights comp :lol:

Just now, Klaus said:

That richarlison shot accidentally deflected in off Gordon, goes in his highlights comp :lol:

The dives as well [emoji38]  Sky were clearly struggling ha

Edited by duo

5 minutes ago, duo said:

But that's my point - he'd done well at Norwich prior to Coventry.  Gordon hasn't really showed anything in his time at Everton.

I just don’t agree with this he has to have shown something for top clubs to be sniffing at the price asked. 

Going back to Bellamy Bobby signed him to surround Shearer with pace at the time, basically to fit his system. Howe clearly sees Gordon as a hard working, young, inverted winger to play on the left. Whether we like it or not it’s no coincidence St Max isn’t starting in the left and hard working big Joe is. 

12 minutes ago, duo said:

Bellamy was a far more established player when we bought him.

He'd only had one season in the Premier League where he didn't pull up any trees but Robson thought he could do something with him and would be a good partner for Shearer. He was bang on.

If we've similarly seen attributes we like and think we can bring him along and he'd offer us something, I don't see much difference between the two.