Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

12 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

If we don't sign anyone and considering neither Wilson nor Isak are fully fit we might.    A lot of people forget that the 2nd half of last season when he was our main striker, he might not have scored but he allowed Eddie to play the way he wanted to.  I think his debut was our 2nd win, the first win was Burnley.  We looked better when Wilson came back but Wood enabled us to play the way Eddie wanted.

I agree. I've no ill will to Wood, I thought he was integral to keeping us up and turning our form round and any player who has played so much in a team which over 12 months has been a top 4 side cannot be a bad player, otherwise I guess without him we'd have won the league. :lol:

It was just a cheap joke.

16 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

If we don't sign anyone and considering neither Wilson nor Isak are fully fit we might.    A lot of people forget that the 2nd half of last season when he was our main striker, he might not have scored but he allowed Eddie to play the way he wanted to.  I think his debut was our 2nd win, the first win was Burnley.  We looked better when Wilson came back but Wood enabled us to play the way Eddie wanted.

He even played in our only win before his debut 

31 minutes ago, MagMal said:

So does anyone think we will miss Chris Wood? ??

No. Remember when we had Joelinton playing out of position as striker? He scored as many or more goals with more assists than Wood. And that was under Bruce.  If we sign a forward who can cover striker, we will be much better off.   I like Chris Wood and think he can help Forest stay up.  His time was up at Newcastle. 

Would be a really really poor decision to not bring in another forward player. We're pushing so hard for Champions League qualification and have done so well this season. Injuries to Wilson or Isak for 3 or 4 weeks with the busy schedule could ruin everything. 

It's clear PIF are willing to invest and I'm sure we have room even with FFP. 

It would be odd to hold until the summer when we're literally at that point now. 

Personally I think we are speaking to a few players and I think we will bring at least a forward and a midfielder in. 

Poor window from us so far and can't help but feel disappointed, however if we've signed no one then it been what's best for the club. Fees, wages, agents, FFP, quality, background checks...so many factors and of course, a player could simply fancy another club over us or want to stay put. Whatever the reason were currently empty handed I feel I can trust us to do tge right thing in every situation. We've panicked once, and looks like we've got away with it. We won't do it again.

3 hours ago, Peppe said:

Yes, sir.

"Onani" is Swedish for masturbation. Thought it was kind of fitting ?

“Bashing wood “ is English for masturbation, and that’s all we’ve been doing the past three pages.

4 minutes ago, Beth said:

Can someon explain why Chelsea can seemingly spunk a fortune in the market recently without being affected by FFP?

They’re handing out 7-8 year contracts which means that the transfer fee is amortised over more years - e.g. they sign an £80m player on an eight year deal, that only hits their books at £10m per season.

But unless you grow revenues significantly in that period, you could just end up completely fucked in four or five years time if those players on still on your books a la Winston Bogarde

9 hours ago, Chris_R said:

I agree. I've no ill will to Wood, I thought he was integral to keeping us up and turning our form round and any player who has played so much in a team which over 12 months has been a top 4 side cannot be a bad player, otherwise I guess without him we'd have won the league. :lol:

It was just a cheap joke.

Everytime I click on this forum I feel like I've had a brain injury like the guy in Memento and unknowingly to me I'm reading the same 10 posts about if Chris Wood was shit or not.