Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, Milanista said:

We are doing just fine.

No one calls our team "AC." We are simply "Milan."

I know you're a top guy from the Botman discussions, but where have I said you're not doing fine?

I'm simplying suggesting Milan haven't learned from the mistake of trying to compete with us for a deal, take it with a pinch of salt.

Apologies for using the wrong name.

Edited by BonesJones

Ugarte and Kone are two players i like (to name two). We don't want a DM that is too one dimensional and dosen't offer anything but protection defensively. Rice would be nice but way too expensive as we can get 2 very good players for the same price that he would cost.

Physical and dynamic players with technical and tactical ability. For example Kone is more of a CM who is good in both directions.

Edited by Ikon

If we make top 4 then Rice might fancy it. Sell him the project, make him our Kompany. He could be captain of NUFC and England in 3-4 years time. 

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we make top 4 then Rice might fancy it. Sell him the project, make him our Kompany. He could be captain of NUFC and England in 3-4 years time. 

80-100m? Would rather sign Kone and Hojlund/similar from Atalanta if possible.

Edited by Ikon

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Probably would be our tops.

Would love it but too early on one player i reckon. Especially since we need a better squad for Europe.

Part of me wonders if Howe is thinking whether the midfield actually needs another first choice after all. Maybe he’s seen something he likes in the current blend and is instead looking for cover in Midfield, quality elsewhere…maybe that’s why McTominay has been mooted?

Edited by AJ9

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Agree 100%.

Wilson scored two yesterday, but there is a clear difference in the quality of our build up and possession without Isak, it's why we were so disjointed most of the game.

Joao Pedro would be a great understudy to Isak because he does indeed have the same profile and style of game, and we could really do with another striker of that ilk, and as you said he can also fill in at other positions so will be very very handy.

I've started to think that maybe Maddison isn't the best fit for us tbh.

I'd really be into us just committing to our balls out pace and power high press style by bringing in an absolute unit in CM and try to just fucking mince teams.

Presslemania.

Bring in Diaby for the RW spot as our marquee signing. A top class attacking LB and then another high engine CM but one who has that bit of quality on the ball that Longstaff lacks. Rice would be incredible in the role tbh.

Bruno in the middle running the show with Joelinton and Rice either side of him. That midfield isn't getting bullied by anyone.

Then Isak dropping off the front and letting Diaby and ASM run at fullbacks with Trippier and a quality LB providing the overlaps.

That's all without mentioning Willock, Gordon, Almiron, João Pedro and Callum Wilson, all of whom could step into roles in that team and not be at all out of place.

Fuck it's exciting that this is all extremely realistic. Steve Bruce was our manager 18 months ago :lol:

I've said before that the most ridiculous thing is the sheer volume of options we have in the summer.

I'm extremely confident we will sign another 2 "botman/brunos", at least and it's quite frankly frightening.

Of course we will have a bigger workload but... more games more fun.

Just now, AJ9 said:

Part of me wonders if Howe is thinking whether the midfield actually needs another first choice after all. Maybe he’s seen something he likes in the current blend and is instead looking for cover in Midfield, quality elsewhere…maybe that’s why McTominay has been mooted?

Signing someone like Rice might be worth it as you could argue it fills two holes in the squad.

First, it's a massive upgrade on Longstaff in a starting CM position.

Secondly, in the event that Bruno gets injured I think Rice is good enough on the ball to take over his role as the deep lying playmaker. He's not as good as Bruno in that specific role IMO but he'd still be excelllent. We've nobody in the squad who can do that right now, which is why we fall off so spectacularly when he's out.

Rice would be a fucking astonishing signing. Wouldn't put it past them to try. He'd be worth every penny of 80m.

Like above, he would fill two roles and be a great leader.

Can't see him anywhere else but London though.

Ajax fans don't see to rate Alvarez, weird cause I always thought he was really good from the rare CL games I watched.

I wonder if you guys could sign their CB Timber? he might bring down your average height quite a lot though. Kudus is another super talent they will be looking to sell for big money this Summer.

Edited by BrianSwan

1 hour ago, Away Toon said:

I wonder if we'll be back in for Ekitike?

Like Joao Pedro would make a lot of sense on paper as someone who could be Isak's understudy as CF while also being an option on the wings.

You'd wonder if he'll want to go somewhere where he'll be first choice though, which I don't think he'd get at Newcastle.

1 hour ago, Shak said:

Signing someone like Rice might be worth it as you could argue it fills two holes in the squad.

First, it's a massive upgrade on Longstaff in a starting CM position.

Secondly, in the event that Bruno gets injured I think Rice is good enough on the ball to take over his role as the deep lying playmaker. He's not as good as Bruno in that specific role IMO but he'd still be excelllent. We've nobody in the squad who can do that right now, which is why we fall off so spectacularly when he's out.

We can not compromise the engine out of our 8's which is why whoever we sign that could "upgrade" on Willock/Joelinton/Longstaff needs to be able to play equal to them in terms of pitch coverage to allow Bruno the freedom to do waht he does best in an almost free attacking role when we're pushed up high. 

In my absolute mad mind right now...

Joelinton Isak Maxi/Diaby/Ferran Torres

Willock Bruno Longstaff/New CM

Attacking LB Botman Schar Trips 

^^ in the above we're signing a new dynamo winger who can create, score and get in behind. We're signing a new #8 who is better in attack than Longstaff but is able to do the off-the-ball stuff Longstaff does. On the LB side we get someone who can genuinly add more in attack. It also preserves the Joelinton/Willock interchanging too. We can obviously change it up situationally with say Maxi & New Winger flanking Isak or WIlson and Joelinton in at CM with Bruno and one of the new guy, Willock or Longstaff.